TeraFlex 2.5 BB or 2.5 Lift??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Understand. Thanks. They say this build uses factory shocks so it interested me for that reason. The dual coil shocks seemed different. Was curious if anyone had those.

If it uses factory shocks with shock adapters, it'll probably work but really, I don't see the point in spending that much money for a kit that limits the amount of flex you will have.

Dual rate coils are not the same thing as dual shocks. The later is a gimmicky attempt to give you a lot of flex - something you really don't want if you intend to preserve your factory front drive shaft.

jbaskin28

I bought the TF 2.5" Coil lift about a year ago (I think). I think the photos below show the lift the best. Stock bumpers since and haven't had an issue. I'm running skyjacker nitro shocks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362705202.047926.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362705211.585552.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362705226.419343.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362705242.302979.jpg

JethroJK

So I am going with the TF 2.5 BB. Do I need .5 inch spacers to level out the front? Also I decided to run ATX slabs with 35" Fierce Attitude M/T.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I am going with the TF 2.5 BB. Do I need .5 inch spacers to level out the front? Also I decided to run ATX slabs with 35" Fierce Attitude M/T.

I know it'll be a pain if you have to do the job twice but really, it's always best to just do one thing at a time. Install your lift as is and then, if you still feel the need to add more, you can do it at that time. Doing it this way will save you money and keep you smart about things.

JethroJK

I know it'll be a pain if you have to do the job twice but really, it's always best to just do one thing at a time. Install your lift as is and then, if you still feel the need to add more, you can do it at that time. Doing it this way will save you money and keep you smart about things.

Ok, that makes sense. From what I am understanding from all the questions and reading is that all lifts are a little different in measurements and then considering the weight of various forms of bumpers, etc. , everyone will have a different outcome with the same lift. I appreciate the info.

By the way, do you use dynabeads or something like that to balance the ATX slabs and tires? If not what do you do if anything?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, that makes sense. From what I am understanding from all the questions and reading is that all lifts are a little different in measurements and then considering the weight of various forms of bumpers, etc. , everyone will have a different outcome with the same lift. I appreciate the info.

By the way, do you use dynabeads or something like that to balance the ATX slabs and tires? If not what do you do if anything?

Nope. Ever since I started running Toyo's and Nitto's, I haven't even found the need to balance my tires - they are about the most round tires I have ever run.

JKU EXTREME

I am looking to do the 2.5" coil lift because I hear that a spacer lift isn't great Offroad, plus I would prefer to get new shocks and coils.

Briguy114

You could also look at the Rock Krawler stock mod system. 2.5 inch springs (I believe they are dual rate), adjustable front trackbar and you can upgrade to any one of their kits as you get more funds

bob-o12jk

Banned
You could also look at the Rock Krawler stock mod system. 2.5 inch springs (I believe they are dual rate), adjustable front trackbar and you can upgrade to any one of their kits as you get more funds

X2 on the ROCK KRAWLER kit. The progressive rate springs are way better than tf springs. I originally bought the tf kit and after a few months the front springs sagged and I sold the front springs and got rk ones. Such a much better ride on and offroad, plus I'm running bilsteins for a 4" lift up front and it flexes like crazy

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Briguy114

I may go with the Rock Krawler lift when I have enough money saved up to do tires at the same time. I don't want to lift and have my Jeep look like a roller-skate

bob-o12jk

Banned
I may go with the Rock Krawler lift when I have enough money saved up to do tires at the same time. I don't want to lift and have my Jeep look like a roller-skate

If you don't have flat fenders yet, it won't look bad. I drove mine for a week or so with a 2.5" lift, stock fenders and stock BFG km 32's.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

