VIDEO : MALL CRAWLIN ARIZONA - a Blast from the Past with MOBY & EVO1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool and badass video. Enjoyed it lots. A great philosopher (???) once said, "Remember today 'cause one day soon we'll look back on it as "The good 'ol Days." DTD's, skinned over tube doors, and 3.8 lumps make that time live again. :yup:

LOL - awesome. So glad you enjoyed watching this :)

Cool throwback. Seems like it wasn’t THAT long ago. Time flies! I remember when EVO 1 was a Sahara on 40s with the FOA coilovers, prior to the double throw down. I think Mel was testing his coil over kit at the time, back in the good JK-F days. I watched all those old YouTube videos. I think I even had a wayalife soundtrack composed of music that was in a lot of your videos. [emoji38]

Awesome and tell me about it! When we first started looking for the footage, I was thinking that we did this run just a couple of years ago. I was only until we found it that I realized just how long ago it really was! :crazyeyes:

that was great... mel has 9 lives, like a cat :crazyeyes:

were you guys on 37's for that? when did the move to 40's happen?

Oh no, Mel was running 40x13.50 Mud Grapplers and Moby was running 30x15.50 Toyo MT's :crazyeyes:

That was cool as ever...and that very short part of Mel bombing down a dirt road is epic...:thumb::thumb:

So glad you enjoyed it :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I What an awesome throwback to good old AZ. And to think most people think AZ is all flat and sand. Ten years ago is about the time I met you and Cindy at a Dirt Riot race in Congress Arizona that Mel was racing in. My have the kids grown, where has the time gone.

I had to search for a photo of the race, I was off a bit the Dirt Riot race was in 2013.

DPP_273-L.jpg

Mel was crazy then as well.

That was some tough terrain flexing out full size Jeeps to the max on some gnarly trails. It was fun watching the action along with some excellent spotting. Your Jeeps were ahead of their time with all the beef. I'd take either of them wheeling today and be proud to have one of them.

I have always enjoyed all of your photos and videos. You guys do the best videos on the planet even back in the old days. Thanks for putting a smile on my face watching a blast from the past rocking-out in Arizona

LOL!! Yup, I totally remember that race and it was great to meet you there. The kids sure have grown quite a bit since then too. Great shot of the TJ :thumb:

Also, thank you. We're truly humbled you would say as much about our videos and photos :blush:

Totally a bad ass video! I love EVO 1 like this and Moby is always the top dog.

Happy to hear you liked what you saw :)

Awesome video! Brings back memories of following along on both these builds and dreaming of building my own JK back in high school [emoji106] I agree with the others I liked EVO 1s look at this point. Arizona looks like it has some great trails out there gonna have to explore out there one of these days.

Need to get you back in a Jeep again! :thumb:

Man that was cool! Id love to see more of those older videos!

I guess we'll have to give more thought to some of these older trips that never got made into a video and do something with them :crazyeyes:

Must say video's like this make me miss the JK alot. Was the DTD and lever something people could get back then or was Mel still testing it?

LOL - don't miss your JK. Cool as they were/are, the JL is a great Jeep! :yup:

Regarding the EVO coilovers, the EVO Lever had been around for a couple of years by the time of this video but the DTD was brand new.

Bierpower

Hooked
I was watching the keep it tight series last night and thought the door ding Mel got on Carnage canyon looked real similar to the one in this video. Was that around the same time?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Finally got a chance to watch this...it was great. The truth...do you miss wheeling a manual?...

CarolinaJK

Another great video! It was nice seeing the old school Evo1 and manual Moby together [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JK_0311

Great video! Always nice to see AZ trails that you’ve traversed. There was an old video of you wheeling in Florence, one of my favorite videos and it’s what got me to your site. Thanks again!

bkac

Caught the Bug
That was pretty cool to see. I can’t believe how many miles you had on Moby in such a short time. I bet that was fun to relive.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching the keep it tight series last night and thought the door ding Mel got on Carnage canyon looked real similar to the one in this video. Was that around the same time?

Yup, EVO1 was orange for Keep it Tight and so it had to be about the same time period. :yup:

Finally got a chance to watch this...it was great. The truth...do you miss wheeling a manual?...

LOL - I always miss "driving" a manual but I don't really miss "wheeling" one. In a lot of ways, it's what I know best if only having done it for so long but an automatic is just better. To me, it's like wheeling open or wheeling with lockers.

Another great video! It was nice seeing the old school Evo1 and manual Moby together [emoji1360]

Thank you! Glad to hear you had fun watching this :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Always nice to see AZ trails that you’ve traversed. There was an old video of you wheeling in Florence, one of my favorite videos and it’s what got me to your site. Thanks again!

Oh yeah, Florence is or was the real deal. A lot of that stuff is closed now and that's a shame. Granted, the rocks out there are like razor blades and I can't say that I miss ruining a new set of tires just to have some fun :icon_crazy:

That was pretty cool to see. I can’t believe how many miles you had on Moby in such a short time. I bet that was fun to relive.

LOL - hard to believe especially when we work from home! :cheesy:

Racking up miles is what we do. We already have about 45k on our JL and over 20k on our Gladiator. :crazyeyes:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Such a badass video! EVO1 in this form is prob my favorite look it’s had over the years.

Seeing that body damage to moby on the passenger side made me chuckle a little. The first of many to come on that side unfortunately.

Thanks for digging this gem out of the archives!

I have to agree, I actually miss seeing Moby doing this stuff.

DarkDiesel

Awesome video of MOBI and EVO1

Awesome video, Arizona looks awesome and those were some serious rocks. makes me wonder if I'll be as calm when I rough up my rims the first time.:thumb:

Top Bottom