TeraFlex Long Arm Bracket Break

LoPo

Caught the Bug
My repaired one broke again/ripped off a couple of weeks ago, this is the replacement bracket TF sent me. OBviously redesigned with more surface area on the frame but likely I'll break it again.

20140623_075129.jpg

Last edited:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I will say when I was yelling at Teraflex last week about this they were quick to blame the installer and this is before I even told them where the bracket broke.

"The bracket was redesigned to account for installer error." I kid you not, I was told that.

JAGS

Hooked
I will say when I was yelling at Teraflex last week about this they were quick to blame the installer and this is before I even told them where the bracket broke.

"The bracket was redesigned to account for installer error." I kid you not, I was told that.

How about, "the bracket was redesigned to not break or fail." If it is so important to be installed a specific way, then they should not sell parts for self install.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
How about, "the bracket was redesigned to not break or fail." If it is so important to be installed a specific way, then they should not sell parts for self install.

because it's easier to blame the installers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

What a surprise. Seems to be their answer to all the parts they make and break. :naw:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
When are you going to give up and install a quality kit?

LOL. That was one of my options, but I've pretty much spent my annual Jeep budget for 2014 already. My plan is to replace with the EVO long arm kit when funds allow. Hopefully these "installer error free brackets" will last until 2015. :daydream:

jkjurny

LOL. That was one of my options, but I've pretty much spent my annual Jeep budget for 2014 already. My plan is to replace with the EVO long arm kit when funds allow. Hopefully these "installer error free brackets" will last until 2015. :daydream:

Luckily, I haven't broken, but probably cause I haven't wheeled them that hard. Hopefully, mine will last until I too can afford to go to EVO Long Arms.

sean.m.adams33

My repaired one broke again/ripped off a couple of weeks ago, this is the replacement bracket TF sent me. OBviously redesigned with more surface area on the frame but likely I'll break it again.

View attachment 88929

If it's one thing I learned from my last rig, it's don't put teraflex parts on it. That long arm kit was very annoying and does not perform as well as advertised. I will be going evo high clearance as well. Good luck with the new brackets. I hope it works out!!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
If it's one thing I learned from my last rig, it's don't put teraflex parts on it. That long arm kit was very annoying and does not perform as well as advertised. I will be going evo high clearance as well. Good luck with the new brackets. I hope it works out!!

I've been running the kit for over 5 years now. It's done it's time.

Nicodemus

New ones are in and on the Jeep. Just need to trailer it to a local shop and have them fully burn it into the frame. These should hold up much better with the reinforcement and the full weld. Well, probably not full weld bc it's pretty tight between the tub and the bracket. Wasn't too bad of a job either on the garage floor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1404078485830.jpg
    1404078485830.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 222

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'll add to the absolutely normal crowd. I went through multiple sets on my teraflex longarms. Along with a set of broken rear frame brackets and cracking front frame side brackets.

Top Bottom