Wrangler 2016, what do you want?

bl17z90

Yeah i think thats something you have to talk to the dealer about. My next jeep will have the deepest gears offered.

Skunk709

my list is fairly straight forward.

1 - upgrade the lighting, (not LED either, they dont melt snow and ice)
2 - stronger axle housings (mostly front C's)
3 - factory wheels have a backspacing similar to AEV wheels.

and to a lesser extent, drop the folding windshield for the sake of a stronger cage structure, and could also help with aerodynamics and weight, ie. fuel consumption.

Skirmish

When I get to work I want to press a button that turns my rig into a briefcase that I can carry in like the Jetsons promised or I'm not buying one.

MTG

Caught the Bug
When I get to work I want to press a button that turns my rig into a briefcase that I can carry in like the Jetsons promised or I'm not buying one.

That's sooo unrealistic! I can't believe you even posted that!

Everyone knows it would have to fold up to the size of a small duffel bag. Oh, wait maybe that's the unlimited I'm thinking of. :crazy eyes:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
That's sooo unrealistic! I can't believe you even posted that!

Everyone knows it would have to fold up to the size of a small duffel bag. Oh, wait maybe that's the unlimited I'm thinking of. :crazy eyes:

Are you serious! Do you think that will ever happen in a million years?!? No! Its going to drop you off at work, and drive itself home and wait till you call...lol

Paratroopers stay up longer!

Platty

Over here in the UK our needs are somewhat differant so for the UK
LED lighting and options on bumper styles

StrizzyChris

A year old video, but 2:20 to the end gives me hope for a pickup and a diesel for the next Gen wrangler :fingerscrossed:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I honestly love everything about the current JKs. I'd like them to use the same plastic bumpers that are on the MOAB and 10th Anniversary Rubis from now on but other than that I'm content. Someone suggested some better wheels with 4.5 backspacing. That would be nice! Specially on the Sport models cause these steelies look like they are hugging the suspension and braking components. I hate them so if Jeep could get steelies with decent backspacing and style, I'd be happy. I don't have power windows so can't bitch about the controls being in the center and I actually really like the interior. I wouldn't change a thing. I would like a D44 front axle but meh I don't plan on crawling it so the D30 is decent. Now I would like better gears as an option in the rear but in the end...whatever will give me optimum MPGs is fine with me.

What I think would be really cool is for Jeep's section of MoparUnderground to "build" whatever a customer wants. Like a mini manufacturing plant. They only have available whatever suspension, axle, gearing, motors, interiors, exterior, armor, etc options that any other Jeep comes in BUT it isn't a certain edition. Everything starts off as a basic Wrangler Sport (either 2dr or 4 dr) and is built up from there with whatever options the customer selects in a dealership and has ordered. Would be a long waiting list BUT that would make the cost strictly base model and parts specific related so theoretically you wouldn't have to pay an ass load of money for what you want.

For example...if I had this service available last October when I bought my Patriot I would've used it and just waited (saving) for mine to be built and shipped to my dealer. I would've gotten;
Base: 2dr
Trans: auto
Engine: 3.0L Diesel
Rock Lobster Red Exterior
Saddle Leather Interior
Manual Windows + Locks
Cruise Control | Air Conditioning | Heater
Soft Top
D30 front
D44 rear
4.10 gearing
Sport S wheels
BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2s - 285/70/17

And that'd basically be it.

Sidenote...why do they even offer the Sahara? It's just a Sport S with bigger wheels, painted fender flares, and the optional leather interior yet it costs way more than a Sport S? Like nearly $3k more. That doesn't make sense to me. If they want it to be 'classier,' stick with the Altitute or Latitude name. The Sahara should be more of a outdoors/camping/desert runner type Wrangler IMO.

bornjeep

My Rubi came with 3.73's. 10frank9 just got his with 4.10's, but if you go to build one on the jeep.com website it will not let you select 4.10's with the automatic transmission, even with the max trailer tow package.

I don't know if it's a web site issue or what but you can still get the 4.10's with the auto trans if you build the Rubi 10th annv. edition. You are right about the other models though. Go figure.

bl17z90

One thing that jeep should do above all else is changr the stupid effing key. The key and the fob being one peice pisses me off because of the way i wear my keys on my belt and adding to the frustration is the fact that the hole is on the side and not wide enough for it to spin on some key rings.

I kniw this sounds like a little issue but i hate the key so much that i we t and got a normal key cut for my jeep and carry that around instead

Bacon

Diesel. that's it. I drive a Jetta TDI right now that gets 40 mpg easily and I absolutely friggin love it. if I could get a JK that averaged, oh hell, say even 23 mpg....that'd be super.

Bacon

One thing that jeep should do above all else is changr the stupid effing key. The key and the fob being one peice pisses me off because of the way i wear my keys on my belt and adding to the frustration is the fact that the hole is on the side and not wide enough for it to spin on some key rings.

I kniw this sounds like a little issue but i hate the key so much that i we t and got a normal key cut for my jeep and carry that around instead

ok, diesel, and this. I almost forgot how much I hated that damn monstrosity of a key I had for my JK. that friggin this poked holes in the pockets of two of my coats. it's just too damn big. VW has had it right for years, even Chevy is coming around. a key fob with a spring loaded, flip-out key. a small key fob and push-button start would be even better for convenience I guess but I kinda like turning a key to start my vehicle.

Holeshot

Banned
- LED headlights/fogs
- full rollcage
- 2 door unlimited models
- reinforced D44 standart on all models
- Lockers in option on all models
- 4:1 transfer case standart on all models
- floor underlined
- hood strut
- better interior lighting
- hvac duct to rear passengers

I think this is realistic and would be real nice to have from factory. And please, keep the jk design and solid axles!!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
- LED headlights/fogs
- full rollcage
- 2 door unlimited models
- reinforced D44 standart on all models
- Lockers in option on all models
- 4:1 transfer case standart on all models
- floor underlined
- hood strut
- better interior lighting
- hvac duct to rear passengers

I think this is realistic and would be real nice to have from factory. And please, keep the jk design and solid axles!!

That's all nice, but you just added a solid 4k to the price. I personally wouldn't want LED headlights (I think they are terrible unless its something like an Audi or a Cadillac setup, which is a $2000 option) and I don't think a 2 door unlimited would sell.

ssgp2

I don't understand your statement about LED being terrible except on Audi or Cadillac.
Is it a question of performance or aesthetics?

My appreciation of LED technology is based on how much they perform on very little energy.

I must admit that I torn between the proven tech vs newer tech.
I want a Jeep that is reliable but crave the simplicity/versatility of the new technology.

I see this type of car as what the future holds and the potential of doing something totally different from the past hundred years. How could this tech apply to what Jeep is doing, I don't know.
http://vimeo.com/61821553#

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't understand your statement about LED being terrible except on Audi or Cadillac.
Is it a question of performance or aesthetics?

My appreciation of LED technology is based on how much they perform on very little energy.

I must admit that I torn between the proven tech vs newer tech.
I want a Jeep that is reliable but crave the simplicity/versatility of the new technology.

I see this type of car as what the future holds and the potential of doing something totally different from the past hundred years. How could this tech apply to what Jeep is doing, I don't know.
http://vimeo.com/61821553#

He knows all and the stock headlights are amazing compared to the trucklites.:crazyeyes::icon_crazy:

Top Bottom