Sleeper JK

Petzl88

Does my Green machine count as a sleeper? Painted the front and rear stock bumpers to color match rest of the Jeep! (thinking I should have done the top as well, but usually I am topless!) 4" Lift, 35" Nitto's!

View attachment 55562

Yes. You should have painted the top to match too. Definitely counts as a sleeper. The rims can be deceiving though. How do you hide your CB antenna?

Mtbhjm

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429384801.606223.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429384828.355499.jpg
You can't really pass off a 2.5" lift, 35s, and AEV rims as stock, but here's what that looks like with everything else bone stock. I also have a CAI, throttle body spacer, and Flashpaq so I would recommend those as sleeper upgrades. I recently added Trucklite headlights, Putco led fog lights, and a stubby bumper conversion (I highly recommend the lighting upgrades for the sleeper look and tons of functionality). ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429385272.031874.jpg

Rccrwlr

View attachment 138115 View attachment 138116
You can't really pass off a 2.5" lift, 35s, and AEV rims as stock, but here's what that looks like with everything else bone stock. I also have a CAI, throttle body spacer, and Flashpaq so I would recommend those as sleeper upgrades. I recently added Trucklite headlights, Putco led fog lights, and a stubby bumper conversion (I highly recommend the lighting upgrades for the sleeper look and tons of functionality). View attachment 138117

What gains do you think you added when you put on the CAI and throttle body spacer?

Rccrwlr

I'm honestly not sure, I had them before I picked it

That would be my assumption. Only thing you probably gain is sound. From what I've seen here the CAI just seems to let the dist straight into the engine.

I agree with the lighting. Trucklites are very nice.

Mtbhjm

That would be my assumption. Only thing you probably gain is sound. From what I've seen here the CAI just seems to let the dist straight into the engine.

I agree with the lighting. Trucklites are very nice.

I accidentally hit send before I was finished, but yes it does sound good (I've had people ask if I had a V8) and whistles sort of like a turbo spooling up so that sounds good also IMO. I've gotten a record of 19.2mpg on the highway with the average highway mpg being about 18.5; regular driving is about 15-16mpg so I think it might help with efficiency some. It's gets up to speed fairly quickly (but still noticeably slower than my 2007 V6 4runner).

Top Bottom