What's the Importance of Hydro Assist

Rebel JK

Google "DIY Hydro assist".

Just curious, which of the 15,800 results did you find most helpful? :cheesy: Seriously though, there is a lot of info out there to weed through, it would be great to hear first hand which write up you went with. Dont be a tease ;)

Prime8

Just curious, which of the 15,800 results did you find most helpful? :cheesy: Seriously though, there is a lot of info out there to weed through, it would be great to hear first hand which write up you went with. Dont be a tease ;)

I'm not being mysterious for its own merit, I just feel it is in poor taste to post a link to a different forum. Happy hunting.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I guess it's hard for him to google it and copy the URL. :crazyeyes:

Krieger

StrizzyChris

A guy tries to be courteous to the rules of this forum, by not posting links to an outside website/forum, and he gets ridiculed about it? :grayno:

Tcdawg

Rebel JK said:
Are you running this? I need to do something as well and would love to hear how its working for you. I could swing this but the full PSC would have to wait until the kids are out of college!

I am not running this yet but will be within the next month. I have driven a jk w the WTO ram set up and it worked well.

My pump is still ok and the stock pump, if its working properly is enough for a 1.5 or 1.75 ram. My steering box leaking but just needs a rebuild which WTO will do.

Going to take advantage of Polys 10% off weekend and order a Derale cooler.

Tcdawg

ridg3runner said:
Cant get to their website. Are they that good that they dont need one? :banghead:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just google West Texas Offroad.... Should come right up and work. Never had a problem but it could have been a temp issue.

Tcdawg

Krieger said:
I just talked to Mel at EVO and he highly recommends PSC
He said you get what you pay for and for the kit ill need its about $2,000 for everything, and for them to install its about $1,000
I'm prob going to install myself. Time to read up!!

The only thing more ridiculous than $2000
For that PSC kit is $1000 for the install.

Krieger

The only thing more ridiculous than $2000
For that PSC kit is $1000 for the install.

Yea that was hard to hear, I'm getting pretty deep into the costs right now and I really want to do this right. I'm at a stuper on which setup to run. I'm going to keep digging and see what I find.
One things for sure, I cant spend a grand on labor.

MTG

Caught the Bug
A guy tries to be courteous to the rules of this forum, by not posting links to an outside website/forum, and he gets ridiculed about it? :grayno:

A guy tries to keep the other guy from getting inundated with PMs or posts asking for the information and gets accused of ridiculing the guy he was helping out. :grayno:

Thanks for playing moderator but I'm pretty sure if they don't want it posted, they'll remove it. Feel free to click the report button if you are bothered by it. Of course, what's worse? Talking about the other forum and PM'ing people about it, which in turn generates a bunch of other posts asking about the same information, or just posting up the link? :thinking: I don't know, but I have my opinion. Again, thanks for playing moderator, but I think they do a pretty good job around here on their own. :thumb:

Krieger

A guy tries to keep the other guy from getting inundated with PMs or posts asking for the information and gets accused of ridiculing the guy he was helping out. :grayno:

Thanks for playing moderator but I'm pretty sure if they don't want it posted, they'll remove it. Feel free to click the report button if you are bothered by it. Of course, what's worse? Talking about the other forum and PM'ing people about it, which in turn generates a bunch of other posts asking about the same information, or just posting up the link? :thinking: I don't know, but I have my opinion. Again, thanks for playing moderator, but I think they do a pretty good job around here on their own. :thumb:

For the record, I was glad you did. It was a good read.

Prime8

It's not exactly hard to find with the info I posted. If google searching was too complicated, then buy the PSC and have someone install it because there is no way you'll be able to do the DIY setup. On the other hand, the DIY setup cost me about $500, including 2x the amount needed of Royal Purple fluid. I am happy to answer any specific questions people might have along the way, but the bulk of the info is on the aforementioned thread in the other forum. When I did mine, I bugged PSC enough on the phone that they began making the 1.5" x 6.75" ram again (They had stopped for a while because they wanted you to buy their $2k setup instead of their $190 ram) and got the first one out the door. The single pass 12" derale aluminum tubular heat sink cooler is plenty for this setup. Check out summit racing for that, or amazon/eBay (I think it was $50 ish). I got my high pressure hoses from West Texas for $45 plus shipping. Just tell them you want the Jk hose kit. Got my pre 2009 rebuildable gear box from a guy on another forum for like $75, already rebuilt.
Thanks Strizzy for the backup.

familytime2

Once you air down playing in the rocks becomes harder to turn.Thought about the PSC system but cost of kit was a little high for our taste.Rebuilt our steer gear with parts from Red Neck Off Road,tap my own box,purchased a ram from psc as well as the high volume pump,or you can mod your stocker.

Prime8

Dammit, you SOBs, I can't let you try and install a janky setup... I'm far too anal-retentive for that. I will start working on a COMPREHENSIVE write up this long weekend and TRY to have it done by Tuesday.

Top Bottom