Tires on Dana44???

Ddays

Hooked
There a shitload of guys running 37's on 44 axles. Add the C gussets, DON'T bother with any trusses, throw the 5:13's in it and wheel it until it breaks.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Absolutely. Had I already had the Rubi 44 I would have geared, C gussets and go. If later down the road you decide that you need a stronger housing you can buy a PR44 housing and swap your internals.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Absolutely. Had I already had the Rubi 44 I would have geared, C gussets and go. If later down the road you decide that you need a stronger housing you can buy a PR44 housing and swap your internals.

Finally back on track here. Great advice, thank you. I think for piece of mind i'll keep thinking chromoly rear but nice to know i can probably lift, tire, gusset, gear, and wheel to get rolling. Work on internals just a little later. Gives hope back to 37" dreams. You think 37" will clear an ARB front bumper that's up swept in the front, which is what i currently have bolted on. It's not a total expose in the front. I am running wheel spacers currently.

WJCO

Meme King
Since my Chipotle comment got you so worked up, a Prius forum might be a better fit for you. At least you won't have to worry about tough decisions like axles and gussets, etc. You'll only have to decide whether you want plastic or recycled straws and whether or not you should tell everyone how your gluten-free diet is saving the generations to come.

fiend

Caught the Bug
There actually are quite a few truss kits available for the rear 44, from JCR, Synergy, Artec, and others. Not a “gusset” exactly, but one could be forgiven for confusing the terminology.

BaddestCross

There actually are quite a few truss kits available for the rear 44, from JCR, Synergy, Artec, and others. Not a “gusset” exactly, but one could be forgiven for confusing the terminology.

This... I was confusing the two until I learned the vocabulary. Hell, I still get confused on camber and caster sometimes. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

fiend

Caught the Bug
I think a truss, properly installed, could strengthen the axle. But unless you have a very experienced welder, there is downside risk to adding one (cracking your pumpkin, warping your axle, etc). Seems like most do without.

Top Bottom