Who named your JK, What do you call it, and Why?

linehand08

I named my jeep Burnadean after my old cj-5 that was a beast and could and would go anywhere. I'm hoping my jk carries on her legacy and spirit.

cmacc_2010_ruby

My daughter named her Jasmin!!! Our rule is the first letter in the name has to be in the make... My 00 xj was Jasper named by my daughter and now my Rubi is Jasmin... :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150102_170118.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150102_170118.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 190

bnatt78

I call mine Undertaker, since 90 percent of the time I am only driving it in the middle of the night.

keno4x4

Rescue Hornet by my friend & boss. One of the first times to take the Jeep to a friends ranch, we decided to run through a dry creek bed. He had a Kawasaki mule that would not start after we stopped to have lunch. While trying to start the mule, his son walked into a hornets nest in the creek and got stung about 10 times. My Jeep was the only thing that could make it into the creek and tow them out. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420259977.493416.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420260023.760405.jpg

Buster3479

Beast - Even back before we started wheeling, my family and friends always said something like, "That thing's a Beast". Sometimes a term of endearment, sometimes the other side of the coin. (turning radius, money drain, ...)

The phrase stuck with us, my wife and I started using it, and eventually turned it into the proper name "Beast" as we wheeled and really began to appreciate the capability.

I sketched a "rum-induced" logo for it as well much later on. If I ever do some custom frame, bumper, and armor work, I'll have it cut out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_4100.jpg
    IMG_4100.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 143

Armydog

What's up with the winch cable?

Hey- you're almost 2000 posts!

Old picture. The solenoid on the shitty built XRC winch broke while winching out my sons jeep. Couldn't spool it back up so I wrapped it around the guard.

I've changed to synthetic line and rebuilt the winch since then.

RubyCajun

We bought a used, red 1997 TJ. It's a four-cylinder and it's great for short trips around town and driving off-road around the lake. We liked it so much that we got a new JKU, also in red. Since they're the same color, we resorted to calling one the "old Jeep" and the other the "new Jeep." Then someone called the TJ "Pops," since it's the old slow one. We have three teenage boys in the house who love Regular Show, and the name stuck. Sadly, the JKU is still nameless.

heather2048

^^^^^^:clap2: On the Rick rolled name above^^^^^^pretty clever

My SO calls my jeep the Kitty Kat Cruiser because my license plate says meow (think super troopers).

ArmyofMike

My wife named our 2012 JKUS "Rocko" because we like to camp in the Sierras of Rock Creek Road. The kids loved the name and I thought it fitting since Rocko likes rocks also. New to the Jeep world, but learning quickly it isn't just a "vehicle," but a passion, love and comradery for Jeeps.

:thumb:

vjusmc

My buddy nicknamed my Jk "Caterpillar". He saw it crawling this past weekend and said it looked like a caterpillar as it went over every obstacle I threw at it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420793055.538303.jpg

yoyoyeo02

Jeep Name

I am torn at the moment. Am gonna go with Dig'em or Puddle Hopper. I know its gecko green, but i am pretty sure lizard names are taken, so i am gonna go with frog theme.. What do ya think? And, for bonus points, who still gets the Dig'em reference??

10891961_10206103394091653_3323785659097342829_n.jpg

Top Bottom