Where Will Your Final Resting Place Be?

Brute

Hooked
Just a word of advice, plan what you want done and have the money/resources set aside to do it. My mom passed away about this time last year. Her funeral was almost 9,000 dollars. No big deal. She wanted a nice casket, full service with a dinner for friends and family. The plot, and headstone was purchase and paid for prior to her death. She planned it all out. Made it super easy for me. Had all of her contact numbers organized, so I knew who to call for her pension, social security, her investor, her attorney, and a copy of her living trust. Everything was simple. She even had the money to cover the funeral is a separate account.

I want to make it this easy for my kids. I want to be cremated, and so does my wife. The kids know to mix our ashes together and then spread our ashes at the same time on a mountain top above the tree line. Our affairs will be in order as they are right now.

Now my wife's parents will be a shit storm. They spend every penny they have carry debt and are close to their eighties. Just did a reverse mortgage on their house have credit cards with thousands of dollars for a balances. I know that when they pass, their adult children will be stuck with the bill for their burial. They have not bought any plots, nor planned anything. There is four adult children, the average cost is about ten grand for a funeral in Michigan so the two of them will saddle their kids with approx five grand in cost for them and leave a cluster for the oldest to sort out. I love them and they have been awesome in-laws, but I know that in the end they will not handle their business. They never have and probably never will.

I imagine that there are people out there that end up having to take out a loan to bury their parents. Don't be like that to your kids. Let your kids buy cool shit like Jeeps and not have them worry about having ten grand set aside to bury you.

This is good advice...while they say you can't take the money with you, you can certainly make life harder for your family

fiend

Caught the Bug
My dad set his up a company called the Neptune Society. I guess all I have to do is when he passes is call them and let them know where he is and they pick him up and have him cremated. Then they send the ashes in an urn. Just looked it up $1350

Dude that’s a smoking deal. I wonder if Northridge will price match, with free shipping and no tax?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Just a word of advice, plan what you want done and have the money/resources set aside to do it. My mom passed away about this time last year. Her funeral was almost 9,000 dollars. No big deal. She wanted a nice casket, full service with a dinner for friends and family. The plot, and headstone was purchase and paid for prior to her death. She planned it all out. Made it super easy for me. Had all of her contact numbers organized, so I knew who to call for her pension, social security, her investor, her attorney, and a copy of her living trust. Everything was simple. She even had the money to cover the funeral is a separate account.

I want to make it this easy for my kids. I want to be cremated, and so does my wife. The kids know to mix our ashes together and then spread our ashes at the same time on a mountain top above the tree line. Our affairs will be in order as they are right now.

Now my wife's parents will be a shit storm. They spend every penny they have carry debt and are close to their eighties. Just did a reverse mortgage on their house have credit cards with thousands of dollars for a balances. I know that when they pass, their adult children will be stuck with the bill for their burial. They have not bought any plots, nor planned anything. There is four adult children, the average cost is about ten grand for a funeral in Michigan so the two of them will saddle their kids with approx five grand in cost for them and leave a cluster for the oldest to sort out. I love them and they have been awesome in-laws, but I know that in the end they will not handle their business. They never have and probably never will.

I imagine that there are people out there that end up having to take out a loan to bury their parents. Don't be like that to your kids. Let your kids buy cool shit like Jeeps and not have them worry about having ten grand set aside to bury you.
Sounds like they are living life to its fullest..😁
My dad set his up a company called the Neptune Society. I guess all I have to do is when he passes is call them and let them know where he is and they pick him up and have him cremated. Then they send the ashes in an urn. Just looked it up $1350

Dude that’s a smoking deal. I wonder if Northridge will price match, with free shipping and no tax?

I was left taking care of my moms affairs after she passed. She wanted nothing more than to be cremated and have a simple celebration of life. Like mentioned above she had nothing in order and I was left with covering the expenses. Fortunately I got off pretty easy (less than a grand for everything). There is a local mortuary called, ready for this, Affordable Cremations....haha. As cheesy and cheap as it sounds they were great to work with and helped me through the whole process. Only issue I ran into was I entered through the wrong door when I first went there. It happened to be where the crematorium was and right next to it was a casket sized cardboard box (not mom). The looks on the employee's face was great...haha. I have always felt humor is a great way to work through tragedy. For the most part I have all my affairs in order to ease the burden on my family.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

IMG_0950.jpg if you’ve been to the dusy and crossed the dam. Half spread there and the other half on my grandpas ranch I. Wyoming where he is and where my old man wants to be when he passes.

Top Bottom