RUSTY : 1972 Jeep J2000 Pick-Up Truck

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Congrats! That is a great looking Jeep. Those wheels are very familiar, my father had the same wheels on his old '71 Ford F series truck. :thumb: :thumb:

hydrohut

Very nice! Ones in that tidy condition are getting hard to find. Even harder to get over here. Reminds me of my 1969 Wagoneer, same front, dash etc. Am I correct that some of those had a 60 in the rear?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love old pickups, this one looks great. Is it sporting some glasspacks under there?!? :D

LOL!! When I looked underneath, I was thinking the same thing but when you fire it up, it's pretty clear that they aren't. :crazyeyes:

Hey Eddie, save some of those six bays for when your friends come and visit. ;) Nice rig for sure:thumb:

Oh, there's still plenty of room. Moby and Rubicat are parked in the garage attached to the house :yup:

Very nice! Ones in that tidy condition are getting hard to find. Even harder to get over here. Reminds me of my 1969 Wagoneer, same front, dash etc. Am I correct that some of those had a 60 in the rear?

The J4000's came with Dana 60's. A lot of the old J2000's came with Dana 53's which are more or less Dana 44's.

FallonJeeper

I stand corrected. But did the Mopar 360 not essentially come from the AMC? It seems that none of the part are exactly interchangeable but the design is very similar.

Different.

Designed/produced by different companies at different times.

Different mounts, different bellhousing patttern, even though both used Torqueflite transmissions among others.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Found and picked up an ORIGNAL Technical Service Manual for Rusty - check it out!!

main.php

Of course, you've just gotta love what's printed on the back cover...

main.php

:thumb:

bnatt78

All I can say is that truck looks cool! I can't wait to see what the plans are with that great find!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Congrats on a very, very nice J-2000! The best part about Rusty is that he is not rusty and he a two speed xfer case and not the crappy 4high only QuadraTrac. I think that is what it was called.:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

kornchip

very cool truck! no wayalife sticker on the windshield yet? I like the hood design with the little ram air thing goin on haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on a very, very nice J-2000! The best part about Rusty is that he is not rusty and he a two speed xfer case and not the crappy 4high only QuadraTrac. I think that is what it was called.:thumb::thumb:

Oh yeah, I was originally looking at a 79 J10 and it had one. So glad that I found this 72 J2000 :yup:

very cool truck! no wayalife sticker on the windshield yet? I like the hood design with the little ram air thing goin on haha

LOL!! No, and we may not put any on. It's hard for us to sticker up such a classic truck. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WooHoo!! Got the last of our missing emblems in the mail today, an original side specific "360 V8". With this, we now have a complete set to re-badge the passenger side of Rusty :thumb:

main.php

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
WooHoo!! Got the last of our missing emblems in the mail today, an original side specific "360 V8". With this, we now have a complete set to re-badge the passenger side of Rusty :thumb:

main.php

Are you going to try and refinish the badges or stick em on as they are?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going to try and refinish the badges or stick em on as they are?

I think if we decide to do a real restoration someday, we'll try to have them cleaned up and refinished at that time. For now, I think we might just leave them as is - they should add to the rustic look :yup:

Top Bottom