To the Good Ol' Days - a MOAB Jeep Vacation

hogtyed

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing the great pic's. As for an east coaster I can only dream of making run like that. It is in the plans someday. I might need some tips as I am a flatlander. The only mountains I have run you guy's would call hills, Great Smokies.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome trip. Looks like you had a good time. Glad that things turned out OK and hope Moby gets back running soon enough. Congrats again Rachel and Ray!!

Looks like another awesome trip! Hopefully mint will be back up and running in no time.

It was a hell of a trip for sure but well worth it. As far as Moby goes, gonna take him down to Motech tomorrow and I'm sure they'll take care of him.

Ahh cliffhanger, one of my favorite trails from my trip with you! Looks like it was a blast and super jealous you got to hang with Jeep reps!

Congrats again to Rachel and ray! So happy for you two!

It really was cool to wheel with the guys and gals that are responsible for making the Jeeps we love and love to drive. It was great to see first hand just how passionate they are about the vehicles they make.

Wow, what a cool trip once more. Can't wait for the video! :thumb:

Cant wait for this video! Hope the cj makes it in!

We'll be putting out short clips while we're working on the full video and you can count on the CJ being in it :thumb:

I met Jim and Brandon in FL at Jeep Beach week, really down to Earth guys!

Oh yeah, super down to earth guys and a ton of fun to wheel with. Even though Brandon is just a kid, he's literally a flat fender expert. Even Dave Logan goes to him with questions from time to time.

Awesome trip and great pictures! It's amazing seeing the stock jeeps making it through those trails!

Awesome thread. Wonderful pics throughout. I love how many different types of Jeep are represented including those in stock form. That CJ-7 is a personal fave of mine especially since you don't see too many in that kind of condition on the trail... at least I don't.

It really was amazing to see stock Jeeps working their way through some tough terrain and it was great to see the guys and gals responsible for making them have so much confidence in them too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really cool to see all the stock jeeps out there taking on some tough moab trails. Can't wait for the vid!

No lie, I there were times you could see they were clearly having way more fun being that EVERYTHING was a challenge. There were times seeing them that I wanted to wheel a stock Jeep again.

Looks like an amazing trip Thank you for sharing.

Seriously, how did that YJ stay so clean?

LOL!! There's only one other person I know that is so anal about keep his Jeep clean and that's JeepFan. Dave literally took time to wash his Jeep every day.

Great trip! What an awesome line up of Jeeps!

I think the line up of Jeeps is what made this trip so much fun. I was great to see so many Jeeps that weren't JK's along for the ride. It really was awesome. :cool:

What an amazing journey you had guys, despite all the issues you had down the road you made it to Miab and you made this thread possible.
Thank you
Eddie,
I noted you have two antennas on both sides of the EVO carrier is one CB and another one Rugged radio?
I may have missed the thread on that but still interested in the set up.
Ty

One is a CB and the other is a race radio.

Yup, what coz said, one is for CB and the other is for a race radio.

It's great to see that you don't need a fully built rig to have a great time on the trail. I think its good for the Jeep crew to get back to the heart of things and keep things fresh as to what they are working for.

Can't wait to get to Moab some day, its a long way from PA. For now, I have Rausch Creek to get me rocks off.

The funny thing is, when you're wheeling a built up rig, it's easy to take for grated how much fun a trail can be without having to take every crazy big obstacle. As far as the Jeep crew goes, believe me, they know what they're working for but it was great to see them making the time to get out and enjoy what they make and on their own personal time. :yup:

Great pictures and looks like an awesome trip. Having never been to Moab, it's great getting insights into the different trails and the Jeeps that are able to complete them.

I won't lie, there are some trails that have changed A LOT in just the last 5-10 years and to the point where a stock Jeep can no longer run them or run them safely. Most of this has been the result of big tires, big horse power and big egos. It really is a shame but there are still a ton of trails out there that can still be run stock even if a bit of rock stacking or a strap or two is needed.

That looks like the old Black Diamond coil over system. My old CJ had a modified version of it back in the day, it is a very flexy system.

Yup, that's what it was and yes, it was a really flexy system. Kind of crazy to see on a relatively stock "looking" YJ.

What an awesome opportunity. Great pics. Looks like a hell of a time.

No lie, there were so many reasons why would should have just bowed out of this trip but I'm so glad that we pushed so hard to make it happen. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that looked like a whole lot of fun!

hard to believe EJS was only last month, seems so long ago!

Tell me about it! It literally felt like we had just got home, turned around and headed back out there :crazyeyes:

What a cool variety of jeeps! Its awesome to see the pride and confidence those guys have just running stock. Thanks for sharing

It really was awesome to see and it made me that much more proud to be an owner of a Jeep.

Looks like such an awesome trip with good friends! Glad to see your "overtime" was enjoyable!

LOL!! Had a hell of a great time. If only I could make twice as much with "overtime" instead of spending twice as much :crazyeyes:

Great photos! That was a rough start, but glad it turned out so awesome. Congrats to Ray and Rachel!

