Swaybars

dunstan74

Your question has been answered multiple times throughout this thread. Your options are quick disconnects, a currie anti-rock, the g2 sway bar eddie posted about and i think that teraflex sway bar was mentioned. Not sure how these answers to your question are tripping you up.

OJK12

Other than the Currie Rock Jock what do y'all recommend?

The RJ does not need to be disconnected, which is nice.

Teraflex makes some sort or street/trail system that had a manual disconnect - I don't know too much about this one.

Because of issues I've had in not to enthusiastic about the factory e-disconnect.

Thoughts/suggestions?

I did read the thread and it says nothing about wanting info on sport sway bar links only?! The reason everyone is caught up on the rubicon sway bar is YOU never made it clear you were getting rid of the rubicon model only that you were having trouble with the electronics and were looking at other options and wanted to know what everyone recommended. If you only wanted that info maybe you should have just asked "which manual sway bar disconnects do you guys recommend?"

TheDuff

If you are going to upgrade axles, add ARB air lockers etc anyways, paying for the factory stuff which will fail does make much sense.

Great comment though.

Gee, you have pages of people giving you the same answers... yet your saying none of us read the words in the thread? Hmmmm, wonder where the problem really is.... oh, I think it may have to do with the fact you finally decided to make your intentions of selling your current jeep clear, 9 fucking pages in.
And sure, if you are going to do a full build, then you could save some cash upfront by not buying a rubicon.... next time make it a little more clear in your first post what you are doing. Don't think there are many psychics here:confused: ps: I still think you're a moron

Voodoo Actual

Guess i should have assumed that because of a faulty sway bar, youd get rid of the whole damn jeep lol

You're operating under the assumption of that begin the reason I'm getting rid of the Jeep. You haven't asked any questions or consider that Chrysler could be purchasing the Jeep back and that I would be starting over which is why I am asking what other options and experiences have people had with different products.

I asked about non Rubicon options in the beginning. That's an odd reason to take offense to something.

You're operating under the assumption of that begin the reason I'm getting rid of the Jeep. You haven't asked any questions or consider that Chrysler could be purchasing the Jeep back and that I would be starting over which is why I am asking what other options and experiences have people had with different products.
Aside from widdling a swaybar out of wood, every option has pretty well be covered. Im saying this thread could have been 1 page long if everyone knew what was actually going on

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Aside from widdling a swaybar out of wood, every option has pretty well be covered. Im saying this thread could have been 1 page long if everyone knew what was actually going on

You can't make a sway bar from wood. That's just the control arms.

utiadam

LOSER
The question is and was, what are swaybar options for non Rubicon JK's. This is not a question filled with complicated rocket maths.

I do have a Rubicon. A 2014 JKUR. Which is completely irrelevant since the line of questioning is not and has not been about JK Rubicons.

I have continually stated I am considering a non Rubicon JK and a few people are stUck on the fact that I have a Rubicon. That alone doesn't make sense.

I asked about a few options, then asked what else is out there that will perform well. Apparently that makes people upset because they didn't pay attention to the words in the thread.

When the thread first started people asked you why you want to get rid of the sway bar. You said that you have had nothing but problems and are considering a non Rubicon model. I'm pretty sure, 99.9% of us thought you were still talking about sway bars and not a whole different jeep! This could have been clarified by you if you said what the problems were. Instead you said too long to list but many many issues so everyone kept going on about sway bars....

I think this has been said before multiple times on this forum before but not in this thread - unless you have the cash to build your whole rig all at once it makes sense just to buy the Rubicon. The parts you take off such as axles, sway bar, transfer case will have more value than sport take offs.

sean.m.adams33

The only one that hasn't been covered is the terafux. So I say he gets it and let's us know. I just looked it up. Holy shit, I can't believe how much they want.

metalic

I have a non rubi and I purchased a rubi swaybar that had the motor smashed and ordered the evo no limits. I have disconnects that come with my lift and never use then because the no limits is awesome.

Voodoo Actual

When the thread first started people asked you why you want to get rid of the sway bar. You said that you have had nothing but problems and are considering a non Rubicon model. I'm pretty sure, 99.9% of us thought you were still talking about sway bars and not a whole different jeep! This could have been clarified by you if you said what the problems were. Instead you said too long to list but many many issues so everyone kept going on about sway bars....

I think this has been said before multiple times on this forum before but not in this thread - unless you have the cash to build your whole rig all at once it makes sense just to buy the Rubicon. The parts you take off such as axles, sway bar, transfer case will have more value than sport take offs.

I said many times I am considering a non Rubicon model.

If you pay for a Rubicon and change out all the Rubicon bits, you still paid for a lot that you tossed. Plus tax and interest.

If I have decided that I am going to use a Dynatrack axle for example, I can save a bunch of cash by not purchasing the Jeep that had a Dana44 and an e-locker that I'm going to toss.

So other than the Currie and Teraflex, what else is really available that will perform well?

From what I've read, the Currie is designed to be run with the front and rear RJ swaybars. I understand this is softer than factory but that won't kill me. I've driven Jeeps around just fine with no swaybar connected in the front and not found myself dead.

The Teraflex had the manual little hub lookin' doohickey to disconnect. I haven't talked to anyone who's used this product though.

One thing I don't like about the factory Rubicon e-disconnect is the 18 mph limit and that it always attempts to link back up after the ignition has been shut off - annoying. I also don't think I'll be purchasing the factory e-disconnect for whatever I get if I decide to get a non Rubicon model.

Most of my drive time is spent on dirt, mud, and rutted roads, sometimes with rail crossings, so I want something that I can disconnect and not think about or like the Currie, just not worry about.

I don't have a picture on hand of the roads, fields, and mountains but this should give you a little bit of an idea. You're out there and you're driving at more than 18 mph on these roads.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433606907.438184.jpg

Do your choices come down to Currie or Teraflex? Eddie mentioned something else but I was under the impression if was for Rubicon models.

utiadam

LOSER
I said many times I am considering a non Rubicon model.

If you pay for a Rubicon and change out all the Rubicon bits, you still paid for a lot that you tossed. Plus tax and interest.

If I have decided that I am going to use a Dynatrack axle for example, I can save a bunch of cash by not purchasing the Jeep that had a Dana44 and an e-locker that I'm going to toss.

So other than the Currie and Teraflex, what else is really available that will perform well?

From what I've read, the Currie is designed to be run with the front and rear RJ swaybars. I understand this is softer than factory but that won't kill me. I've driven Jeeps around just fine with no swaybar connected in the front and not found myself dead.

The Teraflex had the manual little hub lookin' doohickey to disconnect. I haven't talked to anyone who's used this product though.

One thing I don't like about the factory Rubicon e-disconnect is the 18 mph limit and that it always attempts to link back up after the ignition has been shut off - annoying. I also don't think I'll be purchasing the factory e-disconnect for whatever I get if I decide to get a non Rubicon model.

Most of my drive time is spent on dirt, mud, and rutted roads, sometimes with rail crossings, so I want something that I can disconnect and not think about or like the Currie, just not worry about.

I don't have a picture on hand of the roads, fields, and mountains but this should give you a little bit of an idea. You're out there and you're driving at more than 18 mph on these roads.

View attachment 147409

Do your choices come down to Currie or Teraflex? Eddie mentioned something else but I was under the impression if was for Rubicon models.

Considering a non Rubicon model can mean considering a non Rubicon sway bar. Maybe you should have named this thread "my Rubicon may get bought back, is it worth buying a Rubicon again?" Like I said, you can sell the Rubicon take off parts. Nobody wants a d30 take off or a factory sway bar and if they did I bet it sells for half what a Rubicon one does. As far as the speed limit of the sway bar it really doesn't matter. It will just blink at you saying its trying to connect but chances are it won't when driving that fast. Even if it does you just press the button again when you slow down. BTW the evo no limits will take care of that because as far as the jeep knows you're still connected.
The g2 air actuated one sounds interesting but I have never heard of it before. The picture of it appears to be at a sema booth or something so it's probably too new.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ok. I still suggest a "take off" Rubicon electronic sway bar with the EVO No limits knob. Yes, you will still have to get out of your Jeep but this way you are completely disconnected vice having a softer sway bar (currie).

While you look for a take off Sway bar, you could run the JKS quick discos. Just zip tie your sway bar while off road.

The G2 air activated sway bar could be cool but it isn't out yet.

JAGS

Hooked
EVO NO LIMITS

EVO NO LIMITS

EVO NO LIMITS

EVO NO LIMITS

EVO NO LIMITS

Doesn't matter what "MODEL" you have. Wholly fuck dude. Read. Read. Read.

Top Bottom