Tierod and drag link replacement

Benito

Caught the Bug
Yeti makes a no drill DL flip.

I believe they are also who Dynatrac uses on their 60/60 package.

Dynatrac is not selling the PR60/Pro60 with the Yeti, but i believe an upgrade option when you custom build an axle. That was my understanding when i placed/waited for my 60s to come in

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Dynatrac is not selling the PR60/Pro60 with the Yeti, but i believe an upgrade option when you custom build an axle. That was my understanding when i placed/waited for my 60s to come in

Does anyone know what tie rod is in the hardcore package? Mine has no markings and doesn’t look very tough.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know what tie rod is in the hardcore package? Mine has no markings and doesn’t look very tough.

If it's anything like what we got with our first ProRock 60, I think it was a standard RAM tie-rod. And no, it's nothing to write home about.

RazerX

While I was installing my front axle I noticed that I have a little play in my tie rod. I only have about 24k miles on the Jeep, with about 10k with the AEV 2.5" lift and 315 Duratracs. If I upgrade my tie rod will the new ends last longer than the factory ones?

kyle521

Replacing a stock drag link with another stock mopar one is about $220 or an aftermarket is around $230 for the Currie. Which would you go with?

Jackal01

Replacing a stock drag link with another stock mopar one is about $220 or an aftermarket is around $230 for the Currie. Which would you go with?
$220?!?! Damn. Buy a Crown for less than $90. And that's the entire arm from TRE to TRE.

aTX427

I have the Moog drag link stock replacement TRE's. They are $100 and typically in stock at most auto parts stores. My XD60 came with a custom bent tie rod that I believe is 1.5" DOM - 5/16" wall with standard 1 ton TRE's. Being able to get parts in a pinch was important - assuming I don't bend the tie rod.

Last edited:

kyle521

$220?!?! Damn. Buy a Crown for less than $90. And that's the entire arm from TRE to TRE.

Going to go with the currie tie rod. Drag link is what I am still on the fence on as many people still run stock. Mine is shot, joints are torn, rusted from all the salt. Is crown just as good as mopar? I am thinking Crown may be the best bet for now, and if I lift the jeep another inch I can flip the steering and buy one for that application

maskale

I have full SteerSmarts steering. Steering is what they do. Wouldnt do a filp till over 3.5-4" of lift. I have a 3.5" lift with 37s and flat fenders. My bump stop set up keeps the tires out of the fender and the draglink off the frame at about the same time. If I had 35" tires then my draglink would be the limiting factor. If you decide to flip they do have a no drill flip drag link. You can get an attenuator on the drag link, it sure seems to help, I dont get any jarring feedback to the steering wheel. They also have anti-floop built in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have full SteerSmarts steering. Steering is what they do. Wouldnt do a filp till over 3.5-4" of lift. I have a 3.5" lift with 37s and flat fenders. My bump stop set up keeps the tires out of the fender and the draglink off the frame at about the same time. If I had 35" tires then my draglink would be the limiting factor. If you decide to flip they do have a no drill flip drag link. You can get an attenuator on the drag link, it sure seems to help, I dont get any jarring feedback to the steering wheel. They also have anti-floop built in.

After the way they behaved on here, screw steer smart.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE

There are plenty of good companies that make good if not better steering components. Me, I still run factory but then, I’m just a mall crawler.

stitch1

My Steer Smarts blew its load all over my sway bar and itself. I'm a bit less than impressed with the drag link. :doh:

After cleaning up its mess.
IMG_20171204_170902.jpg

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
If it's anything like what we got with our first ProRock 60, I think it was a standard RAM tie-rod. And no, it's nothing to write home about.

Yep! Proved it today. Pretzeled the damn tie rod today that Dynatrac sent with the hardcore package. Only part of the axle I don’t like. They need to beef up that tie rod even if they need to bury the cost in the package.

AlStew

What is the part number for the stock RHD drag link? Evo sells it, but I already have the bracket. I tried googling but no luck. I also was looking at quadratec and no luck either.

Top Bottom