THIS IS NOT A CRIME - This is #ESSENTIALTRAVEL

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
No I haven't but would not be opposed. I'm an hour south of Chicago.

Well if your traveling that far I would suggest flat nasty or SMORR for sure. Moonlight is more of a day trip and they only have mild and wild, not much in between.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

No I haven't but would not be opposed. I'm an hour south of Chicago.

Like Trainwreck said, defiantly go to smorr if you're driving down this way. Its a huge park, has everything anyone would ever need and you can wheel for multiple days and not hit the same trail twice. If you end up going to Smorr post a run up, I'm itching to get out.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Like Trainwreck said, defiantly go to smorr if you're driving down this way. Its a huge park, has everything anyone would ever need and you can wheel for multiple days and not hit the same trail twice. If you end up going to Smorr post a run up, I'm itching to get out.

Well, flat nasty it is! Lol

Brute

Hooked
Actually, depending on where you live, there are in fact "shelter in place" orders that have been issued. As in, the government wants you to stay at home and NOT travel anywhere unless it's "essential". National Parks and State Parks have been closed, people have been arrested for paddle boarding in the ocean and playing with their kids at a park by themselves and even places like the Tahoe Basin/El Dorado County CA (think Rubicon) will now be issuing $1000 fines to non-residents.

In HI you can cross the beach to enter the water only...to surf, swim, stand up paddle , kayak etc. you cannot sit on the beach, $$ fine. All parks are closed, but they are about to open them up again as long as there are no groups.

I am fortunate that there is a beach across the street from where I live...I spend an hour every day to wade and fish a mile just for sanity and exercise. My wife and I take a long drive up to the north shore (technically illegal) every week so she can get out of the house, burn some fuel and order takeout lunch to support local business.

jdofmemi

Reminds me of a line I once read

Land of the free, home of the brave.

I was born in America
That very fact makes me an American. I do not acknowledge borders, I do not make relevant, imaginary lines in the sand.
The oceans and streams, the rivers, mountains , rocks and valleys all are my front and back yard. I play there and I rest there I eat there and raise my family there. I greet my freinds and loved ones there.
From the lakes in all there greatness that surround Michigan to the vast oceans of California and beyond, that's where I reside! That's my home.
Why?
Becuase this is the land of the free.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very well spoken!

We need many more Americans to think this way and take a stand for our rights.

Of course, here in SoCal, the media just wrote an article regarding how we take these "priviledges" for granted🤯

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from land of the free home of the brave it's just me and how I feel about borders.

Maybe I'm reading this out of context but I have a border around the property I own. It doesn't seem imaginary to me and I don't want people to be on it unless they're invited.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In HI you can cross the beach to enter the water only...to surf, swim, stand up paddle , kayak etc. you cannot sit on the beach, $$ fine. All parks are closed, but they are about to open them up again as long as there are no groups.

I am fortunate that there is a beach across the street from where I live...I spend an hour every day to wade and fish a mile just for sanity and exercise. My wife and I take a long drive up to the north shore (technically illegal) every week so she can get out of the house, burn some fuel and order takeout lunch to support local business.

How nice. That's more than what some in California can do or what the governor of Nevada wants. Fortunately, most of the people in my neck of the woods including the local media are still encouraging people to get out and enjoy the outdoors.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Northern Nevada - where people have already been social distancing for well over 150 years.

IMG_3714.jpg

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This is why we own Jeeps or at least a 4WD. While you’re out in the desert shoot a jackrabbit or rattler, so if you’re stopped by the law you can tell them you were grocery shopping with not a chance of infecting anyone.
Now we know why dogs get so excited to go for a ride in a car.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
#essentialtravel - because this is America, land of the free! [emoji631]

final.JPG

jeeeep

Hooked
Keep posting those awesome pics!

all i have around me are buildings and asphalt...damn Texas being so big and not having accessible public land.

I normally have 3 trips to Utah already completed by now, serious cabin fever... :icon_crazy:

benatc1

Hooked
That lake is spectacular

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Lake Tahoe, one of the most beautiful places out this way, in my opinion. Fortunately it's only like 35 minutes to the shore!
Keep posting those awesome pics!

all i have around me are buildings and asphalt...damn Texas being so big and not having accessible public land.

I normally have 3 trips to Utah already completed by now, serious cabin fever... :icon_crazy:
Ya man you gotta get out!!

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom