SNORKLEs all growed up - NEW pictures post lift

GCM 2

Ill see. If I have to cut the welds off I will and then just reweld it back on.

Like you said, not all the frame horns are the same length. I trimmed my frame ends the day I installed the D-ring mounts.

Attachments

• image-3006349935.jpg
    image-3006349935.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 189
  • image-2110153165.jpg
    image-2110153165.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 191

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the pictures! That answer the question I have with the mud flaps.

I need to get the rear bolts for the mounts. I have them away with my stock bumper.

GCM 2

I need to get the rear bolts for the mounts. I have them away with my stock bumper.

You can actually just use the two stock factory bolts that are used with the EVO D ring outer plates. I think that's how Eddie is running his, you really only need those two bolts to hold the mud flap quick release mounts. I had mounted my quick release mounts the week before I got my D-ring mounts and fortunately everything just barely fit, I have a lot of bolts crammed into the frame right there

Attachments

• image-328542427.jpg
    image-328542427.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Gotcha. Do they come with the bolts? I need those rear bolts anyway. Ill have to call the dealer in the morning to see if they have them in stock.

Skid_Kid

Answers mine too! Looks like I will be getting the sawzall back out tomorrow. Thanks Greg!

GCM 2

Gotcha. Do they come with the bolts? I need those rear bolts anyway. Ill have to call the dealer in the morning to see if they have them in stock.

Not sure which ones you are referring to, so;
- the four bolts with the mounts for the mud flap, come with the kit I bought from Teraflex.
- the two bolts on the EVO D-ring mount that are one on top of another, those were part of what was holding my old Teraflex bumper on. They bolt into a threaded bung in the frame so I do believe they would have been part of the factory bumper.

JAGS

Hooked
Like you said, not all the frame horns are the same length. I trimmed my frame ends the day I installed the D-ring mounts.

That looks perfect Greg. So no issues cutting the welds or did you re-weld? I don't have personal experience, but it's the cutting the welds that people seem to freak over. If it's no big deal....cut away.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That crossmember is 1/4 inch thick. It's not going to do anything anyway. I'm fine with cutting it up. An it's welded in in every other spot.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Took some pictures down at the beach today.

DSC_1168_zps4186285b.jpg

DSC_1170_zpsa3ad742f.jpg

DSC_1171_zps1f81b491.jpg

DSC_1173_zpsd29a3b48.jpg

DSC_1183_zps19cf6ce1.jpg

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Wow! Looks great. I am jealous, its turning you to be really bad a@$....

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not sure which ones you are referring to, so;
- the four bolts with the mounts for the mud flap, come with the kit I bought from Teraflex.
- the two bolts on the EVO D-ring mount that are one on top of another, those were part of what was holding my old Teraflex bumper on. They bolt into a threaded bung in the frame so I do believe they would have been part of the factory bumper.

He is talking about the factory bumper bolts. He gave them away when he sold his bumper. In fact, he likes giving bolts away so much that he gave mine away when I sold my bumper!

Adam you only need two per side. I'd probably just grab some at home depot instead of the dealer. You have to enlarge the holes on the teraflex bracket if you use the factory hole location. 👍

Can't seem to upload a pic for some reason. I'll text it to you.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
He is talking about the factory bumper bolts. He gave them away when he sold his bumper. In fact, he likes giving bolts away so much that he gave mine away when I sold my bumper!

Adam you only need two per side. I'd probably just grab some at home depot instead of the dealer. You have to enlarge the holes on the teraflex bracket if you use the factory hole location. 

Can't seem to upload a pic for some reason. I'll text it to you.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom