Well I know someone who ain't makin it to EJS

WJCO

Meme King
Looking back on the event and replaying it over (and over and over and over on that long ass drive back :crazyeyes:), I'm leaning towards the shaft joint failing first and then rapidly causing the tcase to break apart because of the vibration. I felt something let loose and start vibrating which I'm thinking was the shaft. Then as I was pulling over I felt a second bigger vibration start which had to have been the case breaking apart. This all happened so fast. From the moment that I felt the first vibration to coming to a stop only took about 10 seconds. I really stood on the brakes. I looked back at the trail of junk I unfortunately laid down and it was only a couple hundred feet from where I was in the passing lane to my stopping point.

I dropped the front shaft off at a local driveshaft shop and they are going to let me know what they think happened after they tear it apart, They're thinking the same scenario that I laid out above. I'll let you know what I find out in the next day or so.....

Sorry to hear about this, man. Good luck finding the cause.

Ddays

Hooked
Sorry to hear about this, man. Good luck finding the cause.

Thanks Doug. Hey, how close was I to you when I picked up that tcase in Loveland? I was thinking one of those big ass houses by the lake was yours.

Putting that tcase in is a bitch, too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL, I was thinking that when I saw that the damn thing had blown up. Sumbitch is a pain in the ass. But then I watched a real mechanic installing the replacement up on a lift and unlike me, he wasn't cussing and swearing at all. :thinking:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks Doug. Hey, how close was I to you when I picked up that tcase in Loveland? I was thinking one of those big ass houses by the lake was yours.

You were really close. You should have called. As far as those houses on the lake, those are peanuts. We have the BIGGER house up on the hill. ;)

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just gave this thread a read through. Sorry to hear what happened and glad you are okay and made it home safe! There will always be another EJS [emoji106] and what an amazing community this is for offering up so much help!

Ddays

Hooked
You were really close. You should have called. As far as those houses on the lake, those are peanuts. We have the BIGGER house up on the hill. ;)

Figures. :grayno: Man, I was so friggin wasted tired by the time I got to the jumkyard (H & H Auto parts) I would have been shitty company. It was dark when I rolled into the populated areas so it was hard to see much. Looked like a nice area tho.
I'm keeping an eye on runs you guys post up. I'd love to come out & do some trails with you guys. Even if its only a weekend.

Just gave this thread a read through. Sorry to hear what happened and glad you are okay and made it home safe! There will always be another EJS [emoji106] and what an amazing community this is for offering up so much help!

Thanks man! Sure was a crazy 4 day trip!

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Wow what a crazy series of events. Glad you made it home safe and love seeing the community rally together. That’s what wayalife is all about for me.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just went through this entire thread, this is such great community. Like everybody said, there is always next year. Maybe I'll be able to join

Coop

Caught the Bug
Man, I’m continuously impressed with the outpouring of support and help and comradery of WAL! This stands as just one example. From those of us, like me, who have experienced it, to you haters, you can just Suck It!

Top Bottom