Yet Another Reason Why I'm Glad that I No Longer Live in California

MTG

Caught the Bug
Honestly, this thing has gotten me so mad that I think I'm going to find a shirt with an American flag on it and wear it on Cinco de Mayo.

It would be more impressive if you wore it to Live Oak High School. :yup:

Oscar35

I'm American. US citizen. Just like African-American I'm Mexican-American. Like I said I just weighed in on the topic

TUFTRLZ

Oscar35

Yup its a just a party day that's all. Mexican Independence day is in September so Cinco de Mayo is a man made day just to party and drink. People need to get educated.

TUFTRLZ

sean.m.adams33

This is ridiculous.... I wish I could get out of California, but it seems like things like this are popping up all over our great country.

Conman

I remember one time I was at a store and saw some dude wearing a shirt that had a cartoon looking boxing eagle that was draped in a Mexican flag. The eagle was standing over another eagle that was dressed in Stars and Stripes shorts and red boxing gloves that had obviously been knocked out. Upon closer inspection of the shirt I noticed that the eagle that had triumphed was pissing on the downed opponent. Short of having it piss on the American flag this was about as offensive as it gets. Talk about blood boiling.

Oscar35

Better yet Eddie. Put a slogan in Spanish. Estamos en America, asi es la vida! With the American flag. Translates to We're in America, it's a WAYALIFE! I'm drinking sry. Lol:D:D:D

TUFTRLZ

Oscar35

I speak a lil Chinese too. Do I have to go to China to speak in Chinese? I have a daughter studying multiple languages. I'm not gonna tell her she can't study other languages cuz she lives in America. Your comment is ignorant. Not gonna get into a fuss with someone not in front of me. If you read my comments in this topic you'll see I was against the ban moron.

TUFTRLZ

Robar

The Enforcer
Honestly, I think it's great that people from other cultures want to embrace their heritage and culture and celebrate holidays from their homeland. But, to threaten Americans just because they chose to wear an American flag is preposterous. That a court would get involved in the manner that they have and allow thugs to impose their will through the threat of violence is simply ridiculous.

Embracing your heritage is great, but I don't think it should over shadow America if you claim to be an American.

I'm American. US citizen. Just like African-American I'm Mexican-American. Like I said I just weighed in on the topic

TUFTRLZ
My point is, why can't we just be Americans? Very few of us are native to America.

Robar

The Enforcer
I speak a lil Chinese too. Do I have to go to China to speak in Chinese? I have a daughter studying multiple languages. I'm not gonna tell her she can't study other languages cuz she lives in America. Your comment is ignorant. Not gonna get into a fuss with someone not in front of me. If you read my comments in this topic you'll see I was against the ban moron.

TUFTRLZ
Why do you have to resort to name calling?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

TUFTRLZ

I didn't quote you did I? If I did I would be talking to you.

You're not going to get into a fuss you're just going to call me names and leave it at that? Get over yourself.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Embracing your heritage is great, but I don't think it should over shadow America if you claim to be an American.

Oh, I'm with ya 100%. You're talking to a guy who was born of immigrant parents and yet knows very little about my own heritage. Although my dad could barely speak English, he encouraged me to NOT look back to the old world but to be a proud American!!

Top Bottom