WAYALIFE Presidents Day Weekend Run 2015

JAGS

Hooked
Put me down as a maybe. The kids already have plans and Amy too. But they may need a break from me. Lol.

Let me see what I can figure out tonight and in the am. 👍

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

The family and I really wanted to go but we need to sit this one out to prepare for future WAYALIFE trips and recuperate from the tax return bill pay offs! I'll be watching closely for the amazing pictures.

Fitzbsly

Wish I didn't have that work thing, I'd love to make the hike/trip...... Have fun, maybe I'll be "sick"

Where will you be meeting Saturday Morning? (trying to figure milage)

EDIT: Never mind I was just reminded I'm supposed to be in Parker on Sunday - Have fun!

Last edited:

tobias lopez

Looks like fun. Didn't know they had fossils that u can dig up. I know my boys would love this. But have plans with the Mrs sat and sunday taking her fam shooting. But I will look into this looks like. Enjoy!👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I just updated the first post with the following information.

Meet up Saturday at the Easter Sierra Interagency Visitor center at 11:00 AM. This is located at the south end of town, right on the corner of Highway 395 and the 136. From here, we will head out to do some fossil hunting for Ammonite. Please pack a lunch as well as water and snacks we will be eating on the trail. Before sundown, I'm hoping to visit a historic spring and maybe play around on a sand dune nearby before heading out to Lone Pine where Cindy and I will be staying the night. If you would like to join us, I have booked a room at the Dow Villa but, there are several other motels in the area you can stay at as well. Last I checked, there are rooms available.

On Sunday, we'll be eating breakfast in town but will have lunch on the trail so please pack a lunch. The plan is to head up to the historic Swansea aerial salt tram and then head out toward the old ghost town of Cerro Gordo. Nearby, there are fossil beds where more Ammonites, plant and coral fossils and even shark teeth can be found. Depending on how much time we have, I'm hope to do a little digging there as well. Cindy and I will be staying in Lone Pine that night as well.

I will also update the list of who's coming now :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Please add me to this trip. The jeep is still stock, but if that works.... I'm in :clap2::yup::clap2:

Really?? Will you be joining us for the weekend or just one of the days? If the weekend, be sure to call and book a room as soon as possible. :thumb:

If it's not to late. I'd like to join for Saturday.
Wife and kid riding with..

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Top Bottom