WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
How hot is it getting on average?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

About 230-235. Issue is that it didn't ever do this before. Once it hits about 225, the AC starts blowing warm, so something's not right. Tstat didn't fix it. I installed a new radiator cap for giggles and will test it tomorrow. If I drive moderate/highway speeds, it's fine. At a stop, or low speeds it starts creeping up, worse with AC on. Fans are new and working, all fins cleaned. I flushed coolant and it was in perfect condition. Water pump is about a year old but only about 2000 miles old. I'm wondering if the pump is going bad...

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I'm hoping I fixed this issue. I put a new radiator cap on yesterday thinking it was futile because I thought the old cap was fairly new. Well after inspecting it, the old cap had a ton of cracks in it. Maybe it wasn't as new as I thought. Testing the Jeep out in the driveway today, it seems to be a lot better. Pictures of cracks, hard to see:

IMG_20170802_163834_058.jpg

IMG_20170802_163846_238.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm hoping I fixed this issue. I put a new radiator cap on yesterday thinking it was futile because I thought the old cap was fairly new. Well after inspecting it, the old cap had a ton of cracks in it. Maybe it wasn't as new as I thought. Testing the Jeep out in the driveway today, it seems to be a lot better. Pictures of cracks, hard to see:

View attachment 271037

View attachment 271038

IMG_9957.JPG

Hope that does it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom