The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Tranny service is always messy :cheesy:

you could imagine so.

At least you didn't blow a tranny....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

:eek: well thats a good thing

Glad to see you had plenty of cardboard on the driveway. Last time I pulled off the tranny cover I dumped what seemed like a gallon of ATF all over the driveway.

i was given a heads up before hand so i was as prepared as possible. :thumb:

Dang, that looks like a messy job. Job well done!

Thanks you!

Good work [emoji108]

was a long job.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last week I serviced my tranny! Hahahahahahahah

As you may have seen I hit my tranny pan on a rock last time we were out. If that wasn't enough, I also overheated it on the way bad to paved road. The rock resulted in me getting skid plates and I always planned on doing a tranny service since I don't know when the last one, if ever, was done. but I was planning to go play in the rocks 1 more time before the service. Unfortunately when we were putting the skids in the transmission started leaking which threw out the wheeling, and pushed the service to the next weekend.

I knew I had to prepare for it after talking with Jake and watching some videos it looked pretty ugly. Here is my progress throughout the day

Thought I did good on the mess until I pulled the filter. Another half quart of oil I wasn't expecting flew out.

I maybe should have just got a new pan. Would have helped soooo much with the cleaning and also because mine was way more rusted than I thought.

Oh well I just cleaned it up as best I could and repainted it.

Overall it went really well but took longer than expected. NABOO feels better shifting already!
If anyone is thinking about doing this I would highly recommend a lube locker!![emoji1303][emoji1303]

The only person I know who can service a transmission without making a mess is JeepFan. By the look of your pics, you didn't do too bad :thumb:

At least you didn't blow a tranny....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:shock: :cheesy: :clap2:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Decided to clean up my front axle tonight and make it look shiny. Rear axle is up tomorrow. Only doing this cause I wanna work on the jeep and no plans to dirty him up soon, unfortunately.

IMG_9440.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Let me know how it is. I've been thinking about going with this set up. But have heard mixed reviews with the wto box

ill make sure to report back about it. but i sent in a box to be rebuilt and ported for hydro. this wasn't one i purchases from them.

my steering box was supply by Jake (dillards09). thank you sir!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Anyone know which hose going to which port? i don't want to hook them backwards...

I can check my PSC set up and let you know, but it may not be the same as the WTO box. I can tell you that the PSC directions are opposite of what I ended up with.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I can check my PSC set up and let you know, but it may not be the same as the WTO box. I can tell you that the PSC directions are opposite of what I ended up with.

that would be helpful. but worst case ill have to call them Monday to check. also from what i have read; if the steering wheel doesn't turn like butter and feels like its binding then the lines are backwards. so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out...

fiend

Caught the Bug
that would be helpful. but worst case ill have to call them Monday to check. also from what i have read; if the steering wheel doesn't turn like butter and feels like its binding then the lines are backwards. so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out...

Yeah it's no big deal. I follow d the PSC directions at first and my lines were wrong. Just disconnect, swap, and reconnect.

Top Bottom