LOL!! There were times when we started to question why we were doing what we were doing but yeah, it all turned out awesome :D

Great pics! I love your trips Eddie, maybe we'll come across each other trekking around Nevada!

That would be great :cool:

Great pics, love the Renegade and LJ!

I got to ride with Jim in his Renegade and for an old leaf sprung rig, it was surprisingly comfortable and scary capable. Hands down, it was the one rig I really wanted to wheel.

Looks like you guys had a blast! :thumb:

We always do :cool:

Great pics. Fantastic seeing the stockers out there showing what they can do.

It really was. It's one thing when these guys are on the clock wheeling company Jeeps that are stock (something they do all the time during EJS) and it's entirely another thing when they come out to Moab, on their own time and purposefully wheel their own stock Jeeps. Again, it goes to show just how proud they are of the vehicles they make. :yup:

Cool seeing all the different jeeps running trail. And of coarse, I always love seeing picture of MOAB. Thanks for sharing.

So awesome to see so many stock Jeeps wheeling! Great photos as always! Thanks for sharing. [emoji106]

Being able to wheel with so many different Jeeps really was awesome.

Looks awesome guys! Would love to one day be able to do the Moab. But that is a pretty far drive for me :cheesy:

LOL! Just looked at your profile and yeah, that would be quite a drive... that and a boat ride :crazyeyes:

Looks like you had all the right ingredients for a trip to Moab. Can't wait to go back there

All you really need are good friends but the Jeeps were icing on the cake :cool:

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Looks like a great trip. I can see why you couldn't say no! I can't wait to see these stock jeeps wheeling in the video, and driven by developers none the less.
Did the guy with the supercharged yj carry a bucket and hose with him? I never saw dust on it lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really nice to see a variety of Jeep models, especially the CJ and that really nice YJ which I would like to know more about, and like someone else asked how did it stay so clean?

It really has been a LONG time since I've wheeled with a YJ or a CJ that wasn't totally built and it was a ton of fun to have them along. As far as how the YJ kept so clean goes, when you're 72 and retired but are passionate about your Jeep, you make sure to clean it every day. :crazyeyes:

Awesome pictures!!!

Did my eyes deceive me, or did that red TJ have a Georgia plate on it?

That TJ belongs to Dave Logan - he's the guy in charge of all the old iron over at Omix-ADA which of course, is in your neck of the woods. :yup:

Thanks for sharing the great pic's. As for an east coaster I can only dream of making run like that. It is in the plans someday. I might need some tips as I am a flatlander. The only mountains I have run you guy's would call hills, Great Smokies.

It'd be a haul for you but I guarantee, well worth the trip. :yup:

Very cool trip! Sorry to hear about the trouble with Moby, but glad you guys were still able to make it to Moab to wheel with a great group!!

I won't lie, the whole Moby fiasco sucked and enough so that we almost cancelled our trip. Fortunately, we did have a plan B ready to go (quickly becoming plan A) and we were so glad that we took advantage of that option instead of bowing out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great trip. I can see why you couldn't say no! I can't wait to see these stock jeeps wheeling in the video, and driven by developers none the less.
Did the guy with the supercharged yj carry a bucket and hose with him? I never saw dust on it lol

LOL!! Funny thing is, I expected to see his YJ clean in the morning, I just couldn't believe that it stayed clean all day long. Not sure how he did it but every time I looked, it was still shiny :crazyeyes:

I might have to run by and give him a chat sometime here soon then!! :thumb:

I believe they have an open house once a year. If you get a chance, you really need to see their collection of old iron. It's probably one of the most complete out there.

Jermovi

Thanks

Thanks for the write up. It looked like a great trip. I enjoyed seeing the CJ, YJ, stock TJ and especially the LJs hitting the trail (i'm an LJ guy). It's a good reminder that I don't need to have every upgrade to hit the trails.

Thanks,

J

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the write up. It looked like a great trip. I enjoyed seeing the CJ, YJ, stock TJ and especially the LJs hitting the trail (i'm an LJ guy). It's a good reminder that I don't need to have every upgrade to hit the trails.

Thanks,

J

Awesome you have an LJ, they really are quite the performer on the trail :cool:

Great pics, great story and looks like another great adventure!!

Thanks, it's always an adventure and always a good time :yup:

LOL!! No kidding :D

Breer

Caught the Bug
Awesome Trip! Looking forward to the video! And maybe some future pics of one of your CJ's out in Moab, Jane would look good out there.... just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jim

Great post with so many great photos. Well done. I hadn't been down there for a couple years, but sure enough I woke up on a Monday morning and wheeled past the diner and sure enough there was Rubicat and the rest of those awesome jeeps in the parking lot!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Quick question for you, did the break with Moby make you think twice about adding any type of sat com to your travel gear? I know they're pricey, but if you hadn't been able to limp Moby off that trail and back to town, it could have paid for itself on one trip.

Top Bottom