Wrangler 2016, what do you want?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
That's realistic. 2 & 3 are already produced for wranglers and would be an easy upsell.

Exactly, and #1 is already produced by Jeep, and can easily be fit into a wrangler since both the hemi and the pentastar are interchangeable between the Wrangler and the GC.

If we are talking about wishful thinking options, I'd love to have a factory option of the undercarriage bedlined from factory. Jeeps are vehicles that can be kept for life, and their major enemy is rust. I would gladly pay another $500 on top of the purchase price to have the entire undercarriage bedlined from factory.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
To be realistic....

1) The 3.0 Turbo Diesel
2) A D44 option for the Sport X and the Sahara models
3) 4.10 option on all models

That would be all I want for a "realistic" scenario.

That's realistic. 2 & 3 are already produced for wranglers and would be an easy upsell.

thats very realalistic. would help people like me struggling to figure out regearing options

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
To be realistic....

1) The 3.0 Turbo Diesel
2) A D44 option for the Sport X and the Sahara models
3) 4.10 option on all models

That would be all I want for a "realistic" scenario.

thats very realalistic. would help people like me struggling to figure out regearing options

Since 3.73s are an option, and Jeep has no problem using 15689 combinations of springs, I don't see why the workers couldn't stick in 4.10s instead of 3.73s. I realize that this would make it difficult for dealers to stock because this would add an element that would explode the combination possibilities, but as a factory order, it should be a non issue.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since 3.73s are an option, and Jeep has no problem using 15689 combinations of springs, I don't see why the workers couldn't stick in 4.10s instead of 3.73s. I realize that this would make it difficult for dealers to stock because this would add an element that would explode the combination possibilities, but as a factory order, it should be a non issue.

it would probably make it easier for the dealer since its one last comination that would have to worry about when building it. cause now they have to do the 3.21s then the 373 and your 4.10s they have to build. when its just 4.10s it changes your configuration options down to interior stuff.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
it would probably make it easier for the dealer since its one last comination that would have to worry about when building it. cause now they have to do the 3.21s then the 373 and your 4.10s they have to build. when its just 4.10s it changes your configuration options down to interior stuff.

now that i think about it you would just want to drop the 3.21 and keep the 3.73 that way you put the 4.10 in the rubi and it makes people want to bump up to it for that reason.

NHarris

I would like to see a 2-door unlimited. I love those models, but they're getting a little old...

I don't know if anyone has heard this, but talking to someone who is big in the off road/jeep modification industry, the next gen Wrangler could have IFS (thats what they heard)... I doubt it would happen, because the screams that it would create and its not keeping to the wrangler heritage, but at the same time it could keep the JK market open and opens a solid axle swap market. Remember, this is all hear-say and there is no way, that I know of, to confirm this.

Last edited:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Diesel and D44's front and rear available for all models. Shoot, I would be fine with just D44's front and rear and a Pentestar.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

caveman8fb

A bed line interior option

This ^^^.

For all Rubicons to have a bigger lift, flat fenders, 35" M/T tires, beefy knuckles, additional skids, chromoly axles, a skinny drive shaft that doesn't rub, a stubby bumper with winch, a rear tire carrier that can support up to 40" tire, hi-lift jack, snorkel, better sound system, and coupons for Hooters.

justjeff

I would like to see D44 all around
A turbo Desiel option
A Hi-Po twin turbo 3.6 / or supercharger option ((AKA: the SRT version)or v8))
Bed liner under the carpet
And for Gods Sake quit stacking options together. When you try to build a new one that you are willing to dish out a ton of cash on but whenever you add an option it takes off other options really pisses me off.
Maybe different spring hight and weight options? like normal, performance, and heavy duty. That way a person could get the heavy duty if they wanted something a couple inches taller than the base model.

ssgp2

Lots of great ideas.
How much does it cost for a bed lining?
Rust is how I loose my cars and protecting the Jeep would be a priority.

Tabers

For me ...Save "Stock" for the 2 wheel drives ... Sahara and X "Trail Rated" Must Have Dana 44's front and rear, 4.10 gears, Lockers, and 33" tires regardless... upgrade to Rubi For 35"s, Long Arm lift, extra Skids, Better Lockers, 4to1 low, 5.13 gears, Winch ... so it would come down to Street, Trail, or Moab Ready... its your choice!

mattdenney07

I've seen it mentioned in one of these threads in a different forum and now I think about it all the time. How about somehow incorporating power locks into the glove box and center console? I find it very repetitive locking and unlocking my center console several times a day with my top and doors off, and I can't see why it would be that hard to do.

metaldemon

How about a base model without all the electronics. No ABS, ESP,Traction Control,and no fly by wire throttle. It was bad enough with my '98 Cherokee, and its computer controls, and it had no options. I am looking for an old YJ to build into a daily driver. I am done with the new stuff.

Top Bottom