The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

fiend

Caught the Bug
On mine the hose that exits the gear box port closest to the fire wall goes to the passenger side port on the ram.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i have been looking on line and found mixed reviews about power steering fluid. says to us ATF+4, which is a transmission fluid, isn't it? or is there also a ATF+4 for power steering? i have also read that its fine to mix power steering fluid with the off the shelf power steering, but then i have read you shouldn't.

any help here on what power steering you guys recommend i put in my resolver when installing my hydro. please keep in mind this is not the full PSC system. i had a stock steering box rebuild and ported for hydro steering, so i will be reusing the stock receiver and pump.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i have been looking on line and found mixed reviews about power steering fluid. says to us ATF+4, which is a transmission fluid, isn't it? or is there also a ATF+4 for power steering? i have also read that its fine to mix power steering fluid with the off the shelf power steering, but then i have read you shouldn't.

any help here on what power steering you guys recommend i put in my resolver when installing my hydro. please keep in mind this is not the full PSC system. i had a stock steering box rebuild and ported for hydro steering, so i will be reusing the stock receiver and pump.

This is what I picked up. Will it work?
Image1505066603.316706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I don't know exactly what fluid you should use, however years ago, many systems allowed for ATF in the power steering system which is why you're finding info like that. I would just go with whatever PSC recommends. I would not use ATF in a system that states "use only approved power steering fluid."

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I don't know exactly what fluid you should use, however years ago, many systems allowed for ATF in the power steering system which is why you're finding info like that. I would just go with whatever PSC recommends. I would not use ATF in a system that states "use only approved power steering fluid."

The only think PSC about this is the ram. The box is stock it's just ported for hydraulics.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Well today did not go as planned.... only got the driver side bushing out and replaced. The passenger has some voodoo shit on it and would not budge!!:( because if this I also didn't get my hydro installed either..:(

At this point today I am very frustrated and may pay a shop to take care of it for me... and since im leaning toward that I might also get the Currie replacement bushing rather than the factory rubber ones.

But for your entertainment. Here are a few from today
IMG_9495.jpg
IMG_9496.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Also those fortunate enough with a garage are lucky. And those with a driveway are also fortunate. Never actually posted where I do most my work.

Here is my little nook I have to do jeep stuff......
IMG_9493.jpg
IMG_9494.jpg

NABOO doesn't even fit all the way in so I have to do the front and then the rear if needed.

Jeepjeep75 knows how tight this space is..

JKbrick

Also those fortunate enough with a garage are lucky. And those with a driveway are also fortunate. Never actually posted where I do most my work.

View attachment 275815
View attachment 275816

NABOO doesn't even fit all the way in so I have to do the front and then the rear if needed.

Nothing wrong with a little nook every now and then

Journeyman

View attachment 275815
View attachment 275816

Oh man I feel ya Mike.
I was dumb enough to buy a house with lots a space but for some fucked up reason the previous owner/builder decided to not build a garage or shop. So all my work is done in the driveway, which has a bit of slope to it. I can't tell you how many times I've had chase parts/tools rolling down the driveway [emoji30]
A shop is definitely in my future plans! I just have to stop upgrading my jeep [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]
Hope the install improves for you!

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

View attachment 275815
View attachment 275816

I know the feeling. Can't wait till I have a garage. I'm usually an asshole and double park so no one pulls in next to me while I'm working on the jeep.

IMG_3481.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Nothing wrong with a little nook every now and then

it could be worse.

Oh man I feel ya Mike.
I was dumb enough to buy a house with lots a space but for some fucked up reason the previous owner/builder decided to not build a garage or shop. So all my work is done in the driveway, which has a bit of slope to it. I can't tell you how many times I've had chase parts/tools rolling down the driveway [emoji30]
A shop is definitely in my future plans! I just have to stop upgrading my jeep [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]
Hope the install improves for you!

well at least you have a house!:) but who builds a house without a garage. so that part does suck! also i have a flat surface but still have to chase bolts and sockets around. haha.

I know the feeling. Can't wait till I have a garage. I'm usually an asshole and double park so no one pulls in next to me while I'm working on the jeep.

View attachment 275829

hopefully the neighbors understand the addiction? by the way. your rear corner armor looks very nice!!:rock:

Awe man! That sucks you couldn't finish that Mike. I hope you get something figured out. Sorry I couldn't help.

its alright dude. i really appreciate you letting me borrow your baby! aside from some major heat, im not sure we would have gotten it out either.. but you can still help me with my hydrolic steering. now when did you say you were going to be free for a weekend again? :thinking::yup:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I'm not sure if I have bump steer, DW still, or just being paranoid/dumb. but I have been reading and watching videos on all of it. And from this photo it eliminates the bump steer possibility.

IMG_9517.JPG

I haven't gotten DW since I got everything corrected, so that eliminated. Guess I'm just paranoid and am having flash backs of what DW is like when I feel any shimmy what so ever in the steering.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So I'm not sure if I have bump steer, DW still, or just being paranoid/dumb. but I have been reading and watching videos on all of it. And from this photo it eliminates the bump steer possibility.

View attachment 276083

I haven't gotten DW since I got everything corrected, so that eliminated. Guess I'm just paranoid and am having flash backs of what DW is like when I feel any shimmy what so ever in the steering.

I'm in the same boat. Had my steering dialed in. And now it feels off. Probably my bent tie rod.. alignment is good. It never ends.

WJCO

Meme King

View attachment 276083

Those angles are perfect. I'm the same way, after dw, very attentive to every pebble in the road. Something I have learned though, after every trail, a bolt retorque makes a tangible difference that you will notice, especially regarding track bar bolts. When I feel the slightest shimmy, I do a retorque and notice a difference every time.

JeepJeep75

Naboo is looking good Mike. We need to plan another outing soon. Now that the weather is a bit cooler we should think about going to play in some rocks at the Buttes. [emoji106]

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I'm in the same boat. Had my steering dialed in. And now it feels off. Probably my bent tie rod.. alignment is good. It never ends.

those dang tie rods. love getting caught on everything! my currie tie rod has taken a beating and has held up very nice! not as much of a beating and jakes synergy though. his has gone through 2 PSC rams. :doh:

I've got the same symptoms going on but I know it's being caused by tire's that need to rebalanced.

its crazy that an unbalanced tire can do that. i just recently had mine rebalanced.

Those angles are perfect. I'm the same way, after dw, very attentive to every pebble in the road. Something I have learned though, after every trail, a bolt retorque makes a tangible difference that you will notice, especially regarding track bar bolts. When I feel the slightest shimmy, I do a retorque and notice a difference every time.

are the track bar and drag link suppose to be close to the same length too or just parallel?
your spot on. i feel every bump in the road. the overpasses when the bring is cut at an angle scares me the most. i bet i could run over a penny and notice it. that how paranoid i got with my steering issue.
i like to think im pretty good at checking my bolts. or at least just my tires. i retorque those after the trail every time and my buddies make fun of me. but ill be the one laughing the time their wheel rolles down the road past them. hahhaa :cheesy: hope that doesn't actually happen though.

Naboo is looking good Mike. We need to plan another outing soon. Now that the weather is a bit cooler we should think about going to play in some rocks at the Buttes. [emoji106]

cougar buttes sounds nice! i could go for a bunch of different opticals.:rock:

Top Bottom