RUSTY : 1972 Jeep J2000 Pick-Up Truck

JeepFan

Hooked
That is one nice truck! Brings back memories of my '77 J10. Great piece of Jeep history there and I'm glad you're going to keep him stock. :thumb:

Jeeper Jr.

That's a clean find if I ever saw one. Welcome to the fold Rusty!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

1BAMFR

You must make your wife sit in the middle...and you must put your arm around her.....at all times while driving!:yup:

dahreno

Banned
Got to love old iron ! I would do exactly what you said, make it run really good and leave it stock. It will give you many years of great service. I was wondering, can you change the grill on that to the Gladiator grill ? I used to have a wagon similar to that, same drive train. I loved it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I Officially RRREEEAAALLLLYYYYY HHHAAATTTEEE you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted a Jeep truck too! :...(

Congrats though, do I hear 40"s?

LOL!!! Nah, while 40's would make this truck look great, we really love the stock look and will try to keep it more along those lines. :yup:

If pictures do it half justice, that there is great find you guys. :thumb: Since you said stock, did you guys buy from the original owner. Will be cool to see you polish him up a bit. Most importantly, what's the lic plate going to read.

Granted, it really is in great condition for a truck that's over 40 years old but the pics do make it look a lot better than it really is. It had been side swiped on the passenger side but the body work done is really good. This was not bought from the original owner but from a lady who originally got it for her son before he went off to college. She took really good care of it and of all the things it's got going for it, the motor runs amazingly well. As far as the plates go, I already have WAYOLYF on order. Being this is Nevada, I hope to get it in about a week or two :yup:

He looks in superbe shape for his age.... On another note this might get confusing lol

Congrates on the new member of the family!

LOL!! So I see :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!!! I know they are hard to fine in that condition. That's definitely a keeper.

Oh by the way...think you misspelled wayalife on the license plate :)

LOL!! Have new plates on order now :D As far as finding these go, if I recall, there were only about 10,000 of them made so yeah, we're stoked to have gotten one and in as good of condition as it's in. A couple of others we saw were sitting on jack stands and in pieces.

That is one nice truck! Brings back memories of my '77 J10. Great piece of Jeep history there and I'm glad you're going to keep him stock. :thumb:

We had originally looked at a 79 J10 and almost bought it but this was a much better find. Best part is, we don't have to smog it :wings:

Damn that is sweet. Ive been looking to find of of these, but all i find are rusted heeps.

Oh, I can only imagine especially back east. This Jeep has some light rust spots on the frame and a little cancer growing under the skin in a few places - nothing I wouldn't expect on a vehicle over 40 years old but overall, it's real clean and rust free. That's the real beauty of buying an old rig out west :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got to love old iron ! I would do exactly what you said, make it run really good and leave it stock. It will give you many years of great service. I was wondering, can you change the grill on that to the Gladiator grill ? I used to have a wagon similar to that, same drive train. I loved it.

Yup, you sure can. If you look behind the chrome grille, you can actually see the original Gladiator front face and opening for the rhino grille and pie-pans/aux lights. While I really do love the Rhino front clips, I also love this Wagoneer style chrome grille and will be keeping it that way. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice find! I'm sure with a little TLC it wouldn't have a problem making it another 40 years

Well, considering I was able to drive it the 30 miles it took to get it home, on the highway and comfortably at speeds of 70+ MPH, oh yeah, I think it'll last for a long time. :yup:

Atch

Man, I'm so jealous. I've been watching for a J20 locally but most are rust buckets! Nice score!!

Top Bottom