TeraFlex Long Arm Bracket Break

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Oh for fuck sake! Would you two knock it off! Youre both going against what this site is meant to be. Who gives a rats ass about this conversation anymore. Its a lose lose battle and up to who gets the last say. Just stop! Its done...

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Rock-itman

I think its called RESPECT , if someone has an opinion ,so be it . No need to always know more and be the king of the forum . Who gives a rats ass anyway . Im here for the great tech support & a majority of great jeeping peeps . We all live and learn , im one of the elders here and been wheelin since 16 does that make me more informed or a know it all . Dont think so . I will always listen to advice or reasoning , but dont shove it down my throat either . UUUUGGGGHHHH . This whole thing has ranted long enough . I personally think this would be a good thread to terminate . So lets all get along , like adults are suppposed too . HAHAHAHHAA my little rant is over now ,thanx :icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh for fuck sake! Would you two knock it off! Youre both going against what this site is meant to be. Who gives a rats ass about this conversation anymore. Its a lose lose battle and up to who gets the last say. Just stop! Its done...

Paratroopers stay up longer!

I am sorry if you are offended by the direction this thread had taken. I really do hope you don't misunderstand me here but, if you don't like what you're hearing, you don't have to read it. It's kind of like if you don't like what's on TV, you can always change the channel.

I think its called RESPECT , if someone has an opinion ,so be it . No need to always know more and be the king of the forum . Who gives a rats ass anyway . Im here for the great tech support & a majority of great jeeping peeps . We all live and learn , im one of the elders here and been wheelin since 16 does that make me more informed or a know it all . Dont think so . I will always listen to advice or reasoning , but dont shove it down my throat either . UUUUGGGGHHHH . This whole thing has ranted long enough . I personally think this would be a good thread to terminate . So lets all get along , like adults are suppposed too . HAHAHAHHAA my little rant is over now ,thanx :icon_crazy:

You're right, it is called RESPECT and in spite of what you seem to think, people have been expressing their opinions just like you have right now. If you really don't give a rats ass, you can choose to be an adult and refuse to read this thread instead of shoving your self-righteous opinion down our throats. I hope you don't take that the wrong way as I was mearly trying to put some perspective on what you were saying.

Peace my friend :yup:

Rock-itman

I am sorry if you are offended by the direction this thread had taken. I really do hope you don't misunderstand me here but, if you don't like what you're hearing, you don't have to read it. It's kind of like if you don't like what's on TV, you can always change the channel.

You're right, it is called RESPECT and in spite of what you seem to think, people have been expressing their opinions just like you have right now. If you really don't give a rats ass, you can choose to be an adult and refuse to read this thread instead of shoving your self-righteous opinion down our throats. I hope you don't take that the wrong way as I was mearly trying to put some perspective on what you were saying.

Peace my friend :yup:

I actually enjoy this forum alot , if i didnt i wouldnt read it . I dont take what anyone says the wrong way , its still the internet . Im glad we as a commmunity can and do express our opinions , as we all have differences ,but thats understandable w/ diff walks of life . SRY about the (RATS ASS) comment , that was me expressing my opinion . I do appologize if i offended anyone . Peace to you also EDDIE , i can only imagine the amount of effort you actually put into this forum and do appreciate it . Thanx again DANA

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually enjoy this forum alot , if i didnt i wouldnt read it . I dont take what anyone says the wrong way , its still the internet . Im glad we as a commmunity can and do express our opinions , as we all have differences ,but thats understandable w/ diff walks of life . SRY about the (RATS ASS) comment , that was me expressing my opinion . I do appologize if i offended anyone . Peace to you also EDDIE , i can only imagine the amount of effort you actually put into this forum and do appreciate it . Thanx again DANA

LOL!! It's all good and I'm not offended in the least. As you have said, this is just the interent. For whatever it's worth, I did try to start this thread as a tech post with the hopes of alerting people to a very real problem that I have seen with this kit time and time again. In spite of what some would suggest, it's simply not something I can make up or would even have a need to. Being that this break occured recently and that there was very little to no information about it here, I felt that it was something people who own this kit might want to know about. But of course, that's just my opinion.

I hope you have a great weekend :cool:

rcdude3

Lol im in the process of installing this kit now! :D I do not plan to run coil overs any time soon or in the near future, so Im sure I will be fine. :thumb:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Lol im in the process of installing this kit now! :D I do not plan to run coil overs any time soon or in the near future, so Im sure I will be fine. :thumb:

It really comes down to how often you wheel it. Mine broke the rear bracket on the passenger side, and started to crack on both front upper arm mounts. Also, my frameside lower arm bushings were shot and actually pulling out of the arm from the deflection applied to the bushing during flex. All that with the Teraflex 3" LCG longarm system. Teraflex 3" springs and Teraflex 9550 shocks that came with the kit. No coilovers. Happened with less than 20k miles on the kit.

rcdude3

Mine broke the rear bracket on the passenger side, and started to crack on both front upper arm mounts.

Huh. Did you have welds all over it? I welded the bracket every where it touches the frame. Ill start the rear this coming weekend.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Huh. Did you have welds all over it? I welded the bracket every where it touches the frame. Ill start the rear this coming weekend.

Yes mine was welded around the entire perimeter of the front brackets. It wasn't cracking at the welds, it was cracking where the control arm connects to the bracket.

noroad

I am actually getting to the point where im suprized that they have not been suited for hurting someone yet!!

Eddie, have you or anyone else heard anything of their "updated" brackets having issues yet? I'm going to be installing a set in a few weeks when I do my axle swap, however I'm also replacing the Cleavite joints with J-Joints to help relieve some of the stress.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, have you or anyone else heard anything of their "updated" brackets having issues yet? I'm going to be installing a set in a few weeks when I do my axle swap, however I'm also replacing the Cleavite joints with J-Joints to help relieve some of the stress.

Unfortunately, yes. However, not as many. Changing out to Johnny Joints will help prevent blowing out your TeraFlex bushings but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference on your brackets. The clevite bushings are very soft and quite forgiving.

Nicodemus

Not to bring up an old thread, but this incident is not a one time incident. I wish I would have seen this thread first but I had the exact same mount break on me in the exact same spot.

If you're running an older TeraFlex long arm lift, keep an eye on your brackets! One broke in half (which ended up breaking the weld) and the other bracket is already cracked in half. TeraFlex is sending me new much beefier ones and additional gussets for the rear bc there have been problems with those too.

Oh and weld all the way around the bracket, not just the front. 1403242483724.jpg 1403242498467.jpg 1403242517500.jpg 1403242533316.jpg

jkjurny

Not to bring up an old thread, but this incident is not a one time incident. I wish I would have seen this thread first but I had the exact same mount break on me in the exact same spot.

If you're running an older TeraFlex long arm lift, keep an eye on your brackets! One broke in half (which ended up breaking the weld) and the other bracket is already cracked in half. TeraFlex is sending me new much beefier ones and additional gussets for the rear bc there have been problems with those too.

Oh and weld all the way around the bracket, not just the front. View attachment 88220 View attachment 88221 View attachment 88222 View attachment 88223

What constitutes "old"? I had my long arm
Kit installed and the kit shipped from Teraflex January 2013.

Rusty

This happened to one of my riding pals this winter... forgot to post it up.. the thread re-surfacing reminded me.

1518620_575785425841089_913158414_o.jpg

Top Bottom