VIDEO : MALL CRAWLIN ARIZONA - a Blast from the Past with MOBY & EVO1

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Great video! Amazing seeing what you were doing so far back. And fantastic scenery, I know our malls don't have views and wheel chalks like that!

Moby and Evo1... as good as it gets. In my opinion those two rigs are the ones gagging really put the JK on the map has far has hardcore wheeling.

Love it !

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool. If my timelines are right, it was around this time I first stumbled across your videos and bought my first Jeep. Here I am with 2 in the garage and pre-teen kids who are already hooked. [emoji482]

:cheesy: Simply awesome :D

Tough trail. Would be nervous to try that with doors.

Yeah... the stuff we were doing is better suited for doing without a hard top or full doors on. It's a big part of why we have Moby setup the way he is now.

Great video . Awesome footage and great spotting . Looks technical

There's some crazy technical terrain out there for sure!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Such a badass video! EVO1 in this form is prob my favorite look it’s had over the years.

Seeing that body damage to moby on the passenger side made me chuckle a little. The first of many to come on that side unfortunately.

Thanks for digging this gem out of the archives!

Yeah, EVO1 looked pretty badass in orange and running Mud Grapplers. And technically, that was maybe the 4th in a line of damage we've already done and with more to come :crazyeyes:

Great video! Amazing seeing what you were doing so far back. And fantastic scenery, I know our malls don't have views and wheel chalks like that!

Glad you enjoyed it. What's really crazy is that the stuff we were doing 10 years before that paled in comparison. Everything was just so much smaller and flex like what you see just couldn't be had or at least, not on a daily driver.

Dang, crazy how much things have changed since this video. Thanks for sharing

Happy to hear you had fun watching this video. And yes, a TON has changed since then! :crazyeyes:

Moby and Evo1... as good as it gets. In my opinion those two rigs are the ones gagging really put the JK on the map has far has hardcore wheeling.

Love it !

Those were some fun times for sure. A time when we could still get out with the families and just wheel for wheeling sake. Now, everything's gotta be some kind of event.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I remember this iteration of EVO1 and it passing me by (I was photographing it) going up Chocolate Thunder during a WAY BACK KOH.
Those were some of the first "skinned" Rancho tube doors I had seen.
:beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I remember this iteration of EVO1 and it passing me by (I was photographing it) going up Chocolate Thunder during a WAY BACK KOH.

Damn, that's right! Those were skinned Rancho tube doors!! :cheesy:

Feeling a bit older now? :crazyeyes: :D

Rancho

Caught the Bug
HA!
I don't "feel" old until I see videos like this!!
Then a squash the thought and keep acting young :brows:
:icon_crazy:

Ddays

Hooked

AHA! I've always wondered what doors those were on EVO1 and why they had that gap at the bottom! Mystery solved!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Very cool and badass video. Enjoyed it lots. A great philosopher (???) once said, "Remember today 'cause one day soon we'll look back on it as "The good 'ol Days." DTD's, skinned over tube doors, and 3.8 lumps make that time live again. :yup:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Cool throwback. Seems like it wasn’t THAT long ago. Time flies! I remember when EVO 1 was a Sahara on 40s with the FOA coilovers, prior to the double throw down. I think Mel was testing his coil over kit at the time, back in the good JK-F days. I watched all those old YouTube videos. I think I even had a wayalife soundtrack composed of music that was in a lot of your videos. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OSV

that was great... mel has 9 lives, like a cat :crazyeyes:

were you guys on 37's for that? when did the move to 40's happen?

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
That was cool as ever...and that very short part of Mel bombing down a dirt road is epic...:thumb::thumb:

Discount Tire

I What an awesome throwback to good old AZ. And to think most people think AZ is all flat and sand. Ten years ago is about the time I met you and Cindy at a Dirt Riot race in Congress Arizona that Mel was racing in. My have the kids grown, where has the time gone.

I had to search for a photo of the race, I was off a bit the Dirt Riot race was in 2013.

DPP_273-L.jpg

Mel was crazy then as well.

That was some tough terrain flexing out full size Jeeps to the max on some gnarly trails. It was fun watching the action along with some excellent spotting. Your Jeeps were ahead of their time with all the beef. I'd take either of them wheeling today and be proud to have one of them.

I have always enjoyed all of your photos and videos. You guys do the best videos on the planet even back in the old days. Thanks for putting a smile on my face watching a blast from the past rocking-out in Arizona

Bear_JT

Hooked
Totally a bad ass video! I love EVO 1 like this and Moby is always the top dog.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bullwinckle

Hooked
VIDEO : MALL CRAWLIN ARIZONA - a Blast from the Past with MOBY & EVO1

Awesome video! Brings back memories of following along on both these builds and dreaming of building my own JK back in high school [emoji106] I agree with the others I liked EVO 1s look at this point. Arizona looks like it has some great trails out there gonna have to explore out there one of these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom