TeraFlex Long Arm Bracket Break

GCM 2

I get the feeling that you read the forums a bunch, Then repeat what you have read. You sound like you have knowledge but you really don't.

Am I close ?

I smell a fanboy

I smell a metallurgist. Something about bolt on is stronger than welded on? Is that ringing a bell to anyone? :idontknow: I maybe crazy today because I have been reading a bunch of crap on the internets.

Edit; I cannot find the Prime8 converstation where he stated bolt on was better. The previous post is almost verbatime I think.

Funny, of all the long arm kits that are out there, nobody else seems to have this problem. But of course, when in doubt, TeraFlex will always BLAME the customer. Sure, they'll still help you out but the failure will still be the customers fault. just sayin.

It's pointless, you can't lead the blind, who are also deaf and dumb. And yes, it's almost like a do-over of a Prime8 thread. As Chris points out, his post do wreak of internet rhetoric and the magic of forum knowledge. My only hope, as always, is that one of these guys would make a visit out to Johnson Valley during the first week of February view us in the pits and on the race course (maybe even help out) and then stay until Saturday the 7th so we can take them on a "fun run" after we have already raced on the two previous days.

I wonder how many other brands of lifts these true believers have run, actually, honestly run. There is reason why I am an EVO fanboy (with cookie cutter jeep), because I was tired of arguing over replacement of warranted parts with mfg's like Teraflex and AEV

ttfhell

It's pointless, you can't lead the blind, who are also deaf and dumb. And yes, it's almost like a do-over of a Prime8 thread. As Chris points out, his post do wreak of internet rhetoric and the magic of forum knowledge. My only hope, as always, is that one of these guys would make a visit out to Johnson Valley during the first week of February view us in the pits and on the race course (maybe even help out) and then stay until Saturday the 7th so we can take them on a "fun run" after we have already raced on the two previous days. I wonder how many other brands of lifts these true believers have run, actually, honestly run. There is reason why I am an EVO fanboy (with cookie cutter jeep), because I was tired of arguing over replacement of warranted parts with mfg's like Teraflex and AEV
Sign me up for the Cookie Cutter Run. I can give these guys a ride home after.

SoK66

Self-Banned
I get the feeling that you read the forums a bunch, Then repeat what you have read. You sound like you have knowledge but you really don't.

Am I close ?

You just like to insult people. I'm a former ASE Master Tech, retired auto industry exec (Ford Motor), consulting firm CEO, decades long Jeeper, current 4x4 club President, etc. I'll be sure to tell my corporate contacts about my experiences here on Wayalife, I'm sure they'll be interested in sponsoring you.

SoK66

Self-Banned
Evo made a bolt on kit for the home installer that does not have the ability or money to have it welded on. Call them, they will tell you to weld it on over bolt on any day of the week.

If you read my post insred of pre-loading your wise crack responses you'd see I agree with Mel. I'm just saying the mfrs are going bolt-n to eliminate the install variability of installer welding skills.

SoK66

Self-Banned
:cheesy:

In all fairness, looking at the pics, there doesn't seem to be as many welds as there should be and a good part of this could be install error. BUT, this wouldn't be the first time that I've seen that to be the case and it makes me question the instructions that are provided with the kit. Looking at their tire carrier instructions, there is or at least wasn't ANY information regarding what back spacing you needed to have in order to carry a spare safely and to this day, I still think that is the biggest reason why we've been seeing breaks with them.

There are virtually NO welds on that bracket other than at the very front. Frame wasn't even prepped. Instructions CLEARLY state it is to be welded the entire perimeter. Dennis did an excellent video on the install as well. That guy's lucky that was the only thing that happened.

GCM 2

You just like to insult people. I'm a former ASE Master Tech, retired auto industry exec (Ford Motor), consulting firm CEO, decades long Jeeper, current 4x4 club President, etc. I'll be sure to tell my corporate contacts about my experiences here on Wayalife, I'm sure they'll be interested in sponsoring you.

So in real world, layman's terms you were: a mechanic, a car salesman, you had/have an LLC, you have driven off road, and you decided where a group of off road vehicles would go driving. Church it up all you want, you really aren't that savvy with building up jeeps with the advice you have been giving out. Nothing shows the true lack of access and placement than that of dropping names and threats of important people. I feel sad that someone of your age is pretending to be someone special.

SoK66

Self-Banned
So in real world, layman's terms you were: a mechanic, a car salesman, you had/have an LLC, you have driven off road, and you decided where a group of off road vehicles would go driving. Church it up all you want, you really aren't that savvy with building up jeeps with the advice you have been giving out. Nothing shows the true lack of access and placement than that of dropping names and threats of important people. I feel sad that someone of your age is pretending to be someone special.

Actually, I was service operations director for a Ford division. And I'll match knowledgebase with you any time you'd like.

