Here is his drag link and pitman arm resting on his tie rod

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436296440.670533.jpg

Here is his car on the ledge to next hole while they decide what next

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436296454.317187.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Okay, I'll say it......

I call Bullshit!

I just can't rationalize how the Jeep was stuck where it was to begin with in a manner that would have caused a loss of steering let alone a broken sector shaft. This said, I was playing along thinking perhaps it was already damaged. But I can't get past where the Jeep is now. How the hell does a recovery on fairly open and flat land end like this?

Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I'm thinking... If this is in fact all a VERY sad situation, I'm sorry. But if I was the insurance adjuster I'd be shitting bricks and placing negligence on the owner.

Haha! Glad you said it. I was alluding to that when I asked for pictures of the shaft. This is the same jackass that said his evo stinger just fell off.

I should call Allstate and tell them this is fraud.

JRied

They didn't take the brake light fuse?

Yo your starting to really bother me they took all the big fuses that are grey from his box, that's why he had to drive to dealerships to get them becase auto zones and pep boys didn't carry them... Believe the were Ks. Could ask him to snap a pic of that upon recovery

Last edited:

JRied

Haha! Glad you said it. I was alluding to that when I asked for pictures of the shaft. This is the same jackass that said his evo stinger just fell off.

I should call Allstate and tell them this is fraud.

Yes I later found out he's an idiot and didn't install the top. That's why I never posted a reply to that out of embarrassment. But nothing here is fraud

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Did you take those pictures with a flip phone or with a Polaroid? And how come you don't take any pictures of the entire jeep.

Brent McCartney

Okay, I'll say it......

I call Bullshit!

I just can't rationalize how the Jeep was stuck where it was to begin with in a manner that would have caused a loss of steering let alone a broken sector shaft. This said, I was playing along thinking perhaps it was already damaged. But I can't get past where the Jeep is now. How the hell does a recovery on fairly open and flat land end like this?

Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I'm thinking... If this is in fact all a VERY sad situation, I'm sorry. But if I was the insurance adjuster I'd be shitting bricks and placing negligence on the owner.

My wife is an insurance claims adjuster, for one of the large companies. Fortunately for him insurance covers stupidity, as well as vandalism, it is probably just a series of unfortunate situations, culminating in this catastrophic situation.
Sorry for the loss of a good looking jeep.

JAGS

Hooked
I could be wrong, but I don't think the later year (non-Delphi) ones are field replaceable.

Correct. Have to replace the whole box. Unless there is an aftermarket company selling sector shafts somehow?? I was just at the dealer and inquired. There is no part number for just the sector shaft. :grayno:

Yo your starting to really bother me they took all the big fuses that are grey from his box, that's why he had to drive to dealerships to get them becase auto zones and pep boys didn't carry them... Believe the were Ks. Could ask him to snap a pic of that upon recovery

Sorry man...

There really is no need to get wound up or defensive. I am nobody to give two shits about. I was just giving my thoughts and opinions on the information here. If I'm wrong so be it. You really shouldn't care what I think.

JRied

Sorry man...

There really is no need to get wound up or defensive. I am nobody to give two shits about. I was just giving my thoughts and opinions on the information here. If I'm wrong so be it. You really shouldn't care what I think.

I understand that but if we're you and your family and that happened (he's literally heart broken) you wouldn't appreciate someone calling it bs. I understand there's ppl and there opinions online and trolls, retards, etc etc. it's just frustrating when your venting about some thing and someone chimes in with that.

JRied

He bought a brake light fuse to get off the trail? Lol

Over lander why are you giving me shit? I've never done anything wrong on this forum. And he bought every fuse that was missing from the box. This is our chat from 11 am yesterday

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436297804.026841.jpg

I understand that but if we're you and your family and that happened (he's literally heart broken) you wouldn't appreciate someone calling it bs. I understand there's ppl and there opinions online and trolls, retards, etc etc. it's just frustrating when your venting about some thing and someone chimes in with that.

If this is all and accident and he is heart broken I would stop posting on his behalf. If I'm thinking this, others are as well and likely haven't spoken up. (I mean this sincerely.)

thardy

Banned
No matter what happened, the only conclusion I have been able to come to is that your brother isn't very intelligent. Between the stinger, not having tools and fluids, not riding with another rig that can do a recovery of needed, and most of all, leaving his rig on a trail of that nature. There's no way I would have done that, without staying with it.

Top Bottom