The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

dillard09

I'm here and down! Grant said he is ready too. Geoff? We do have 5 old km2s, 1 old bfg krawler, 5 Jack stands, and 2 floor jacks. I also have a wall in the front yard. We can figure something out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
danget! everything is back together right now :doh: hopefully my two other shop friends will be up for this today.

With sway bar links off, you may be able to pull the coils really quickly, sometimes you have to loosen the bottom track bar bolt though.

JeepJeep75

Should be able to do as WJCO said and unbolt track bar, sway links, shocks, and drop the coils out. Then with everything re-bolted stuff the axle with the floor jacks and see what hits what.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
NABOO got a shinny new drive shaft yesterday and some diff service. We also attempted to do a garage flex but didn't go very well since we maxed out the floor jacks, but it looks cool though right?. Silly me forgot the keys at home so we did not take him for a test drive:(

IMG_7977.jpg
IMG_7984.jpg
IMG_7989.jpg
IMG_7990.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
last night we accomplished a lot of the little things we had left.

-straightened steering wheel
-lengthened the passenger side control arm. (it was short about 1/8") however this didn't fix my bowed spring problem
-installed driveshaft
-put my stock plastic A pillar cover back in now that i have the switch pro
-cleaned out the diffs and filled up with gear oil. (my hands still smell from this today)
- nervous i put too much oil in the rear 60. almost put 4 quarts total.
-worked on template for tire carrier
-did a super awesome flex text that showed us very little since we maxed out the lifts and couldn't push it

on the dont forget list: not forget keys so i can take him for a test drive!

still to do list: relocate rear brake lines. this is on the schedule for Saturday.

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I will never forget that smell after changing the oil in my rear diff.

it has its own brand thats for sure!

Mmmmm....... stink fingers........[emoji3]

:eek:

I still smell it in my garage that's for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

just open up the garage. it will air right out.........................?:idontknow:

but thats for letting NABOO sleep in your garage. best nights of rest he has had since his eyes where stolen!

Top Bottom