The Build of NABOO the Starfighter JK

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
What did you hit? Trans pan, exhaust or both?

My trans pan is exposed and I'm always worried I'm going to hit it.

I hit both, probably on the same rock. I was hung up a few times and had to throttle out. :)

You have an LS though. I haven't heard of any skid plates for them yet?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Here are some action shots from this past weekend.

IMG_1459.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1448.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg

NABOO may have gotten too much of a belly rub this past weekend. May have gently hit the EVAP canister.
IMG_9345.jpg

And now I have this:
IMG_9342.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
First with the good news. Fixed my front airline tonight. Back in business if I go back out this weekend.

IMG_9350.jpg

And also I got the switches to hook up the seat heaters.
IMG_9355.jpg

The medium. My jeep popped a few times this last Saturday and I couldn't figure out why. Now I know.
IMG_9349.jpg

But all good. One hit with a hammer and back in the perch.

Now with the bad. My jeep I believe originally came from the east coast. I will have too look back at the car facts but it was only for a short time before it made its way further west. But that short time took a hit on the gas tank skid cause I have this.
IMG_9352.jpg
IMG_9353.jpg

So I need to find a OEM gas tank skid

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Very nice job Mike and Dean! They look so fresh. Need to love up on some rocks with them now!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

they were completely brand new. only scratched from being moved around on the ground.

Their too pretty haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

well let me know when and where and we will go scratch them up!

Nice score! But, yeah, too pretty. 😂

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

yes they are! come test them with us!

Looks good mike! Time to get out there and put them to use.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

you know i will!

Nice looking skids dude! Now let's go smash them! [emoji51]

you just let me know when! all rocks and curbs are calling my name!

BaddestCross

they were completely brand new. only scratched from being moved around on the ground.

well let me know when and where and we will go scratch them up!

yes they are! come test them with us!

you know i will!

you just let me know when! all rocks and curbs are calling my name!
I'd love to get out there with you guys again. Let me know when you're planning a trip and I'll do my best.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
For a negative affect update.... I caught a rock on my transmission the last time I was out. So as you know I got skid plates. Unfortunately when we were putting those on the transmission started leaking a little when we pulled the bolts. I hoped it would have stoped when it was all back together but that's not the case. So I will be doing a transmission service in the near future:(

One positive update. I added the Currie stabilizer boot to the tie rod.

IMG_9372.jpg

And for the bigger update.

I did this in prep of hydro. Thank to Jake for giving me his old steering box I sent it in to West Texas Off-road from it to be rebuilt and ported for hydro! Should have it back in about 2 weeks!!:)

BaddestCross

For a negative affect update.... I caught a rock on my transmission the last time I was out. So as you know I got skid plates. Unfortunately when we were putting those on the transmission started leaking a little when we pulled the bolts. I hoped it would have stoped when it was all back together but that's not the case. So I will be doing a transmission service in the near future:(

One positive update. I added the Currie stabilizer boot to the tie rod.

View attachment 272912

And for the bigger update.

I did this in prep of hydro. Thank to Jake for giving me his old steering box I sent it in to West Texas Off-road from it to be rebuilt and ported for hydro! Should have it back in about 2 weeks!!:)

Nice. I'm gonna do the same with my old gear box when I swap it out. I bought a remanufactured box and decided to eat the core charge for that very reason. 👍

Top Bottom