This forum... bunch of sticks up yalls asses... and shit that doesn't stink!

LanceM

To suggest that the Olympic D-ring mount is somehow an equal alternative is a joke. But again, that's just the way I see it.

Never once did I mean to imply that you do or dont sponsor EVO or Olympic... Are you making up arguments for me to defend now?

BTW I had no idea if your site sponsored either one... don't care really becauses its irrelevant...

Now... Back to the issue you bought up...

Where did I suggest that they are equal products? Have you really read this thread after page 3? Yes, Im seriously asking here?
Guess its always better to overkill than to save some $$$... "

Exactly where did I make the statement that is the reason for YOU being here?

JAGS

Hooked
...... allow me to state for the record that I personally think BOTH rear fascia look gay. It is the reason why I don't have one on my Jeeps and why I've stayed off this thread in the past.

:tantrum: Why you gotta be like that. I like the way my aluminum ass cover looks. Does this mean we are no longer friends. ;):cheesy::cheesy:

As for the Olympic mounts, maybe you're supposed to bolt 2-3 of them together on each side. :thinking::eek:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
There is no effing way that I would, under any circumstance, hook my vehicle up to those d-ring mounts and attempt to pull out your vehicle...especially for an angled pull with a snatch strap.

If you want to run them, great, more power to you. Just don't expect a lot of recovery offers or requests.

LanceM

Ok... because your wanting to make something up about me... Let me clarify this for you... Since not a single one of you is reading...

EVO IS BETTER THAN OLYMPIC

This all cleared up?

Ok...

Am I an olympic fan boy? really? whatever... I installed a new product made by olympic... Did I want their name cut through my bumper, no, did they do it, yes... Is it that way in the picture off their web page, no its not actually... Since it was there, might as well make it match the jeep... Guess Im a fan boy... wow..

For the upteenth time... Saying shit (check that for pajama boy) stuff I bought is going to kill people and Im a dickweed (for basically buying it, is what pissed me off)... Other than that, Ive had alot of fun here this morning and upped my post count considerably...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Never once did I mean to imply that you do or dont sponsor EVO or Olympic... Are you making up arguments for me to defend now?

BTW I had no idea if your site sponsored either one... don't care really becauses its irrelevant...

Sorry pal, you lost me here. Exactly why would I sponsor them? :thinking: :idontknow:

Where did I suggest that they are equal products? Have you really read this thread after page 3? Yes, Im seriously asking here?

Funny, when it comes to things like safety, I would think the only reason to suggest an alternative is because it's at least AS STRONG if not STRONGER. But hey, that's just me. For my purposes, I'll just make sure to use you as a tow point or pull you out using your d-ring mounts.

:cheesy: Didn't realize I you had to make a statement for me to spend time on my forum :crazyeyes:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

you dont need to cut the frame for the evo mounts at all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok... because your wanting to make something up about me... Let me clarify this for you... Since not a single one of you is reading...

EVO IS BETTER THAN OLYMPIC

This all cleared up?

Ok...

Am I an olympic fan boy? really? whatever... I installed a new product made by olympic... Did I want their name cut through my bumper, no, did they do it, yes... Is it that way in the picture off their web page, no its not actually... Since it was there, might as well make it match the jeep... Guess Im a fan boy... wow..

For the upteenth time... Saying shit (check that for pajama boy) stuff I bought is going to kill people and Im a dickweed (for basically buying it, is what pissed me off)... Other than that, Ive had alot of fun here this morning and upped my post count considerably...

You know, it's one thing to say you like the way something looks but if you've ever spent any time doing hard recoveries on the trail, you'd worry about your D-ring mount too. This isn't an attempt by me trying to say that I'm somehow better than you, it's just the truth. Difficult recoveries are really scary even with the best equipment. A lot can go wrong and if it does, a lot of hurt can happen.

Peace

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:tantrum: Why you gotta be like that. I like the way my aluminum ass cover looks. Does this mean we are no longer friends. ;):cheesy::cheesy:

We were friends? :thinking: :idontknow: :crazyeyes: :D

As for the Olympic mounts, maybe you're supposed to bolt 2-3 of them together on each side. :thinking::eek:

You know, that might actually work :cheesy:

LanceM

Sorry pal, you lost me here. Exactly why would I sponsor them? :thinking: :idontknow:

Rhetorical? Sponsor who? Evo? Olympic? As to why you chose to sponsor whoever you do is beyond me to understand, so once again, why are you wanting to keep bringing this up? It makes you appear defensive about something? Is EVO a sponsor here? That might explain why you keep on going about this? Olympic is not? You tried and failed? They dont want to be here? (my guess)... There is no interest on either side? You feel they are deadly and are just waiting for them to kill someone with their untested products and Im a dickweed for even buying there stuff?
I really dont care who you sponsor... I just think its funny that you think I (or others reading) do...

Funny, when it comes to things like safety, I would think the only reason to suggest an alternative is because it's at least AS STRONG if not STRONGER. But hey, that's just me. For my purposes, I'll just make sure to use you as a tow point or pull you out using your d-ring mounts.

So that is the mythical quailifier for posting alternatives on here? So you really want me to do a search on say... Bumpers... and find a thread (possibly millions) on someone wanting to by a non china made bumper and report all the suggestions of smittybilt ones on that same thread... Really... Cmon... you cant pull that double standard....

:cheesy: Didn't realize I you had to make a statement for me to spend time on my forum :crazyeyes:

I or you? lol... Your attempting to take that statement out of context... Its cool and all, but not even worth my reply...

You are obviously here for...... what?

LanceM

You know, it's one thing to say you like the way something looks but if you've ever spent any time doing hard recoveries on the trail, you'd worry about your D-ring mount too. This isn't an attempt by me trying to say that I'm somehow better than you, it's just the truth. Difficult recoveries are really scary even with the best equipment. A lot can go wrong and if it does, a lot of hurt can happen.

Peace

You are good... I will give you that...

You basically say Im a noob (which you dont even have any idea of), then tell me that your not any better than me... Use a couple of scary examples... Which imply that your safe and Im not...

Then say peace...

I bet you are better than me at everything... I am completely unsafe and people who wheel with me will DIE a horrid death getting sliced in half by a broken shackle mount...

Yet...

There is no proof of ANY of this... Just a bunch of conjecture and pictures by internet wheelers...

Yall be safe... See ya at hidden falls on the 22nd... Look for the red death machine... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Give it a rest really...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rhetorical? Sponsor who? Evo? Olympic? As to why you chose to sponsor whoever you do is beyond me to understand, so once again, why are you wanting to keep bringing this up? It makes you appear defensive about something? Is EVO a sponsor here? That might explain why you keep on going about this? Olympic is not? You tried and failed? They dont want to be here? (my guess)... There is no interest on either side? You feel they are deadly and are just waiting for them to kill someone with their untested products and Im a dickweed for even buying there stuff?
I really dont care who you sponsor... I just think its funny that you think I (or others reading) do...

Is English a second language to you or are you just really slow? If you take the time and read, I specifically stated that Olympic "aren't sponsors here" and that EVO "are personal friends of mine". As far as Olympic goes, I know Eric Lichtbach personally and while I have taken his money in the past, there is no way I would now. The quality of his products just are something that I feel comfortable supporting or being supported by. But, I'm sure you'll go on believing whatever it is you want to believe.

So that is the mythical quailifier for posting alternatives on here? So you really want me to do a search on say... Bumpers... and find a thread (possibly millions) on someone wanting to by a non china made bumper and report all the suggestions of smittybilt ones on that same thread... Really... Cmon... you cant pull that double standard....

Nothing mythical about it and no double standards. Just trying to shed some light as to why you're catching grief on this thread.

I or you? lol... Your attempting to take that statement out of context... Its cool and all, but not even worth my reply...

You are obviously here for...... what?

I am obviously here because this is my forum. You are here because I've allowed you to be. :idontknow:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Log off, go bury your Jeep axles deep in some of that Texas mud of yours, and have one of your buddies with a big ol' diesel rig yank you out at about a 120 degree angle. Rinse, repeat. After about the third or fourth time start taking some video. Tell your buddy to keep his hood up though, and make sure to put a really heavy blanket midway on the snatch strap.

Post up the video when you are done.

2013CGJKU

To be a little more accurate, I called you a dickweed because of the way you are responding to people giving you their 2 cents, which it still is even if you don't like the 2 cents that was handed out... dickweed.

The product IS poorly designed ESPECIALLY in comparison to the product that you are posting it up as an alternative to... dickweed

I have personally in real life with my own two eyes seen snap-back off of both wire cable and synthetic rope and it's fucking NASTY. Whether you want to believe it or not it is a real threat to human life. So, yes, I will step up and say whatever I can to prevent the people of this community from experiencing the results of a cable or a rope with unreal amounts of force applied to it coming loose with a pound of metal attached to the end of it... dickweed.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You are good... I will give you that...

Wish I could say the same about you but unfortunately, you really aren't. :idontknow:

You basically say Im a noob (which you dont even have any idea of), then tell me that your not any better than me... Use a couple of scary examples... Which imply that your safe and Im not...

Never said you were a noob, just calling it like I see it. You can imply what you want but I clearly see you're not someone I'd feel comfortable wheeling with. But hey, that's just me.

Then say peace...

Didn't realize that was a sin but, okay.

I bet you are better than me at everything... I am completely unsafe and people who wheel with me will DIE a horrid death getting sliced in half by a broken shackle mount...

Can't be unsafe, die or kill anyone if you don't wheel your Jeep.

There is no proof of ANY of this... Just a bunch of conjecture and pictures by internet wheelers...

Yup, ya got me there. I'm just a mall cralwin web wheeler. :yup:

Yall be safe... See ya at hidden falls on the 22nd... Look for the red death machine... BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But, that would mean I have to leave my computer :grayno:

Give it a rest really...

Seriously, you need help my friend.

Top Bottom