Wow

JRied

And he went wheeling with no tools, and a bunch of atvs and side by sides that couldn't tow/winch him out. He didn't want to leave it. Hindsight is 20/20 tho

Last edited:

JRied

Here's a pic of it on its side. It ended up sinking in more after this. He was there till 11pm and sun goes down around 8ish

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436294261.267735.jpg

Okay, I'll say it......

I call Bullshit!

I just can't rationalize how the Jeep was stuck where it was to begin with in a manner that would have caused a loss of steering let alone a broken sector shaft. This said, I was playing along thinking perhaps it was already damaged. But I can't get past where the Jeep is now. How the hell does a recovery on fairly open and flat land end like this?

Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I'm thinking... If this is in fact all a VERY sad situation, I'm sorry. But if I was the insurance adjuster I'd be shitting bricks and placing negligence on the owner.

JRied

Okay, I'll say it......

I call Bullshit!

I just can't rationalize how the Jeep was stuck where it was to begin with in a manner that would have caused a loss of steering let alone a broken sector shaft. This said, I was playing along thinking perhaps it was already damaged. But I can't get past where the Jeep is now. How the hell does a recovery on fairly open and flat land end like this?

Maybe I'm wrong but it's what I'm thinking... If this is in fact all a VERY sad situation, I'm sorry. But if I was the insurance adjuster I'd be shitting bricks and placing negligence on the owner.

Well you are wrong and your opinion is bullshit in my opinion. It may appear flat. But every 30-40 ft is a mud hole as wide as the trail and is deeper then the 35" tires. So he has to be winched out of each hole, one after another. That is also without steering, so when he falls into a hole that has a ledge that is at an angle, his wheels turn and he is no longer being winched straight. At the end is a large hole with an island in the middle, they tried to winch him on the edge and it back fired. His steering pump sprayed fluid everywhere mod trail, tried to wheel the west with very hard to turn steering and then his sector shaft broke. Nothing about what happened is bs

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hate to admit it, but I agree. There is just a lot here that doesn't make sense. NOBODY steals $20 worth of fuses and leaves doors worth $5k. Hell, around here, people steal doors off topless Jeeps in parking lots.

If I'm wrong, I admit I'm an asshole and I'm sorry for your brother's loss. But this shit just doesn't add up.

JRied

I hate to admit it, but I agree. There is just a lot here that doesn't make sense. NOBODY steals $20 worth of fuses and leaves doors worth $5k. Hell, around here, people steal doors off topless Jeeps in parking lots.

If I'm wrong, I admit I'm an asshole and I'm sorry for your brother's loss. But this shit just doesn't add up.

They probably planned to go and get more and took the fuses so he couldn't drive it not knowing that it was immobilized. It's pretty shitty that I come on here and tell you guys the hardships and some of you believe it's bs and was deliberate. If it was an act to self sabotage I definitely wouldn't post step by step what happened on a public forum guys. Get that shit out of your heads

JRied

This is and example of a 30-40" hole with a 3 1/2ft raise and then immediately another deep hole.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436296271.873426.jpg

And anyone on here that wheels in the humps please feel free to chime in

Top Bottom