Twisted sector shaft - hydro assist or other?

J

JKDream

Do you have a few pictures you can post if you have the time with the setup on your stock axles? I'm not sure if you had the bolt on coilover system at that time, but the closer to my setup the better.

I called Evo and it sounds like they do not make a full weld on replacement high mount track bar mount. They recommended welding up to the stock track bar bracket, then reinforcing everything. Which I can do, but it's going to look like Frankenstein by the time it's done.

As far as tie rod ends are concerned, I have a solid 1.5" 7075 tie rod and drag link with 7/8" 3/4 ton TRE's from Ruff Stuff. I know they can bend, but can they take the force of hydro assist?

I know it wasn't directed at me but why don't you just go with something like Synergys weld on bracket or comparable?
They're all good for hydro as mentioned previously.
The stock bracket isn't up to the task, and bracing it is just a poor solution to something fairly easy.
If you're welding already, you might as well improve the entire setup versus improving poop steel.

aTX427

I would need an adjustable track bar with the Synergy. The upper holes are directly in line with one another. I'm not sure if Evo accounts for the arc the track bar moves in when they made their high mount, but it's intended to be used with the stock track bar, which I like. I suppose I can just box weld their mount back to the axle.

J

JKDream

I would need an adjustable track bar with the Synergy. The upper holes are directly in line with one another. I'm not sure if Evo accounts for the arc the track bar moves in when they made their high mount, but it's intended to be used with the stock track bar, which I like. I suppose I can just box weld their mount back to the axle.

Not necessarily true.
I have Synergys mount on my ProRock and I'm using the stock track bar.
Ironically I had more issues with aftermarket bars than I did the stock one.
If you're worried about the axle being centered, don't be.
The axle shifts to either side during articulation, and weight transfer.
Mines about .1" off with the stock bar at ride height.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Maybe I missed it earlier in the post, but what exactly is it you're trying to do? Put a PSC hydro assist system on a stock axle with no lift? PSC has a bolt on mount for stock axles that enables you to mount a ram on a stock axle. In fact, I have one sitting unused in my garage. (I went with a weld on Synergy raised track bar mount, with ram tabs welded to that).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have never had a leak on my Psc hydro assist system, been on for almost 2 years and swapped between two different axles. Definitely agree on a strong trackbar bracket for.it, I actually ripped the steel on the bracket mine is welded to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have never had a leak on my Psc hydro assist system, been on for almost 2 years and swapped between two different axles. Definitely agree on a strong trackbar bracket for.it, I actually ripped the steel on the bracket mine is welded to.

I've had leaks at the box, the reservoir and at the pump but only after years of use and thousands of miles of use. Nothing new o-rings couldn't fix. As far as track bar brackets go, yep, I've seen and helped weld up my fair share of them on the trail. Pretty much all of them were just bolted on too and that's why I recommend they be burned on.

Are you guys using a bar clamp on the tie rod or welding tabs to it?

I have been and still use a PSC clamp on Rubicat's tie-rod.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I've had leaks at the box, the reservoir and at the pump but only after years of use and thousands of miles of use. Nothing new o-rings couldn't fix. As far as track bar brackets go, yep, I've seen and helped weld up my fair share of them on the trail. Pretty much all of them were just bolted on too and that's why I recommend they be burned on.

I have been and still use a PSC clamp on Rubicat's tie-rod.

Ya the torn welded on track bar mount is a "feature" on my ud60 I've heard lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom