Where Will Your Final Resting Place Be?

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
You guys want pics??? How’s this for the result of me slipping at Mickey’s hot tub. View attachment 315886

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pinned under a jeep with a 37” Tire on my knee. Leg bent backwards from the impact and pressure.
Torn femoral artery
Torn acl
Torn meniscus
Air lifted on a medical jet after they figured out it was a torn artery. Taken to Salt Lake City and had emergency bypass done on Femoral artery (FemPop bypass)
Countless hours of therapy to walk again after being immobilized for 2 months.

Holy shit!!!! You really did damn near die! You could probably start a thread on near-death experiences now!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Pinned under a jeep with a 37” Tire on my knee. Leg bent backwards from the impact and pressure.
Torn femoral artery
Torn acl
Torn meniscus
Air lifted on a medical jet after they figured out it was a torn artery. Taken to Salt Lake City and had emergency bypass done on Femoral artery (FemPop bypass)
Countless hours of therapy to walk again after being immobilized for 2 months.

Holy fuck. Glad they got you out of there in time.

Sullivan

My 6 buddies and wife saved my life.
2 of them jumped down and actually lifted an entire jeep off of me. Then hosted me out of hole with a strap. They kept me calm so I didn’t go into shock.
But the pain was unreal. Worst pain I’ve ever felt. Took over an hour to get rescue help to me. When they got to me, they pumped me full of Fentanyl. 300mg worth and it did nothing. They then went to morphine. 15mg worth and I was still screaming.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
2 of them jumped down and actually lifted an entire jeep off of me. Then hosted me out of hole with a strap. They kept me calm so I didn’t go into shock.
But the pain was unreal. Worst pain I’ve ever felt. Took over an hour to get rescue help to me. When they got to me, they pumped me full of Fentanyl. 300mg worth and it did nothing. They then went to morphine. 15mg worth and I was still screaming.

Somebody must love you up there! Glad you made it out okay. Hard to say it could have been a lot worse..... But at least you had everybody watching out for you.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I bet you appreciate things differently now, wow

Ddays

Hooked
:eek: Holy shit man! Did you fall out of or get thrown out of the Jeep? Scary how fast things can turn. Glad you're ok, relatively speaking.

Brute

Hooked
Holy Hot Tub...there's not a lot of room in the bottom of that hole...what happened?...and what were you driving?

iRonin

This may sound grandiose but I’ve told my wife I want to be cremated but have my skull saved/polished just cause i’ve had enough interesting head injuries I think i’d have a pretty cool looking skull.

Ashes I want placed into a small viking ship pyre casket (they make em) and set adrift/ablaze out over a body of water. Where? Not 100% sure yet, Shadow Mountain Lake in CO so far holds the most childhood/sentimental value.

Sullivan

I was standing at the top watching. I was basically standing in front of jeep where they would turn to the left a bit and climb out.
My busy did a wheel stand in a 2 door and I took a step forward thinking I could reach his front bumper (just an instinct move). I didn’t get anywhere close to bumper. I slipped and slid on my ass to the bottom of the hole with my left arm against the wall. He didn’t know I slipped and did what he was supposed to do and grabbed reverse and saved it. So he backed up as I was at the bottom. I caught his front passenger tire in my hands, right in front of my face. I held the tire as it went past my face, chest, pelvis and landed on my leg. As he landed, everyone was screaming. He jumped out and had no idea anyone was under him.
So I was pinned and screaming to get it off me. 2 buddies and a stranger jumped into hole and lifted the jeep off of me

fiend

Caught the Bug
I was standing at the top watching. I was basically standing in front of jeep where they would turn to the left a bit and climb out.
My busy did a wheel stand in a 2 door and I took a step forward thinking I could reach his front bumper (just an instinct move). I didn’t get anywhere close to bumper. I slipped and slid on my ass to the bottom of the hole with my left arm against the wall. He didn’t know I slipped and did what he was supposed to do and grabbed reverse and saved it. So he backed up as I was at the bottom. I caught his front passenger tire in my hands, right in front of my face. I held the tire as it went past my face, chest, pelvis and landed on my leg. As he landed, everyone was screaming. He jumped out and had no idea anyone was under him.
So I was pinned and screaming to get it off me. 2 buddies and a stranger jumped into hole and lifted the jeep off of me

Holy shit that is some story. You’re lucky to be alive.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug

My whole body started hurting while reading that! Thank goodness your on the mend👍

Sullivan

IMG_6226.jpg 40 staples in that leg.
So that was just over a year ago. Happened Oct 14th of 2017. I’m almost full go now. Just have a torn acl and meniscus to get fixed at some point.
PT was brutally hard. My knee was locked straight and I had to basically break all the scar tissue. 3 days a week for 3 hours a day for 3 months. They had to seat belt me to a training table and grab my ankle and pull it down to bend while I screamed. So some fun times there

Brute

Hooked
Oh Man!...you are lucky to still be alive to tell that story. I hope you have a full recovery...

Sullivan

Still gives me the chills too.
All I know is that I had a lot of angels watching out for me. A ton of shit when perfectly right after the one major thing that went wrong. I’ve been over the entire thing in my head a million times. I’m extremely lucky. In fact, I tell everyone I’m out of luck now. I’ve used it all up. Along with everyone else’s luck around me.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Reminds me of a scene from an old movie called Ricochet where Lithgow uses heavy books strapped to his ankle to force his knee to bend after being shot.

wibornz

Just a word of advice, plan what you want done and have the money/resources set aside to do it. My mom passed away about this time last year. Her funeral was almost 9,000 dollars. No big deal. She wanted a nice casket, full service with a dinner for friends and family. The plot, and headstone was purchase and paid for prior to her death. She planned it all out. Made it super easy for me. Had all of her contact numbers organized, so I knew who to call for her pension, social security, her investor, her attorney, and a copy of her living trust. Everything was simple. She even had the money to cover the funeral is a separate account.

I want to make it this easy for my kids. I want to be cremated, and so does my wife. The kids know to mix our ashes together and then spread our ashes at the same time on a mountain top above the tree line. Our affairs will be in order as they are right now.

Now my wife's parents will be a shit storm. They spend every penny they have carry debt and are close to their eighties. Just did a reverse mortgage on their house have credit cards with thousands of dollars for a balances. I know that when they pass, their adult children will be stuck with the bill for their burial. They have not bought any plots, nor planned anything. There is four adult children, the average cost is about ten grand for a funeral in Michigan so the two of them will saddle their kids with approx five grand in cost for them and leave a cluster for the oldest to sort out. I love them and they have been awesome in-laws, but I know that in the end they will not handle their business. They never have and probably never will.

I imagine that there are people out there that end up having to take out a loan to bury their parents. Don't be like that to your kids. Let your kids buy cool shit like Jeeps and not have them worry about having ten grand set aside to bury you.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Just a word of advice, plan what you want done and have the money/resources set aside to do it. My mom passed away about this time last year. Her funeral was almost 9,000 dollars. No big deal. She wanted a nice casket, full service with a dinner for friends and family. The plot, and headstone was purchase and paid for prior to her death. She planned it all out. Made it super easy for me. Had all of her contact numbers organized, so I knew who to call for her pension, social security, her investor, her attorney, and a copy of her living trust. Everything was simple. She even had the money to cover the funeral is a separate account.

I want to make it this easy for my kids. I want to be cremated, and so does my wife. The kids know to mix our ashes together and then spread our ashes at the same time on a mountain top above the tree line. Our affairs will be in order as they are right now.

Now my wife's parents will be a shit storm. They spend every penny they have carry debt and are close to their eighties. Just did a reverse mortgage on their house have credit cards with thousands of dollars for a balances. I know that when they pass, their adult children will be stuck with the bill for their burial. They have not bought any plots, nor planned anything. There is four adult children, the average cost is about ten grand for a funeral in Michigan so the two of them will saddle their kids with approx five grand in cost for them and leave a cluster for the oldest to sort out. I love them and they have been awesome in-laws, but I know that in the end they will not handle their business. They never have and probably never will.

I imagine that there are people out there that end up having to take out a loan to bury their parents. Don't be like that to your kids. Let your kids buy cool shit like Jeeps and not have them worry about having ten grand set aside to bury you.
My dad set his up a company called the Neptune Society. I guess all I have to do is when he passes is call them and let them know where he is and they pick him up and have him cremated. Then they send the ashes in an urn. Just looked it up $1350

Last edited:
Top Bottom