Well I know someone who ain't makin it to EJS

Ddays

Hooked
Whew, what a day. Got back with the new case I picked up in Loveland, CO. and I’m staying in Brush, CO.
Will have the case to the shop when they open at 8. As long as there isn’t any further damage I may be back on the road in the early afternoon. Damn, I’m back from the dead.

Again, I can’t thank this community enough - you guys are the best and so is Wayalife. If I hadn’t found such a great shop I would have taken at least one of you guys up on one of the offers. [emoji106]

Sent from my iThingie

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WTF!! Just saw this now, what a bummer this happened to you but I'm glad to hear you're okay and even better, will be up and running again soon. Keep us updated.

JKbrick

Jerry, you need to stop vacationing and stay at work! I’m so glad nobody got hurt above all else and that you got a new case secondly. Good travels the rest of the trip

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Tcase almost in then for a test drive. We'll see how she goes. Fingers crossed.
Front drive shaft is toast. Yoke on the Tcase side is too. The cardan joint is snapped. Not sure if that came before or after.

On another note I gotta say this area of Co is awesome in its own way. Since I had nothing to do for a while I took off for a drive on 385 out of Julesburg through the plains. Wow! Amazing how far you can see up there! No ones sneaking up,on anyone up there!

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Tcase almost in then for a test drive. We'll see how she goes. Fingers crossed.
Front drive shaft is toast. Yoke on the Tcase side is too. The cardan joint is snapped. Not sure if that came before or after.

On another note I gotta say this area of Co is awesome in its own way. Since I had nothing to do for a while I took off for a drive on 385 out of Julesburg through the plains. Wow! Amazing how far you can see up there! No ones sneaking up,on anyone up there!

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

So the cardan joint is done which means I assume you're running no front shaft? Or is it drivable? I have a spare 1310 yoke if that happens to fit.

Ddays

Hooked
So the cardan joint is done which means I assume you're running no front shaft? Or is it drivable? I have a spare 1310 yoke if that happens to fit.

Yeah, shaft is toast and unfortunately I’m running a 1350. Whelp, I’m a a crossroads right now, actually literally. Gotta decide to press on less front shaft or call it a day.

Sent from my iThingie

boardsurfer

Yeah, shaft is toast and unfortunately I’m running a 1350. Whelp, I’m a a crossroads right now, actually literally. Gotta decide to press on less front shaft or call it a day.

Sent from my iThingie

I think the only reason to continue would be if you plan to get a new shaft/yokes today. Plenty of shops around Denver to choose from. I dont think anyone would blame you for turning around though.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Sent from my iThingie

Tom Woods is in Utah and has free one day shipping there. I’m sure there are other options in Denver too.

Cal Jack it suspension. Here in salt lake. They carry some JK driveshaft options. They’re open until 3pm Utah time. 801-974-7960. If they can arrange for me to pick it up after I’m off work at 5:30 I will snag it and drive down to you in Moab. Also our local 4wheel parts. Ugly I know but an option. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom