Smokey needs some V8 power.

You are going to miss all the great things about the 3.8. Like..... well.....
Now that I think about it, I don't miss anything about the 3.8.
Seriously, so happy for you!

Moochie,

Once your on the road if you need a chase car let me know. Rocking a sweet chrysler 200 at the moment and i am pretty sure i could follow you from a half mile and make a sweet video!

Nevermind the windshield wiper coming on every time i use the turn signal, i was told its a chrysler thing and you just wouldnt understand.

Moochie,

Once your on the road if you need a chase car let me know. Rocking a sweet chrysler 200 at the moment and i am pretty sure i could follow you from a half mile and make a sweet video!

Nevermind the windshield wiper coming on every time i use the turn signal, i was told its a chrysler thing and you just wouldnt understand.

Did the dealership finally decide to replace your transmission?

Best info I could get was that they are "fixing" it. Its been pulled for a week and they are playing go fish with Chrysler on the existing one. Couldn't really get an update on when it would be done or what they were actually doing to it, just that they were pulling it apart are replacing what they were told.

Mr. Smokey is going to the smog referee station tomorrow to get a new California emissions approval sticker for the B pillar. One of the last very important things to be done on this engine swap.

Mr. Smokey is going to the smog referee station tomorrow to get a new California emissions approval sticker for the B pillar. One of the last very important things to be done on this engine swap.

Too Cool. can't wait to see Mr. Smokey in action.

This is so cool watching Smokey and Moby getting simultaneous heart transplants. It'll be very interesting comparing notes on MPG and performance on and off road when both are finished and de-bugged. There are just enough differences between the two to make comparisons worthwhile for future builds.:yup:

I'm definitely interested in comparisons. My 2011 will be due in a year or so and I'd love some real on/off road stats to decide on what mine will need.

Best info I could get was that they are "fixing" it. Its been pulled for a week and they are playing go fish with Chrysler on the existing one. Couldn't really get an update on when it would be done or what they were actually doing to it, just that they were pulling it apart are replacing what they were told.

Does Motech have a kit to convert Smokey's current tranny to mate up with the new V-8? or are you going to have to follow suit with Moby and go for the full package. I've already decided I'm driving this engine into the dirt and then doing the conversion, I just want to know how deep in the weeds I'm going to get financially before I get committed to the build.

Been following this thread with lots of interest. Is it just me or are the GM L family of engines becoming the weapon of choice for conversions?:thinking: Love the Hemi, but overheating @ 1/2mph in 115 degree weather isn't appealing.:grayno: Good choice and best of luck for a long run with "Smokey".:yup:

Very nice! Can't wait to drive...er...see it soon. 👍

Does Motech have a kit to convert Smokey's current tranny to mate up with the new V-8? or are you going to have to follow suit with Moby and go for the full package. I've already decided I'm driving this engine into the dirt and then doing the conversion, I just want to know how deep in the weeds I'm going to get financially before I get committed to the build.

Moochie said he is going with GM 6L80 tranny. Ihave read somewhere the NAG1 is supposedly good up to 400 something hp but don't quote me on that. Not sure what tranny smokey currently has btw.

Moochie said he is going with GM 6L80 tranny. Ihave read somewhere the NAG1 is supposedly good up to 400 something hp but don't quote me on that. Not sure what tranny smokey currently has btw.

Correct. 6L80 transmission is required for this swap. It's a much better, 6 speed transmission. You can't use a rubicon transfer case. Atlas or a sport/Sahara will work. I'm using a sport t-case. And from what I've been told, an Atlas can't be used if your flat tow your Jeep on the ground.

they went with the 6l80 and im doing the 6l90, they are the only way to go and get great fuel mileage. and have good low end power. I like the fact I can run 4.88 gears and 37s-40s on the highway without any issues.

Smokey's new engine is now officially California smog legal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374097842.792690.jpg
The smog referee said that "you could not commit suicide with this vehicle if you tried, it runs so clean". LOL

Smokey's new engine is now officially California smog legal.
The smog referee said that "you could not commit suicide with this vehicle if you tried, it runs so clean". LOL

Too cool Moochie! Congrats! Even without hearing Smokey purr, that sticker just looks damn sweet.:rock:

Top Bottom