Teraflex rear tire carrier

JAGS

Hooked
x2 on what Ddays said

EVO, Or-Fab, GenRight, AEV just to name a few.

To be fair, those are at a whole different level. There was another thread not that long ago that discuss another 4-5 options that are one handle open. Same $$$ or less than Terabreak.

Hansen, crawler concepts, maxxus? And a couple other. Anybody else recall.

OP, do your homework and go with one of these.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Seriously...whats up with the hate?...There are lots of cool well made rear tire carriers and the Teraflex is one of them. Plenty of Jeeps run them around me with no know issues I've seen.

When a company guarantees their product won't break, then it does & they blame the customer it's easy to get a bad reputation. You're right, I'm sure plenty don't break. But there are tons of smaller companies that actually do stand behind their products which are also made by hand in the USA that we'd all recommend before hand. I'm looking at an Ace Engineering myself right now now that they have a fastback that goes with a trektop.

JAGS

Hooked
Thought it was a cool system for what it was im still learning im only 18 but thanks for all of the input guys I will probably go with the evo!

Learning is cool and don't take what we post too personal. There are other affordable options that you will be happy with without breaking the bank. See my previous post for just a few. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously...whats up with the hate?...There are lots of cool well made rear tire carriers and the Teraflex is one of them.

Just because you're a fanboy who doesn't like what you're hearing about a product you chose to buy and has been PROVEN to break doesn't mean anyone is hating on anything.

Plenty of Jeeps run them around me with no know issues I've seen.

It'll only take one to be a real big issue. Please do everyone a favor and keep an eye on yours... just in case.

OJK12

I would trust the Smittybilt version of that tire carrier over the Teracrap one!! I go out of my way to not buy anything with their name on it.

nickram

:( I just put a teraflex lift on my jeep hopefully I don't have any issues dang I wish I would have done more research on the company itself cause all the reviews for their lift kits seemed decent to me! But yea im gonna go with the orfab one most likely it looks pretty badass for the price!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:( I just put a teraflex lift on my jeep hopefully I don't have any issues dang I wish I would have done more research on the company itself cause all the reviews for their lift kits seemed decent to me! But yea im gonna go with the orfab one most likely it looks pretty badass for the price!

Clearly you didn't read any reviews on TeraFlex here. I've been doing the Jeep thing for a really long time and I kid you not, there has never been a company that I have seen to have more breaks on more of their products than TeraFlex. From track bars to tire carriers to long arm bracket and even rocker guards and every single time, guys like Dennis will say that it's install error. That being said, I wonder who Dennis blames when the break happens on his own Jeep.

attachment.php

attachment.php

nickram

Well luckily i just got the spring and shock lift from them not their long arm kit so it should last me for when I go to college next year untill I get a job and can afford some of that evo greatness:)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well luckily i just got the spring and shock lift from them not their long arm kit so it should last me for when I go to college next year untill I get a job and can afford some of that evo greatness:)

I've run a few of their coils and shocks and while they are on the stiff side, they shouldn't give you any grief. Hell, ride quality is 100% subjective and I'm sure some guys like it stiff. As far as EVO goes, their coils are soft and comfortable but they will sag if you carry a lot of gear.

nickram

I've run a few of their coils and shocks and while they are on the stiff side, they shouldn't give you any grief. Hell, ride quality is 100% subjective and I'm sure some guys like it stiff. As far as EVO goes, their coils are soft and comfortable but they will sag if you carry a lot of gear.

Ok sweet! Thanks for tha input helped a lot

Top Bottom