TEXAS: Meet ups/crawling/adventures

13gecko

I am going to be in Austin March 31st to April 4th for a tech conference. Was hopping to spend some time on a few trails. I'm a greenhorn with a stock JKUR. Doing a little research, I found three potential locations of which Hidden Falls was one. The other two where Long Ranch Off Road Vehicle Park and Trees Ranch Offroad Park.

Hidden Falls looks to be open on Thursday to Sunday. I am willing to drive up for a chance to wheel March 30th or 31st, or stay late to wheel on April 5th. Anyone willing to deal with a greenhorn with a stock JKUR?

:blush::blush::blush:

Of course brother, we all had to start somewhere. I'll be there on April 5th.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I am going to be in Austin March 31st to April 4th for a tech conference. Was hopping to spend some time on a few trails. I'm a greenhorn with a stock JKUR. Doing a little research, I found three potential locations of which Hidden Falls was one. The other two where Long Ranch Off Road Vehicle Park and Trees Ranch Offroad Park.

Hidden Falls looks to be open on Thursday to Sunday. I am willing to drive up for a chance to wheel March 30th or 31st, or stay late to wheel on April 5th. Anyone willing to deal with a greenhorn with a stock JKUR?

Lol you'll be just fine man, I took a '12 stock Jeep patriot through Hidden Falls once. Beat the living shit out of it, but I survived (without dents surprisingly) so a stock JKUR will do perfectly fine. And it's a good place to learn how to wheel at because most obstacles have bypasses ;)

anviljk

Can't decide to go on the 5th or not only available for 3 or 4 hours then I would have to go home load the jeep and make the long drive to Moab

13gecko

Should I add y'all to the list of going April 5th?

EDIT: Chuckt26 as well?

Angry Aussie

Stock rigs are fine just know you will get a few scratches! No way to avoid it other than staying on the park road and that gets old quick.

brizon85

Hey guys just saw this thread today! I'm pretty new to the offroad scene and really want to hang with y'all soon. Keep posting up times and eventually I will find a time to get with y'all. Also do you guys use cbs?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Me if I'm not already. I'll have 2 guests more than likely in their own Jeeps. They know the trails like the back of their hands haha

2012CrushJKU

So am I reading this correctly? April 5th is the next run to hidden falls? If so you can update me to going.

Also anyone planning on going down next weekend for the W.E. Rock event?

anviljk

There is a group going on march 22 and April 5. Not sure about w.e. rock trying to talk the wife into it.

eddy

Would be cool, but getting prepped up for EJS. Hope to get down there this summer. :thankyou:

Top Bottom