Wow

JRied

This ^^^^

What exactly were you trying to accomplish with this thread. Just drawing extra attention that doesn't serve any purpose.

It was started to show how shitty ppl are and what happened to a fellow jeeper. Then it turned into me defending things that happened vs ppls opinions

JRied

No matter what happened, the only conclusion I have been able to come to is that your brother isn't very intelligent. Between the stinger, not having tools and fluids, not riding with another rig that can do a recovery of needed, and most of all, leaving his rig on a trail of that nature. There's no way I would have done that, without staying with it.

I can respect that. It wasn't very smart. We've never been stuck where we couldn't get out at that trail before BUT we have never had steering failure either.

noroad

It was started to show how shitty ppl are and what happened to a fellow jeeper. Then it turned into me defending things that happened vs ppls opinions

Shitty people :thinking: maybe be you missed it but welcome to life :standing wave:

JRied

Well guys it's been fun but I'm done on this topic. It went south fast. See you guys on another thread. I'll post again here once it's all been finalized with his jeep and what the final results were. Later

Brent McCartney

Well guys it's been fun but I'm done on this topic. It went south fast. See you guys on another thread. I'll post again here once it's all been finalized with his jeep and what the final results were. Later

I will be curious with what insurance carrier says, wondering if they will pay any portion of the recovery bill.
About the only thing insurance doesn't cover are deliberate acts or damage caused In the commission of a felony.

srosario

Damn u guys are awesome and assh***s at the same time.

and man im glad you never hit me back to help, cause a prob would have been there stuck with you too.
As I am the only one in the world with a 2wd. lmao

gtony12

Caught the Bug
That really sucks sorry this has happened. I really don't get some pool why they think doing things like this is good and fun, really disappointing😕

JRied

Here's an update my brother called me last night and said he's going out there to try and get it with two duallys and 2 JKUs instead of wait till today with the tow truck and not be able to recover his fenders and other stuff since the tow truck wold drop it off at the insurance first.

PS They didn't take all fuses they took some fuses and starter relays, I thought they were called fuses here's a pic. That's for the asses on here that want to act like fucking children. This pic was obviously taken when he first went out there that I didn't have

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436362762.611468.jpg

Back to the topic. He got there and they jacked him again, stole his 2 doors that were exposed (not in the water) and his freedom panels. Lol incredible. So he got it out finally. One jw speaker is shot from soaking in water for a day. And his hard top or what was left of it was damaged during recovery. Enjoy

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436363059.821716.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436363074.556415.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436363088.632582.jpg

Spudcannons

Here's an update my brother called me last night and said he's going out there to try and get it with two duallys and 2 JKUs instead of wait till today with the tow truck and not be able to recover his fenders and other stuff since the tow truck wold drop it off at the insurance first.

PS They didn't take all fuses they took some fuses and starter relays, I thought they were called fuses here's a pic. That's for the asses on here that want to act like fucking children. This pic was obviously taken when he first went out there that I didn't have

View attachment 1526

Back to the topic. He got there and they jacked him again, stole his 2 doors that were exposed (not in the water) and his freedom panels. Lol incredible. So he got it out finally. One jw speaker is shot from soaking in water for a day. And his hard top or what was left of it was damaged during recovery. Enjoy

View attachment 152
623[/ATTACH]

View attachment 15262

Wow. did they get the doors too, or did they pull them off?

JRied

Wow. did they get the doors too, or did they pull them off?

As of now he has a two door jeep. The two on the driver side. They removed the doors on his passenger side and stole them. We're keeping an eye on Craigslist in case there idiots and try to post them.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
As of now he has a two door jeep. The two on the driver side. They removed the doors on his passenger side and stole them. We're keeping an eye on Craigslist in case there idiots and try to post them.

That sucks! People can really be real a-holes. Although after having stuff stolen the first time, I personally wouldn't have left it again. Hopefully the insurance takes care of him, 👍🏼

Man just a long string of bad luck, sucks to see this happen to someone. Hope y'all figure out the lessons learned, and hope he gets his jeep back into tip top shape. Hope the best for your brother and keep us informed of the repairs if ya can.

JKG33K

Ok this is total bullshit now. Hopefully insurance tells him to suck his own dick.

Sounds like a series of Rookie mistakes to me...but i am by far no expert (I'm still a Rookie). What would be the advantage for making all this shit up? Purely insurance fraud?

Spudcannons

Sounds like a series of Rookie mistakes to me...but i am by far no expert (I'm still a Rookie). What would be the advantage for making all this shit up? Purely insurance fraud?

yep. Get what you paid in parts back plus value of jeep. I dont see how you could have terrain which caused the jeep to be winched into a river but still have plenty of room/terrain a dually could go over where 2 dually pickups could tow it out.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Upside down a loan, can't afford it anymore, need money for something else. The list could go on.

Someone posted here "surprised they didn't steal the doors" and the next day the doors are gone? Come on.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
yep. Get what you paid in parts back plus value of jeep. I dont see how you could have terrain which caused the jeep to be winched into a river but still have plenty of room/terrain a dually could go over where 2 dually pickups could tow it out.

Not only that I could have driven a sports car through the first pit it was "stuck" in.

Top Bottom