Tierod and drag link replacement

If WFO uses 1010 (worst case) there tie rod is 13.6% stronger than the $740 4130 Currie tie rod

The Currie will fail with a point load of 53,430 lbs

The WFO would fail with a point load of 61,851 lbs (assuming 1010)

The only worry is that WFO is unaware of what grade steel they are actually using. Only that it is "DOM tubing" ...

If we ASSume they are using 1020 (the most common grade Drawn Over Mandrel) it will only be in WFO's favor. Needless to say, for 65% of the cost, I went with the "minimum of 13% stronger" option. The WFO "Extreme"

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Normally, I’d be like Eh, probably bullshit. But knowing you personally, i believe you 110% lol.

I will seriously consider the WFO at some point if/when my Dynatrac HD tierod ever fails. I’ve seen all of yours and they’re beefy AF.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I’m running a RockKrawler Pro TR that I got used from a buddy. It took a real beating when my teenage son was driving over some obstacles. It’s a real beefy aluminum that will flex and bend back. I actually just bought their draglink as well since I bent mine running Little Sluice over at truck haven. My thought is that no matter what steel you get if you hit it hard enough it’ll eventually bend which is why I went with an option that was designed to flex and bend back. Currie would be my second choice.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Newb question.... When you guys start beefing up the Tie Rods, whats the next weak link? The force has to be transferred somewhere... drag link? Pitman? Steering Box? I’m just curios whats easier to repair on the trail... a sector shaft or... a say a drag link?

WJCO

Meme King
Newb question.... When you guys start beefing up the Tie Rods, whats the next weak link? The force has to be transferred somewhere... drag link? Pitman? Steering Box? I’m just curios whats easier to repair on the trail... a sector shaft or... a say a drag link?

Sector shaft is probably the most difficult trail repair. As far as weak points, tie rod and drag link likely bend way before they break and you can still get home.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Sector shaft is probably the most difficult trail repair. As far as weak points, tie rod and drag link likely bend way before they break and you can still get home.

That’s what I figured (and witnessed)... So this is why running a factory drag link is a good idea... right?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yup, I've had to deal with more sector shaft breaks than I'd prefer including my own I'd have to agree with this. At least, as far as steering components go. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Yeti makes a no drill DL flip.

I believe they are also who Dynatrac uses on their 60/60 package.

Yes they do. Too bad Steer Smarts sucks sweaty hairy donkey balls. I wouldn't buy shit from those fuckers. Sorry to sugar coat it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they do. Too bad Steer Smarts sucks sweaty hairy donkey balls. I wouldn't buy shit from those fuckers. Sorry to sugar coat it.

This ^^^^

I still run factory steering components because I haven’t had a problem with them but wouldn’t run Steer Shit stuff if it were given to me.

STEER SMARTS has been Removed from WAYALIFE
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=34385

mastrcruse

Sucks they didn’t follow the rules. I read that they are making the tie rod and draglink for the JL so could become hard to avoid them. Do we know if that’s actually true?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sucks they didn’t follow the rules. I read that they are making the tie rod and draglink for the JL so could become hard to avoid them. Do we know if that’s actually true?

Probably true being that the parent company is tier one. Totally separate division but there’s enough common ground that I’ll probably look for an aftermarket option just because.

WJCO

Meme King

They are making the factory components for the JL? Do you have any documentation about this? Not only do I have an issue with the way Ron directly disobeyed the rules here showing no respect, but then he went onto other forums and played dumb about it acting like we were the bad guys. He knew exactly why he was not welcomed here. He's a low life piece of shit as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom