Superduty axle swap on a jku

Broke_JKowner

On a side note, anyone looking to do this, feel free to drop me a PM, I know you will run in to all kinds of questions. A few things that I will say immediately:

1. You will need the tool for installing the front inner axle seals
2. You will definitely need aftermarket front lower control arms
3. You will need new alignment cams for the upper ball joints, but which ones will have to wait till the alignment happens.
4. Ruffstuff's heim steering kit will work, but you will need to get a longer piece of DOM for the tie rod. If you call, they will sell you a longer piece.
5. You will need a bigger brake master cylinder/booster if you use the stock ford brake calipers.
6. These things make Dynatrac's look tiny. There is no comparison. That being said, they are not an easy install, and definitely not for the feint of heart.

Hey man I appreciate the info!!! I go to forums to find info on topics I have little experience with. While you may get some shit for posting things here don't let it stop you from posting in the future. Not sure why some ppl get so defensive but hey, not my circus not my monkey. Again, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why some ppl get so defensive but hey, not my circus not my monkey. Again, thanks for sharing.

:cheesy: Not sure how correcting inaccurate information = people getting defensive but hey, I'm not the one who goes to forums to find info on topics that I have little experience with. Glad to see that you got someone to tell you what you wanted to hear :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
I still find it rather suspicious that Mr. Blade here has been a member for over 3 years without a single post, then decided to post his diy axle experience in comparison to Dynatrac, a company that is a respectable vendor here on the forum along with Dynatrac's owner being good friends with the owner of the forum. Mr. Blade could have left that out IMO unless he had to make an "I'm a badass" post, which is how I read it.

Broke_JKowner

:cheesy: Not sure how correcting inaccurate information = people getting defensive but hey, I'm not the one who goes to forums to find info on topics that I have little experience with. Glad to see that you got someone to tell you what you wanted to hear :yup:
Of course you're not going to forums to find info Eddie bc you got your own forum. I don't have my own forum hence why I come to your forum. You know to be apart of a community that's cool with helping other jeepers.

Broke_JKowner

I still find it rather suspicious that Mr. Blade here has been a member for over 3 years without a single post, then decided to post his diy axle experience in comparison to Dynatrac, a company that is a respectable vendor here on the forum along with Dynatrac's owner being good friends with the owner of the forum. Mr. Blade could have left that out IMO unless he had to make an "I'm a badass" post, which is how I read it.

Suspicious???? How about putting info out there to help fellow jeepers research possible projects?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of course you're not going to forums to find info Eddie bc you got your own forum. I don't have my own forum hence why I come to your forum. You know to be apart of a community that's cool with helping other jeepers.

LOL!! Well duh - this is after all my circus and my monkey. Since you seem to have missed it, I was ribbing you because you said you come to forums like this to find info on topics you have "little experience with". Of course, all you really wanted was to have someone tell you what you wanted to hear and write off what you didn't want to hear as people getting defensive. :crazyeyes:

Broke_JKowner

LOL!! Well duh - this is after all my circus and my monkey. Since you seem to have missed it, I was ribbing you because you said you come to forums like this to find info on topics you have "little experience with". Of course, all you really wanted was to have someone tell you what you wanted to hear and write off what you didn't want to hear as people getting defensive. :crazyeyes:

Good times Eddie, good times. Everyone loves a good ribbing!!!

jkugeza

1 ton swap

Well i decided to pull the trigger and upgrade my sleeved/trussed/gusseted dana 44s with lockers and 5.13s to 1 tons. The axles are out of a 03 f350 with a 10.5 rear. Ill be doing the artec swap kit on the rear as the front already has the swap kit welded on. Ill add 5.13s or 5.38 gears and ARB air lockers. Any build advise anyone would like to share? Thanks in advance, im open to all construtive comments or advice.

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Well i decided to pull the trigger and upgrade my sleeved/trussed/gusseted dana 44s with lockers and 5.13s to 1 tons. The axles are out of a 03 f350 with a 10.5 rear. Ill be doing the artec swap kit on the rear as the front already has the swap kit welded on. Ill add 5.13s or 5.38 gears and ARB air lockers. Any build advise anyone would like to share? Thanks in advance, im open to all construtive comments or advice.

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your post here. This may be an informative thread for you.

BlackDiamond_JKU

I imagine him in his chem lab drafting this whole plan to take down dynatrac and took 3 years to do so. Yesterday was THE day.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Yes, I was thinking the same thing

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

jkwebbie

Don't use Warn lockout hubs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

What's wrong with the Warn hubs?
Nothing wrong with the hubs, just meant they aren't needed. I've been told by like 3 guys that they are "required" or your hubs won't lock because the stock hubs won't lock without some kind of vacuum line that the Fords have connected to them. All the guys that have told me that don't run Super duty axles lol. Plus I've seen at least 5 rigs that's used the stock lockouts and they work lol. I have no clue where those guys got that crazy info from though?

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing wrong with the hubs, just meant they aren't needed. I've been told by like 3 guys that they are "required" or your hubs won't lock because the stock hubs won't lock without some kind of vacuum line that the Fords have connected to them. All the guys that have told me that don't run Super duty axles lol. Plus I've seen at least 5 rigs that's used the stock lockouts and they work lol. I have no clue where those guys got that crazy info from though?

I don't have any experience with the Warn hubs, but have dealt with lots of the factory hubs. As long as the internal vacuum seal is good, they will work. You just have to be able to actuate them somehow. It's basically a vacuum switch that supplies vacuum to the hub via a hose.

jkwebbie

I don't have any experience with the Warn hubs, but have dealt with lots of the factory hubs. As long as the internal vacuum seal is good, they will work. You just have to be able to actuate them somehow. It's basically a vacuum switch that supplies vacuum to the hub via a hose.

Yea that's the type of system that comes stock on the Fords, I had researched that a while back when I was told that the stock lockouts wouldn't work. I was confused as hell because I had physically seen them work without the vacuums. But my stock lockouts are in pretty good shape, so they should work just fine (fingers crossed). Gave them a good cleaning and repacked them full of grease. I guess I'll find out if they work when I put them in lol

Top Bottom