Running Carpetless in a JKU

Randy Tadevich

WhiteMetal

So far so good I've only had it bedlined for 2 months but had no carpets for awhile and so far it keeps a lot cleaner then bare floor did and super easy to clean, which is good cause I like a clean cab, cover the outside but TRY not to cover the inside. Just like I TRY to stay outa the mud, but the amount of times I've been barried would tell you otherwise.

WJCO

Meme King
The White looks good but I doubt it will stay that way. We did both Jeeps in black and they both show dirt quickly.

WhiteMetal

Yeah plus different brands of bedliner. I used this stuff called ezliner to do the tubing and braces on my feneder and it's hard like a rock and has rubber crumb in it, but only comes in black. So I got scorpion liner for the interior cause you can colour match it but I didn't put rubber crumb in it and it's more of a softer material when cured so I can see dirt sticking to it easier then the fenders. But so far both clean up really easy, dried mud sticks to the rest of the fender but the coated part washes off like is was already wet.

thechrisjones

Wanting to remove carpet and Rhino Line (or other brand). Looking for advise.

Hey guys I have a 15 JKU HardRock along with a dog that sheads like no other! I'm thinking about ripping the carpet and getting floor board sprayed. I'm on the fence on if I want to do it myself or have it done professionally. I have a few questions and looking for advise- I've noticed there are more and more brand of sprays avaliable now (rhino, lizard, etc.). Which is the most popular and/or most durable. Also I have power door locks and windows, heated leather seats, hardtop, rear camera and the subwoofer mounted into the floor so there are alot of wires. So I'm looking for some creative ways to hide these to make it look clean. What kind of price should I expect if I do it myself vs having someone local doing it? I live middle TN. As always thank you in advanced for you input!

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
You should check out what Eddie and Cindy did with Calamity Jane....they used raptor liner. Not that anything else is bad....just saw the results they got and sold me on it. I'm planning on doing that to my Rumble Bee soon. The whole truck!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Did our WJ and JK with Herculiner. I do not feel it is the best looking compared to others, but each vehicle was diy and less than 150 per vehicle. Link below with how we covered our wiring on the JK. Absolutely love it, no regrets. JK was just done, WJ was done about 3-4 years ago.

See this link and the posts after it:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/39727-The-Building-of-Compromise?p=933527&viewfull=1#post933527
The nice thing about Herculiner too is that it bonds to itself so touching up is a breeze. It's sort of cheap compared to other brands but the actual application and repair is super easy.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hyvltge

I had my Jeep done by Linex. It was a lot more expensive then I was expecting, coming in at $1000. However the quality it amazing. I do some river jeeping here and there and go to the beach a lot so I end up with a lot of sand in my jeep. It’s pretty awesome just pulling the floor plugs and spraying it out instead of vacuuming. Plus with animal hair... Seems like sometimes vacuums struggle at removing it. Downside, you ride will be somewhat louder. When I drove 13 hrs to Moab I decided to reinstall my carpet for that trip. The other problem is you will have to buy or make something to go in your cargo area to cover where your jack is. I thought it would be cheaper to make one but by the time I had that linexed too I should have just bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maniacal

I have had mine linex'd for a year now and love it. I still have the plastic trim on which hides most of the wiring. I do have floor guards also to catch alot of dirt and mud just to be able to dump them out. The linex makes it easier to clean when things get wet or to dirty though.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I have had mine linex'd for a year now and love it. I still have the plastic trim on which hides most of the wiring. I do have floor guards also to catch alot of dirt and mud just to be able to dump them out. The linex makes it easier to clean when things get wet or to dirty though.
Love the enthusiasm but give us a wave before jumping in head first. Also check the rules again I'm regards to your first two replies. Key word "active" member. 👍

Planning on raptor linning the tub this Christmas break anyone felt with the heat in the footwells? will spray extra thick have used this on nearly everything on the jk except the body.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Planning on raptor linning the tub this Christmas break anyone felt with the heat in the footwells? will spray extra thick have used this on nearly everything on the jk except the body.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

We are in the mountains a lot and have done one long road trip with it. No extra heat felt. Does fine.

Top Bottom