Wow

StealthyDuc

This is what makes me want to invest in some type of security system. I'd be doing anything to catch these sacks of shit. Luckily insurance should cover it, but still it's just sad to know these people will get away with this.

It was in homestead Florida. Yea he has full coverage from Allstate. He's now trying to buy the correct fuses just to be able to start it to get it to the road. Id go and winch him out but my jeep I had to take back to the dealership a 2nd time for a rear main seal leak. And everyone else has a problem with there's now. Sucks big time. I'll post pics later on

That's seriously horrible. We all share the same hobby and should help each other. If I wasn't 4 hours away, I would come down to winch him out. Best of luck.

JRied

Ok guys he was able to gather all the fuses had to drive an hr north to find a dealership that carried the correct one that he needed (other dealerships had some but not all). He got it running at least and now he's stuck in the same hole. Someone says they can winch him after 6 so we're waiting. After its at beginning of the entrance he will call the cops and make a report

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Ok guys he was able to gather all the fuses had to drive an hr north to find a dealership that carried the correct one that he needed (other dealerships had some but not all). He got it running at least and now he's stuck in the same hole. Someone says they can winch him after 6 so we're waiting. After its at beginning of the entrance he will call the cops and make a report

I'm sure he's done this already but be sure to remind him to take plenty of pics (for his police report and insurance claim). A picture is worth a thousand worlds.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I think there should be a law that allows the victim to decide the punishment for the douche bags when they are caught, probably be a lot fewer repeat offenders.

Jerry311

Id leave the jeep there tonight and wait in the bushes to see if they come back for more stuff.
Then beat them and their cars.
But thats me

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My brother just face timed me and showed me something that pisses me off. My brother went wheeling and his power steering went out mid trail, tried to make it to the end and snapped his sector shaft. He was stuck in a mud hole at 4am and had to leave it because he had no way to get it out at the time and had to work. Long story short he returned today to jack up the front and manually turn the wheels and winch/reverse it out to the street and tow it. His jeep had his spare tire stolen, windshield smashed, all hard top glass smashed, and 3 out of 4 door windows smashed. They also stole his coolers, amp, sub, ripped his security box off the dash, stole his winch, and STOLE ALL HIS FUSES from the box so he can't even start it. Oh an they topped his radiator off with mud water. Somehow didn't steal his jw speakers. Really shitty man. Pisses me off how some people are such fucking assholes. Me and my brother could find a jeep abandoned in the woods and worst we would do is write mall crawler on it with mud.

Any pictures of the sector shaft?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any pictures of the sector shaft?

I know it's unrelated but I too would like to see the sector shaft. It might be helpful to others to see what can happen on the trail and how you might still be able to work with what you've got. If nothing else, it might help someone else in a similar situation.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I am sorry to hear about your brother's Jeep. I wish your brother can find and personally punish the SOBs who did this. Always bad apples in the barrel. They saw a fallen Jeep and used it as pic a parts. Hope he gets the Jeep out of there and repaired.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They took the fuses but not the box, the doors or the NAV?!? Those thieves really don't know what is valuable on a Jeep.

Wardell

Damn, the people he was on the trail with couldn't help him get out? This sort of thing is why I'd never leave a man (or a Jeep) behind. I'd have even missed work to keep trying to get it out if it came to that, but I guess that's just my mindset. I have no idea what your brother's work situation is like, but if he had to abandon the Jeep there must have been a good reason.

That said, I'd have never expected people to have done this to someone else's rig. I hope insurance covers everything for him, but more importantly I hope they catch the scumbags who did this. Like someone else mentioned, this sounds like the same kind of idiots that wreck up parks, get trails shut down and ruin things for everyone. They need to be thrown in a cell and given a long time to think about what a waste of skin they are. They're just not fit to breathe the same air as decent human beings.

JRied

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on. I'll try to get a pic of the shaft or get my brother to. It went from bad to worse. He ended up having a random guy help winch him out when he wasn't able to drive on his own. Another long story short on the 3rd hole out his left end of jeep fell in a lil River. The guy helping not knowing better pulled more and that slid is front tire and it fell in and it toppled over on its side almost all the way. Jeep is half flooded with water, entire driver seat, part of dash, etc etc is under water. Tow truck went out and said they can't get him have to have a special one come out tomorrow and have it lifted from roll bar out of water. Sucks because if I had my jeep I would've gotten him out the correct way and been extra cautious because it's my brothers. So he called the cops and the cop was very nice. Wrote that it was broken into and attempted to be stolen and on the report wrote everything that was taken and was generous on amounts (my brother has correct invoices tho). So it's still out there in water as of now. Tow guy said it may be total loss but we don't think so. I'll keep you guys posted. If motor runs and doesn't get flooded and they for some reason have it as totaled he will try to buy it back. If not then he will just have insurance repair it the normal way. People are shitty soemtimes

JRied

His drag link with pitman arm attached is dangling from his truck, only connected on knuckle passenger side

Spudcannons

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on. I'll try to get a pic of the shaft or get my brother to. It went from bad to worse. He ended up having a random guy help winch him out when he wasn't able to drive on his own. Another long story short on the 3rd hole out his left end of jeep fell in a lil River. The guy helping not knowing better pulled more and that slid is front tire and it fell in and it toppled over on its side almost all the way. Jeep is half flooded with water, entire driver seat, part of dash, etc etc is under water. Tow truck went out and said they can't get him have to have a special one come out tomorrow and have it lifted from roll bar out of water. Sucks because if I had my jeep I would've gotten him out the correct way and been extra cautious because it's my brothers. So he called the cops and the cop was very nice. Wrote that it was broken into and attempted to be stolen and on the report wrote everything that was taken and was generous on amounts (my brother has correct invoices tho). So it's still out there in water as of now. Tow guy said it may be total loss but we don't think so. I'll keep you guys posted. If motor runs and doesn't get flooded and they for some reason have it as totaled he will try to buy it back. If not then he will just have insurance repair it the normal way. People are shitty soemtimes

That is awful. :grayno: The tow truck guy is probably right the damage to the electronics in the jk would cost a lot to replace and you would probably never get the gremlins out of it. It would suck to have the jeep acting up for the rest of it's life.

Top Bottom