The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got a great deal on a pair of EVO sliders. They will take a little work since they were previously on a jeep and were cut off. But in the end they will be worth it and at a much less expensive price.

IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9540.jpg
IMG_9541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

Rt on dude. Shouldn't take to much work. I love mine. Only two runs on them and I've definitely used the shit out
Let me if you need the measurements from the frame to see how much your missing. Maybe evo has the those pieces on prefab and you could pick up a whole new section.

JeepJeep75

Good score Mike. A little bit of JB Weld outta do nicely to get those stuck on! [emoji38] I wish I had my welder setup at my place. Fabbing up new foot pads shouldn't be to difficult.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Rt on dude. Shouldn't take to much work. I love mine. Only two runs on them and I've definitely used the shit out
Let me if you need the measurements from the frame to see how much your missing. Maybe evo has the those pieces on prefab and you could pick up a whole new section.

from the runs i have been on with people who have them i am very impressed an looking forward to it! i did talk to drew and its possible to get the feet shipped out which i might have to do now that i have seen them in person and they need more work than i thought.

Good score Mike. A little bit of JB Weld outta do nicely to get those stuck on! [emoji38] I wish I had my welder setup at my place. Fabbing up new foot pads shouldn't be to difficult.

im afraid it wont be as easy as we had originally thought. each leg is cut at a different length. might just order up the 6 from drew. plus they are the angled ones anyway and i want the ones like yours where they are up tight. so its probably a good thing i need to order new feet for them.

JeepJeep75

Well, as you have now seen first-hand, a simple sounding welding task can easily stretch out to an all-day task. I think getting the feet from EVO will be the way to go.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Well the seat heater install didn't go as planned. Couldn't find a diagram anywhere for factory seat heaters. Also the driver was different from the passenger seat and the voltage was different on each seat too. We did manage to warm them up. But in the end I think I'm better off with aftermarket heaters. Oh well. Still happy with my seats!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well the seat heater install didn't go as planned. Couldn't find a diagram anywhere for factory seat heaters. Also the driver was different from the passenger seat and the voltage was different on each seat too. We did manage to warm them up. But in the end I think I'm better off with aftermarket heaters. Oh well. Still happy with my seats!!

Bummer that you ran into problems with your seat but glad that you're still happy with them none the less. Got any pics of all this?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Bummer that you ran into problems with your seat but glad that you're still happy with them none the less. Got any pics of all this?

Of the attempted install of wiring up the heaters or the seats? No pictures of the attempted install from this past week.
If there was it would just be a bunch of pictures with two guys scratching their heads in confusion while the front seats are sitting on the ground.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Mike! Where you been brother? Haven't seen you or Jake around the forum for awhile! Hope all's well with you and yours. [emoji482]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

All is good my friend. Work has been crazy for me and then they laid off two of my co workers so I am completely swamped and have had very little time for anything. Updates coming to the jeep hopefully next week.

dillard09

BaddestCross

All is good my friend. Work has been crazy for me and then they laid off two of my co workers so I am completely swamped and have had very little time for anything. Updates coming to the jeep hopefully next week.

Sup! I'm here too! Just been busy with JKX and then 3 weeks at work. But I'm here and looking to get back home and get the jeep back out and play with it. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Awesome! Glad you guys are still lurking around. 😎. Hope we can get a trip together soon or even just a meet-up! 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King

A guy with a custom built yj joined us on a run about a month ago. He had a full corbeau seat heater kit installed. Said it worked awesome, was a complete kit, and easy install. We may do it on our JK. Looks like it's about 100 bucks per seat.

https://corbeau.com/other/seat-heaters/seat-heater.html

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

A guy with a custom built yj joined us on a run about a month ago. He had a full corbeau seat heater kit installed. Said it worked awesome, was a complete kit, and easy install. We may do it on our JK. Looks like it's about 100 bucks per seat.

https://corbeau.com/other/seat-heaters/seat-heater.html

A kit like this looks good, the problem we have with Mike’s jeep is it was not equipped with factory seat heaters, so no switches, or the control module, or the extra plugs under the seats. I was hoping we could find the main power wires and heat them up via a straight jumper wire to the battery. This was purely experimental, and unfused. I did have the circuit running through an amp meter too. We were able to heat up the passenger seat, but nothing at all like my factory seat heater does. The drivers seat was a complete mystery to us, because it’s not at all similar. Different plugs, different gauge connectors....
As Mike said, it was two guys, a mess of wires and meters, and head-scratching. Trying to make the factory equipped seat heaters work manually is not nearly as easy as I though. I don’t wanna have Mike get a module that we will still have to rig-up and not have it work either.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got my new steering box and hydrolic ram mounted last night. I finished in the dark and didn’t even get to test drive it since I ran out of power steering fluid. my jeep did not like that. Turns out they power steering fluid I needed only was available in 1 store and of course they already closed.
So NABOO slept for the night and I got up early to get the fluid. Finished up the plumbing and bleeding the system then took it for a drive.

Feels nice and may take a little getting use to.
IMG_9661.jpg

How is my scrub radius?
IMG_9660.jpg

Top Bottom