Tires on Dana44???

It's just insane. A guy from jeep forums.com told me if i wanted to crawl vs. trail like ive wanted to since i was a kid i would need thick skin and to talk to this forum. Great first impression. I really am in the dark and turning wrenches and beef is new to me.. really just wanna do this right or as close as i can get first go round and set up for success. Then greeted with retardedness. It's crazy. Yeah, first build here. Ridiculous.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's just insane. A guy from jeep forums.com told me if i wanted to crawl vs. trail like ive wanted to since i was a kid i would need thick skin and to talk to this forum. Great first impression. I really am in the dark and turning wrenches and beef is new to me.. really just wanna do this right or as close as i can get first go round and set up for success. Then greeted with retardedness. It's crazy. Yeah, first build here. Ridiculous.

Right.... you act like we’ve never seen a troll before. This ain’t our first rodeo.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
This has to be the most confusing thread that I have seen recently. Don't know what to say. If you are looking for advice on 37s with 44s your initial idea sounded good, as well as WJCOs idea of running the Trail leader package from Dynatrac.

A.J.

Ok then here you go. The do it right the first time combo on a decent budget with room for improvement..... Dynatrac trail leader package with raised track bar bracket. EVO enforcer lift with flipped drag link. Rancho adjustable shocks. Big tires of your choice and wheels with four inches of backspacing or less. Good to go with room to upgrade as funds allow. Ready set go!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Fella with the handle Zimm from Jeepforum.com. Said y'all were tits and i was in the wrong place for the info i was looking for. If i wanted to know what color grill inserts would look best to stay where i was. So... i came here. Really wanna do this right. Like yalls... she's my baby and quite a Wayalife. Been Jeepin since before i had a license. Mainly only have owned jeeps over my life and ready to do a build i've wanted to do since i can remember.

Zimm you are responsible for your friend. [emoji16]

Seahawkfan

Hooked
That was a fun read. Not a lot of trust around here. The jeep insult to WJCO probably wasn't wise, But I kind of understand trying to get back in the fight throwing those haymakers. Good luck. ( Now you can't even go back to the other forum. Because all they know about is grill inserts)

BaddestCross

Lol. This is the thick skin needed that was referenced. Hang in there... If you're here for the right reasons you'll be fine. Just don't poke the bear. 🤣

He really doesn't need the trail package... He's got a Rubi with 44s. Axles can wait until they explode, and at that point, 60s would be the way to go. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

longarmwj

Honestly can’t tell if serious or a troll.

The way he talks really makes it hard to take him seriously. He’s like that overly sarcastic asshole in high school that calls you pal and buddy thinking he’s funny, but ultimately ends up getting his ass beat behind the bleachers after the football game.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Well I think this guy got blasted for no reason. 1.PNG One guy over there told him he should do an LS swap. Try and stick around man. There is a lot of good info on the forum.

Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I wanna see the part where he was directed here lol

Zimm was on there giving his advice and going at it with a guy who said "If you have an auto don't do the 37's because you will have get the dealer to change your shift points and it doesn't have a tranny cooler" LOL... Didn't see where he referred him here. Nothing follows/// Investigation Closed/// Haha

Last edited:
Thanks for those who helped. You can see me asking the same question a couple days ago on jeep forum. WJ started poking i was just trying to hold my own. JeepBeef is a hashtag used on Instagram i get a lot of visual ideas. Like i said the inner working strength is all new to me. I'll read more and develop a solid plan and maybe see what y'all think. I'll check the EVO lifts i appreciate that. Sounds like i'll be going 35 and 5.13. Gusset front. Not in the budget for a 6 grand front axle or complete swap. Chromoly rear sounds like the ticket for that. 3.5" lift is the goal. Metalcloack does have different shock options and i was originally thinking that Lift with Fox shocks. WJCO i was just trying to hold my own after your chipotle comment. Thanks again "y'all" 👊

A.J.

Thanks for those who helped. You can see me asking the same question a couple days ago on jeep forum. WJ started poking i was just trying to hold my own. JeepBeef is a hashtag used on Instagram i get a lot of visual ideas. Like i said the inner working strength is all new to me. I'll read more and develop a solid plan and maybe see what y'all think. I'll check the EVO lifts i appreciate that. Sounds like i'll be going 35 and 5.13. Gusset front. Not in the budget for a 6 grand front axle or complete swap. Chromoly rear sounds like the ticket for that. 3.5" lift is the goal. Metalcloack does have different shock options and i was originally thinking that Lift with Fox shocks. WJCO i was just trying to hold my own after your chipotle comment. Thanks again "y'all" [emoji109]

C gussets with the 44 will be fine for a long time and will free up $ for other mods. The trick is not to get caught up in the hype of some companies websites and stick to good basic proven components that do their job. 5.13's will be ok with 37's and the 3.8 the other trick is to find a good shop since you don't do your own wrenching. Keep us posted on progress and don't be afraid to ask more specific questions as they come up.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I am essentially running the setup that you are asking about. 37s 5.13 3.8 but manual. I did the Trail leader package for piece of mind and because I had a 30 front before hand. And if I was buying an axle anyway I wanted it to be Dynatrac.
I have said this many times through other threads. I run the metalcloak game changer 3.5" I didn't buy into the 6 pack shocks as that just seemed like too many possible failure points. Overall I am happy with the ride, and performance off road. The only criticism that I have is the fact that their joints are not easily serviceable. If you want to grease them you have to disassemble each joint individually (although metalcloak claims it is not necessary to grease them.)
With something like the Evo arms that have Jonny Joints all you need to do is give a few pumps of grease occasionally.

I am essentially running the setup that you are asking about. 37s 5.13 3.8 but manual. I did the Trail leader package for piece of mind and because I had a 30 front before hand. And if I was buying an axle anyway I wanted it to be Dynatrac.
I have said this many times through other threads. I run the metalcloak game changer 3.5" I didn't buy into the 6 pack shocks as that just seemed like too many possible failure points. Overall I am happy with the ride, and performance off road. The only criticism that I have is the fact that their joints are not easily serviceable. If you want to grease them you have to disassemble each joint individually (although metalcloak claims it is not necessary to grease them.)
With something like the Evo arms that have Jonny Joints all you need to do is give a few pumps of grease occasionally.

Thanks brotha, greatly appreciated. That gives me hope for the 37's!. Good info on the MetalCloak as well. That trail leader package at 6 grand, unless i'm looking at the wrong product is currently not in the budget. Will the gussets do the trick there or back to 35's? I also have the 6 speed manual. Thats the major reason l compromised out of the 3.6 when i found this Rubi.

Top Bottom