1366742111968.jpg 1366742142808.jpg here is mine with 2.5 coil lift and stock bfg km's, I chose to buy some rims instead of wheel spacers at the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

i was in the same dilemma
im going with 2.5 lift with springs and shocks + teraflex 1.25 body lift :)

im so close to get them, that i can smell the fedex truck in my drive way lol

all that it will cost me around 1k

i think is a cheap way to get 4 inch lift for cheap

TheDuff

i was in the same dilemma
im going with 2.5 lift with springs and shocks + teraflex 1.25 body lift :)

im so close to get them, that i can smell the fedex truck in my drive way lol

all that it will cost me around 1k

i think is a cheap way to get 4 inch lift for cheap

I'd suggest some better shocks. The tera flex shocks are pretty garbage, ask me how I know:p

Brankz

I'd suggest some better shocks. The tera flex shocks are pretty garbage, ask me how I know:p

How do u know? Lol
Yea I know I will get bilsteins

Branks ...
WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

I'm going to be redoing the lift after I get a winch, regear, ball joints, and c gussets done. This time around I'll be doing: evo plush ride springs, 5160s or ipf's, evo rock star's, extended brake lines, evo drag link flip, a front drive shaft. Then get a full set of arms and track bars to be ready for 37's:)

Here are some things I've had issues with concerning my tf 2.5 coil lift and the reason why I'm gonna start over: no front brake line brackets lead the scary tight lines at full flex and turn, I really thought I was gonna snap a line. I since added brackets, but as I'll get to later, I don't think they are enough. I don't get full droop on the drivers side due to driveshaft contacting cross member, this lead to the boot getting ripped off and the drive shaft has a groove being worn into it and the cross member. Sure I could solve that with a new shaft, but what ever. Front spring sag is really bad. I don't even have a winch yet and only a stubby bumper, yet even with a 1" spacer up front I have front rake. Its annoying. The shocks suck, maybe not as bad as stock non rubi shocks, but they are def a worse ride than my rubi shocks where. The rear brake line drop brackets are not enough. I now have a mangled driver side hard line due to the rear line being stretched enough to pull the bracket enough, which allowed my hard line to bow out just enough that my tire grabbed it at full stuff... So enough is enough:rolleyes: I'll take a picture of it if anyone is curious. So all this and I'm done with this lift, thank god I got a good deal on it second hand from a friend that moved to coilovers. If I had spent $800+ on this I would cry:p

JAGS

Hooked
I'm going to be redoing the lift after I get a winch, regear, ball joints, and c gussets done. This time around I'll be doing: evo plush ride springs, 5160s or ipf's, evo rock star's, extended brake lines, evo drag link flip, a front drive shaft. Then get a full set of arms and track bars to be ready for 37's:)

Here are some things I've had issues with concerning my tf 2.5 coil lift and the reason why I'm gonna start over: no front brake line brackets lead the scary tight lines at full flex and turn, I really thought I was gonna snap a line. I since added brackets, but as I'll get to later, I don't think they are enough. I don't get full droop on the drivers side due to driveshaft contacting cross member, this lead to the boot getting ripped off and the drive shaft has a groove being worn into it and the cross member. Sure I could solve that with a new shaft, but what ever. Front spring sag is really bad. I don't even have a winch yet and only a stubby bumper, yet even with a 1" spacer up front I have front rake. Its annoying. The shocks suck, maybe not as bad as stock non rubi shocks, but they are def a worse ride than my rubi shocks where. The rear brake line drop brackets are not enough. I now have a mangled driver side hard line due to the rear line being stretched enough to pull the bracket enough, which allowed my hard line to bow out just enough that my tire grabbed it at full stuff... So enough is enough:rolleyes: I'll take a picture of it if anyone is curious. So all this and I'm done with this lift, thank god I got a good deal on it second hand from a friend that moved to coilovers. If I had spent $800+ on this I would cry:p

Wonder if any of these issues cross over the Budget Boost? I'm looking for a little bump (el cheapo like) for the time being while I save up for the big stuff. Is it bad to assume I wouldn't have these issues with the stock springs and TF spacers. :thinking:

Top Bottom