WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

What the hell?!?! Haha
It's things like this that make you scratch your head and think no wonder it's been such a pain in the ass to track down.

Crossing fingers you finally got it!

WJCO

Meme King
Ah. Yep, that makes sense. Hope that solves it!

Awesome. I've heard the magnets can weaken and need adjustment but didn't realize it could affect the cooling system. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fingers crossed it's fixed. I don't have that problem... no AC in my Jeep lol

Here's hoping that gets things working for ya!

Praise the gods if so!

What the hell?!?! Haha
It's things like this that make you scratch your head and think no wonder it's been such a pain in the ass to track down.

Crossing fingers you finally got it!

Thanks. Been working fine so far today. I really hope this is the end of it.

BobNH

Great you seem to have found it, and awesome instructional vid. I saved it because my compressor rattles pretty bad like a bearing sound, so likely I will be putting this in my future.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
No shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I have to say :)

Glad you figured it out

Nice detective work! Nothing worse than nagging issues that defy attempts to fix.

Great you seem to have found it, and awesome instructional vid. I saved it because my compressor rattles pretty bad like a bearing sound, so likely I will be putting this in my future.

Sure seems like it's fixed. A long trail will be the best test. BobNH, just make sure that it's the clutch itself and not something internal to the compressor. Both can produce a noise. It would suck to replace the clutch only to find out that the noise is within the compressor.

BobNH

Sure seems like it's fixed. A long trail will be the best test. BobNH, just make sure that it's the clutch itself and not something internal to the compressor. Both can produce a noise. It would suck to replace the clutch only to find out that the noise is within the compressor.
Tks for the heads up, will do!

WJCO

Meme King
Cooling system issue is fixed! It indeed was the binding AC clutch. Slow speed trail day today with AC on, no issues. Temp never rose once. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Top Bottom