We'll let you kiddies prattle on with your vendor bashing, at some point you'll likely hear from their attorneys. Stay classy, kids!

jmatta33

Actually, I was service operations director for a Ford division. And I'll match knowledgebase with you any time you'd like.

We'll let you kiddies prattle on with your vendor bashing, at some point you'll likely hear from their attorneys. Stay classy, kids!

dropping insults and attempting to be condescending while threatening to leverage "connections" to pull sponsors for a forum in order to reduce said forums revenue... well sir that just wreaks of class!!! If you were really "classy" and you really have the "connections" you say you have then you wouldnt have to talk about it on a forum with a bunch of "kiddies".

RLTW!!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
If you read my post insred of pre-loading your wise crack responses you'd see I agree with Mel. I'm just saying the mfrs are going bolt-n to eliminate the install variability of installer welding skills.

I'm telling you they did not go to a bolt on kit to eliminate installer errors.

I know this because I was once a member of a jeep club.

JAGS

Hooked

So, you now admit to coming here with an agenda of "matching knowledge bases." You've been called out on it and as a result no one cares or respects your input. You've also been condescending from the jump and most of the folks here have more trail time and garage time than you can ever imagine.

And why do you continue to say "we" and "we'll" as if you are speaking on behalf of a group. Last time I checked, people are able to share and discuss experiences, real experiences that actually happened. Have your clients/friends take a page from the folks over at PSC. These are not photoshopped images and PSC used values and better business judgement.

Lawyers have no grounds and the jeep now has precedence thanks to PSC. But I'm sure they'd be willing to take your money to prove that.

Good day to you you out of touch old man. 👍

- Jason

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You just like to insult people. I'm a former ASE Master Tech, retired auto industry exec (Ford Motor), consulting firm CEO, decades long Jeeper, current 4x4 club President, etc.

:yawn37: I'm a nobody who runs a forum, have no experience with anything let alone Jeep related, currently is the scorn of TeraFlex fanboys and threatened by self-important balding guys.

I'll be sure to tell my corporate contacts about my experiences here on Wayalife, I'm sure they'll be interested in sponsoring you.

:eek: Say it isn't so!! The world will surely come to an end without the financial help of your "corporate contacts"!! :cheesy:

:cheesy: But, but, he's a TeraFlex fanboy - they are the savviest of savvy when it comes to building up Jeeps!! I mean, anytime they hear anyone say anything less than stellar about their beloved products on the internet, they have to defend it with every ounce of who they are.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are virtually NO welds on that bracket other than at the very front. Frame wasn't even prepped. Instructions CLEARLY state it is to be welded the entire perimeter.

Hey hotshot mechanic, a car salesman, LLC owner, off road driver and group destination decider, I was there when the OP's break occurred and if you ask him, he would tell you that I told him his installer blew the install. Since you seemed to have missed it more than once, my hope was that Highoctane would have chimed in as he's gone through a few failures and he DID install it correctly. Unfortunately, he is currently overseas and doesn't obsess over things said on the internet like you. Of course, you don't need to take my word for it, give Mel at Off Road Evolution a call and ask him how many breaks has he seen over the years. And, if TeraFlex were really a stand up honest company, they would tell you the truth too - albeit they would say all the breaks were install error.

Dennis did an excellent video on the install as well.

Didn't know the video was required reading material in order to install their long arm kit. It's a good thing they include a copy of it in the box.... oh, that's right, they don't. Stupid installers :naw:

That guy's lucky that was the only thing that happened.

Not really, he still had 3 other control arms. But, when it comes to their tire carrier and front track bar, TeraFlex is just lucky nobody has gotten killed yet. Of course, they would just say it's the installers fault so I'm sure their conscious is clean. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I'm still waiting for your extensive knowledge base to show me where I can find the well documented post I made regarding an amazing Synergy drag link break I supposedly had on Double Whammy. I mean, what kind of reputable hotshot mechanic, car salesman, LLC owner, off road driver and group destination decider would make up a lame ass story like that up and even declare that they had actually witnessed it? Oh yeah, your knowledge base is sound and rooted in facts. Everyone should embrace it like the holy grail. :cheesy:

We'll let you kiddies prattle on with your vendor bashing...

Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean any vendor is getting bashed and really, even if they were, why fanboys like you would get so personally butthurt for them is beyond me.

...at some point you'll likely hear from their attorneys.

Yeah, I'm quaking in my boots. :yawn37: You should just hope your beloved TeraFlex doesn't hear from an attorney of family who got really hurt or worse due to a tire carrier breaking off or front track bar break. Oh, that's right, they'd have no case because it'd be the installers fault that it failed. :naw:

...Stay classy, kids!

You bet! When I grow up, I just hope I can be as cool as you :crazy eyes:

attachment.php

Sharkey

Word Ninja

That's right...there is a Holiday Inn in Durango. I almost forgot.

SoK66 said:

Lawyers? Cool! Have them post up. I'd love to talk to them.

Top Bottom