Spiderweb shades review

Brankz

Ok took of the bars gent and rear but I still doing the same I try messing around with the ball in that place but still can get it to be strait
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426108632.932044.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426108650.249835.jpg

Quit fighting it and watch the install video on their site

How you wrap the rear cords is important

Last edited:

chipper

Your front corners should looks like this. Under the plastic ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426112436.423099.jpg
Front middle depends on your year. Mine is a '14
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426112475.209982.jpg
I have a 4 door but this is how the back straps in
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426112540.633288.jpg
Should be tight with no sagging. The plastic balls go on the inside.

VScott

Thanks for tip on Northridge AFTER I ordered "the other brand" mine Brankz!! HAHA!

Also, for those who get a little bit of flopping on the midsection above the driver/passenger: if you put in the hardtop screw thingys through the soundbar and add a few washers on top of the sunshade (the threads don't go down far enough to tighten enough, so washers take up the space) and a nut, you can tighten down the midsection of the Sunshade. This GREATLY decreases the flapping noise.

A member of our jeep group bought two additional bungee cords and used them through the freedom top grommet holes. His works great. We love ours. Just after we got the jeep, we took the panels off and went out for the day (Texas in July). Before we got home, the wife asked to stop and put the tops back on, she was fried. That night I bought the Spiderweb shade and like others have said, its the best mod to date. I just picked up tube doors so we'll see how those are as the second best mod .

Rccrwlr

I recently installed an Alien Sunshade for my 4DR. Yes, it's an off brand, but I only paid $80 for it. I'll take that. I'm cheapo.

It fits great, very little noise and fits well under my hardtop when on.

20150214_104135_zpsw19qe6h2.jpg

I paid $75 for a used Spidershade. Just saying

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
For those of you running a trektop did you cut slits in the shade for the straps? I just removed mine and am running the spiderweb bikini shade.

chipper

Chipper, how do you get the balls inside the trim piece with the freedom tops on? we have to put our panels on first and then the shade. Thanks.

I had to unscrew the hardtop plastic nut and pull the trim away a little bit
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426975791.960722.jpg
That made it easier to get the bungee up and under the trim.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1426975934.679339.jpg
And just hide the ball in that channel

Top Bottom