This forum... bunch of sticks up yalls asses... and shit that doesn't stink!

Where in this thread about an EVO fascia did someone ask for an alternative? While I agree that it is okay to post alternatives, you should've started a new thread instead of derailing this one. Additionally, you should expect comments and insight on that alternative.

Unless of course your mission is to derail a thread and act like a turd...

LanceM

Where in this thread about an EVO fascia did someone ask for an alternative? While I agree that it is okay to post alternatives, you should've started a new thread instead of derailing this one. Additionally, you should expect comments and insight on that alternative.

Unless of course your mission is to derail a thread and act like a turd...

This thread is months old... 7 months old dude... I doubt the people who started are even reading it... And Im acting like a turd here? Really? Because some idiot who doesnt even have the evo shackles THINKS the Olympic ones might kill people, your making me into the turd... wow..

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This thread is months old... 7 months old dude... I doubt the people who started are even reading it... And Im acting like a turd here? Really? Because some idiot who doesnt even have the evo shackles THINKS the Olympic ones might kill people, your making me into the turd... wow..

So why post in the first place? You said it yourself, "his thread is 7 months old....I doubt the people who started it are even reading."

Why stir shit up?

LanceM

So why post in the first place? You said it yourself, "his thread is 7 months old....I doubt the people who started it are even reading."

Why stir shit up?

Knowing the shit that was going to be stirred up, I wouldn't have posted it in the first place...

Sorry I posted in your "all mighty" EVO thread...

Lemmings...............................

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

We get it man. You responded to an old thread with an alternative that you just bought. You got defensive when people questioned the safety of the product you just bought. That's natural. What you didn't do was stop to think that the people here are just trying to make sure you see how a piece of metal that narrow is not as safe as something that's 3/4" thick. We're just looking out for you because that's what people do on this forum. No one called that Olympic cover a piece of shit. Just take a look at this photo comparison and tell me that you don't think the Evo d-ring holder is more safe than the Olympic one. (There is only one right answer)

attachmentYGCJYSRG.jpg
EVO-1083_medium.jpg
Capture.JPG

LanceM

If I wanted you to know I would tell you.

My Rig

Vehicle:
Jeep JK Sport

Year:

Color:
Dozer

Transmission:
Manual

Suspension:
3" Teraflex Flex Arm
Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
Rubicon Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect
EVO Manual No-Limits

Wheels & Tires:
35" Nitto Mud Grapplers
17" ATX Slab Beadlocks

Bumpers:
EVO 1/4 Pounder
EVO Stinger
EVO Rear D-Ring Mounts

Armor:
EVO Rock Sliders
EVO Rock Star Skids
EVO C2 Gussets
EVO Rock Skins

Drivetrain:
JE Reel/Adams Combo 1310 Driveshaft
Dynatrac Prosteer Ball Joints

Winch:
Engo E9000

Performance:
Dynomax Competition Exhaust

Lights:
Truck-Lite LED Headlights
Platinum Burner Rock Lights
3x3 Cree LED Rear Facing Amber Lights
20" Cree Lightbar

Accessories:
Bestop Trektop NX
Rugged Ridge A-Pillar Switch Mount
Viair 400H Compressor
Cobra 29LX
AEV Procal

Not so hard to see why your here defending your beloved shackles.... EVO everything they make... But ONCE again, I will say they make great stuff... some of the best...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For options... Have any of you looked at the Olympic 4x4 options... I just installed them myself... Half the price and no cutting of the frame...

Welcome to WAYALIFE! Just so that it's clear to me, you really came on here to make your 2nd post on the forum to bump a 7 month old thread just to offer an alternative product that nobody was asking for? And then, when people started to give their 2¢ about what they think of your alternative, you get all butthurt? :naw:

LanceM

Welcome to WAYALIFE! Just so that it's clear to me, you really came on here to make your 2nd post on the forum to bump a 7 month old thread just to offer an alternative product that nobody was asking for? And then, when people started to give their 2¢ about what they think of your alternative, you get all butthurt? :naw:

Wow, Im glad you see it so clearly... I must work for Olympic as well...

People didnt give their 2 cents if you bothered reading the thread...

They said, what I bought will kill people... Literally KILL PEOPLE!!!! and called me a dickweed, all at the same time...

and I didnt BUMP the thread... again read.... It was bumped by 1 person before I posted...

OBJECTIVE not SUBJECTIVE...

Thanks for being this...

LanceM

lol! You said we are lemmings and you own Evo products. You are a piece of work..

www.toasterjeep.com

Pajama... I dont own a single EVO product... Never said that (read)... I did say they are great products and in some cases the best... Which is true...

I typed the word "lemmings" If that is how you take it... So be it...

There are millions of choice you get to make with your jeep... You want to disparage other products that compete with EVO, then yes, I would believe you might be a lemming...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, Im glad you see it so clearly... I must work for Olympic as well...

Never said that. Clearly, you're just a fanboy.

People didnt give their 2 cents if you bothered reading the thread...

They said, what I bought will kill people... Literally KILL PEOPLE!!!! and called me a dickweed, all at the same time...

and I didnt BUMP the thread... again read.... It was bumped by 1 person before I posted...

OBJECTIVE not SUBJECTIVE...

Thanks for being this...

Your D-ring mounts might kill someone. Let's look at the two and compare them "OBJECTIVELY" for what they really are. Allow me to show you Exhibit A - The Olympic D-Ring Mounts. As you can see in the image below, it's simply a thin piece of steel that ONLY gets bolted to one side of the frame rail using small bolts. EVEN IF the steel is strong enough to endure a hard yank, I don't know if I'd trust the single thin wall of the frame rail or the 2 small bolts holding it in place. But hey, that's just me.

198791-lg.jpg

Here is Exhibit B - The EVO D-Ring Mounts. As you can see, it uses a blocked design that allows for the use of very large grade-8 bolts through the entire frame rail. These blocks have crush sleeves that allow you to torque down the bolts and utilizes the whole frame rail for strength.

optimized-evo-1083_1.jpg

To suggest that the Olympic D-ring mount is somehow an equal alternative is a joke. But again, that's just the way I see it.

Oh, and before I get called out for "bashing" Olympic because they aren't "sponsors" here or defending EVO just because they are personal friends of mine, allow me to state for the record that I personally think BOTH rear fascia look gay. It is the reason why I don't have one on my Jeeps and why I've stayed off this thread in the past.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LanceM said:
Not so hard to see why your here defending your beloved shackles.... EVO everything they make... But ONCE again, I will say they make great stuff... some of the best...

Evo everything? What is it 7 or 8 things are evo and they are mostly skids. You are an idiot.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Pajama... I dont own a single EVO product... Never said that (read)... I did say they are great products and in some cases the best... Which is true...

I typed the word "lemmings" If that is how you take it... So be it...

There are millions of choice you get to make with your jeep... You want to disparage other products that compete with EVO, then yes, I would believe you might be a lemming...

My bad, I should read all the garbage you spew, It's entertaining .

www.toasterjeep.com

Top Bottom