Westin Snyper skid plate

fiend

Caught the Bug
Great! We will totally take your word since we have no clue who you are and how long you've worked for that company. Anyway instead of running your mouth how about you prove what you stated. Show some proof that you've run and tested the evo and rockhard skids. First I would start with proving that you have actually driven your jeep on something besides a freeway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

He apparently drove it up a forklift, so that's pretty cool.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Dafuq? You mean to tell me that skid is supposed to look like Swiss cheese?!? No thanks. That's going to hang up and rip to shit on rocks.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Way stronger than rockhard or evo. The westin brackets are made out of 1.5 OD .09 tube. They actually have structural strength if compared to the cheap sheet metal brackets on the other skidplates from rockhard evo etc. and the oil drain window is way better on the westin as well. I also liked that they mount to the frame. No engine vibrations transfer.

We'll have to take your word for it, since you joined 10 hours ago, and made your first post in this thread. Welcome to Wayalife.

WJCO

Meme King
Way stronger than rockhard or evo. The westin brackets are made out of 1.5 OD .09 tube. They actually have structural strength if compared to the cheap sheet metal brackets on the other skidplates from rockhard evo etc.

Does the steel they use come with chow mein or steamed rice?

curtiso504

I do not understand the animosity to new people on here. I just read and shake my head. Hopefully this is the only opinion I ever feel the need to express, because I'm going to get flamed too.

WJCO

Meme King
I do not understand the animosity to new people on here. I just read and shake my head. Hopefully this is the only opinion I ever feel the need to express, because I'm going to get flamed too.

He just joined, and immediately posted that the Westin skids were stronger than EVO or Rockhards with pictures of brand new skids and no evidence to back up that statement. Not to mention that both EVO and Rockhard are vendors here on the forum. This had nothing to do with him being new nor anyone else at that matter. Do you not see this?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

I'm not going to flame you. I'll explain. This guy shows up, posts in this thread and no where else. He has images of the skids that look like images taken in a shop, to promote the skids. Does that not seem fishy to you? What's his motivation for being here?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
He just joined, and immediately posted that the Westin skids were stronger than EVO or Rockhards with pictures of brand new skids and no evidence to back up that statement. Not to mention that both EVO and Rockhard are vendors here on the forum. This had nothing to do with him being new nor anyone else at that matter. Do you not see this?

I'm not going to flame you. I'll explain. This guy shows up, posts in this thread and no where else. He has images of the skids that look like images taken in a shop, to promote the skids. Does that not seem fishy to you? What's his motivation for being here?

IMG_4610.JPG

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I can't believe these dipshits think they're going to suddenly sway opinions in their favour by showing up with some poser shots.

Round here those skids would be packed full of 150 lbs of hard clay and sticks on the first trip.

BobNH

No opinion of value on anything that color nor called "snyper" but to the poster who asked about the holes, one of the "features" of any skid plate the size these have to be is their penchant for filling with mud and debris. Perhaps this was a thought to allow more to flow out. However, it also creates the ootential for sticks to poke up through and get massively bound in there. And as others have mentioned, they will create anchor points on any sharp ledges, like we have around me for sure. All that said, I love the idea that they are frame mounted. I fn hate the motor mount mounting points on nearly all the others out there. Including my JCR. It does its job, and has already seen some banging, but I had to drill out the front holes to allow for grommets to be installed, which I also did at the rear mounting points.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom