TeraFlex Long Arm Bracket Break

jkjurny

Hey Jerry McGeorge, if you're going to change your email address, you need to click on the link you would have received in order to approve your account. That is of course, unless you were just looking for a way to fabricate another good story about you being banned. Either way, I manually approved your account so please, continue enlightening us with your vast knowledge base. :)

Wow! That is just hysterical!

JAGS

Hooked
Fan boy.... :cheesy:

Loading please wait....

Ha ha. Well 😇. Fair enough and I'll cop to it. A few automotive companies contributed a lot to my and my wife's families. Not so much anymore, but I grew up around Ford.

Tigrcky

Ha ha. Well 😇. Fair enough and I'll cop to it. A few automotive companies contributed a lot to my and my wife's families. Not so much anymore, but I grew up around Ford.

Well Henry started a good company but it went downhill... They are the makers of Dennis wood lmao :cheesy:

Sent from my whatchamacallit

LoPo

Caught the Bug
You mean to tell me that TeraFlex actually provide piss poor instructions? What about the detailed video Dennis made, didn't that come with your kit?You clearly didn't follow either and you are to blame for your break.

But the guys at off road evolution are pros and lay down some of the best welds bar none and according to Jerry McGeorge, that's all you would have needed to prevent another break.

Well, as Dennis likes to say, Teraflex will take care of you even if the break is your fault - LOL!!

Dude... I don't recall if I posted this up or not... the past year has been a blur.. but when I called them about this-BEFORE I PROVIDED DETAILS-I was told it was the installer's fault. BEFORE I SAID WHAT EXACTLY BROKE. BEFORE. Yes, BEFORE. No joke. Granted they were helpful in sending me the 'redesigned' bracket for free, I give them that... but I shouldn't have to have called them as much as I've had to in the past 2 years.

EDIT: Yeah I sort of did here in this thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Bracket-Break&p=329909&viewfull=1#post329909

I will say when I was yelling at Teraflex last week about this they were quick to blame the installer and this is before I even told them where the bracket broke.

"The bracket was redesigned to account for installer error." I kid you not, I was told that.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dude... I don't recall if I posted this up or not... the past year has been a blur.. but when I called them about this-BEFORE I PROVIDED DETAILS-I was told it was the installer's fault. BEFORE I SAID WHAT EXACTLY BROKE. BEFORE. Yes, BEFORE. No joke. Granted they were helpful in sending me the 'redesigned' bracket for free, I give them that... but I shouldn't have to have called them as much as I've had to in the past 2 years.

EDIT: Yeah I sort of did here in this thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...-Bracket-Break&p=329909&viewfull=1#post329909

What a joke and honestly, more than anything, that is what really just blows me away. I mean, it's one thing to like your TeraFlex products but you really have to be a real fanboy to defend them in spite of the fact that they will BLAME you for any break you might have on one of their products.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I still cannot believe people are arguing about these failures. I broke one of these brackets. The bracket failed before the welds did. I could care less if they replaced it, it still had to limp it off the trail and trailer it home. Same as when my Monster(not so monster) track bar broke the 1st time. yes I broke more than one teraflex monster front track bar. After the 1st I always carried a spare stocker. Looking back I should have just kept the stock bar one with a bracket to correct the geometry and center the axle. Now we have these tire carrier failures. I won't even mention anymore than this sentence about their sway bar link bushings or control arm joints.

People on that other forum call wayalife members sheeple. Forum wars aside, anyone who is blind to the obvious trend of failures of these parts from Terfalex and still persists that they have no quality issues or problems with their parts are the true sheeple. It's one thing to be labeled a fan boy of a company that builds top quality parts, its another to be a fan boy of a company that produces sub standard parts that have little to no testing prior to being released. :twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
People on that other forum call wayalife members sheeple. Forum wars aside, anyone who is blind to the obvious trend of failures of these parts from Terfalex and still persists that they have no quality issues or problems with their parts are the true sheeple. It's one thing to be labeled a fan boy of a company that builds top quality parts, its another to be a fan boy of a company that produces sub standard parts that have little to no testing prior to being released. :twocents:

amen brother!

JAGS

Hooked

amen brother!

X2 :thumb:

Terabreak is all these folks can afford.....so it HAS to be the best, right? :crazyeyes:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Terabreak is all these folks can afford.....so it HAS to be the best, right? :crazyeyes:

Sad thing is, it's the same price as the American made competitors. They just have a great sales team/warranty department

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I still cannot believe people are arguing about these failures. I broke one of these brackets. The bracket failed before the welds did. I could care less if they replaced it, it still had to limp it off the trail and trailer it home. Same as when my Monster(not so monster) track bar broke the 1st time. yes I broke more than one teraflex monster front track bar. After the 1st I always carried a spare stocker. Looking back I should have just kept the stock bar one with a bracket to correct the geometry and center the axle. Now we have these tire carrier failures. I won't even mention anymore than this sentence about their sway bar link bushings or control arm joints.

LOL!! I was hoping you would chime in being that you have actual first hand experience with the TeraFlex long arm kit.

First off, there is no "forum war" going on - just a bunch of losers who've declared some kind of jihad against us and troll this forum every chance they get. Second, I couldn't agree more - it's one thing to be a fanboy of a quality product but, it's another to be such a fanboy that you will defend a company like TeraFlex even though they will BLAME you if you break one of their parts. :crazyeyes:

That and Rough Country. ;-)

All kidding aside, I've seen these break on the trail as well and bottom line is the parts are failing. I'm not too sure how that is defensible.

NAUJK

That and Rough Country. ;-)

All kidding aside, I've seen these break on the trail as well and bottom line is the parts are failing. I'm not too sure how that is defensible.

I'm running rough country sway bar links for $50 they work very very well compared to the $130 terabreak ones that the bushing and the pin didn't even fit together and had to be ground down...

Really? What broke just curious? I lose the pull pins all the time but nothing ace hardware cant fix.

Good luck getting a reply out of him. He's one of those special ones that likes to do drive by's then ignores the responses he gets. First class, that one.

Really? What broke just curious? I lose the pull pins all the time but nothing ace hardware cant fix.

The mounting bolts and the pins.

Likely because I don't always disconnect when wheeling. It was really weird the first time I had it happen because I didn't know what it was that broke but felt it when it went.

Wow, really?

I just don't spend a lot of time on here.

I guess you're one of the "special" ones I was warned about!

You're on here enough that you've had words with more than one person in the last couple weeks. You make stupid ass comments then disappear to a different thread to do the same thing. And you, Sir, are one of those we DID NOT have to be warned about, we know all about Trolls.

Top Bottom