The Official I Hate wayoflife / Eddie Thread

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What do you expect from some Alabama douche who runs a two-person mobile car wash? I'd be shocked if the guy made it beyond sixth grade.

JAGS

Hooked
It's a tough world when grown ups have a differing opinion than yours. These "haters" are some sad pieces of shit dependent on everyone liking them. The extent and time they devote to hate should be used to better prepare for third grade again.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
View attachment 265065 Eh I had to get in on this. Funny thing is I've been wheeling all SoCal trails running a WAYALIFE banner for over 3 years and nobody says shit. Get on the internet and bam everyone is a badass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Everyone is a badass, behind a keyboard. If I had an issue with a forum, and I met you and saw the forums banner, I might talk to you about it. Not like these guys, though. Just a conversation. These guys just like all the attention they get, and I've given him all he's going to get, from me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

It's a tough world when grown ups have a differing opinion than yours. These "haters" are some sad pieces of shit dependent on everyone liking them. The extent and time they devote to hate should be used to better prepare for third grade again.

Must be a Millennial thing, not that all Millennials are bad. I think a lot of the people that get their feelings hurt, here, are young. They'd have been in sad shape, when I came up. Guys would give you shit at every turn, but if you just gave it back, you'd wind up making a friend. Everyone seems to wear their feelings on their sleeves, nowadays.

JMac79

Must be a Millennial thing, not that all Millennials are bad. I think a lot of the people that get their feelings hurt, here, are young. They'd have been in sad shape, when I came up. Guys would give you shit at every turn, but if you just gave it back, you'd wind up making a friend. Everyone seems to wear their feelings on their sleeves, nowadays.

I hear you. At 37 years old I have 4 guys straight out of high school working for me. It seems half my day is coaching them over what I perceive as little problems in order for them to get some work done.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
It's the participation trophy mentality, they're not taught how to lose and are so used to people being forced to make them feel special that when they get to a place where that doesn't happen they can't understand why no one gives a flying fuck about their sensitive feelings.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug

This is the generation that needs a "safe space" when things are tough. When I was growing up my safe space was work, as long as I was doing the work, I was safe. And coaching was a kick in the ass when you needed it. Times have changed.

JAGS

Hooked

I don't really like to paint with too broad a brush on types and age. Because I honestly see the same shit with all aged people and all walks of life. I have some theories, but those are best discussed over some cocktails. Ha ha.

I do agree though to large extent about feelings on their sleeves. Hell, that used to be me a bit when I first joined. I learned and didn't go off the rails though.

GraniteCrystal

For all the crappy reputation millennials get, let's not forget who raised them. It's their parents, the generation or two above that came up with the idea of a participation trophy.

JAGS

Hooked
For all the crappy reputation millennials get, let's not forget who raised them. It's their parents, the generation or two above that came up with the idea of a participation trophy.

Lol. You mean the ones largely calling the names actually had a hand in it. Naw. [emoji6]

notnalc68

I have worked for the public, for 20 years. There is a hell of a lot of difference in the WWII & Korea generations, and everything since. Maybe we've had it too easy...too good. A lot of WWII types, had hard lives.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
View attachment 265065 Eh I had to get in on this. Funny thing is I've been wheeling all SoCal trails running a WAYALIFE banner for over 3 years and nobody says shit. Get on the internet and bam everyone is a badass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's cause they can hide behind the screen where you can't touch them.

A lot of WWII types, had hard lives.

That generation did. It's amazing how much money my grandma has, her and grandpa were smart with their money and worked there butts off for most of it. Still to this day, she rinses out plastic ziplock bags to reuse them. She washes red solo cups to reuse. There's 15 different butter containers in the fridge with all different kinds of left overs in. She still has the 1999 Buick that they bought new in 99. It's just amazing some of the things they do and the stories they can tell.

notnalc68

That's cause they can hide behind the screen where you can't touch them.

That generation did. It's amazing how much money my grandma has, her and grandpa were smart with their money and worked there butts off for most of it. Still to this day, she rinses out plastic ziplock bags to reuse them. She washes red solo cups to reuse. There's 15 different butter containers in the fridge with all different kinds of left overs in. She still has the 1999 Buick that they bought new in 99. It's just amazing some of the things they do and the stories they can tell.

Same here, although mine are gone, now.

Top Bottom